Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do if your Internet goes down?

wow grace what do you mean

if my internet is not working (smart bro), i go to my colleagues house (my neighbor who has another server - sky cable), or i use the very handy globe tatttoo

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    wow grace what do you mean
    anything u might have in mine

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If you read the small print on the mobile sites 'unlimited' means either 1GB or 2GB's a month depending on the carrier.
    Yes i'm sure it will say something like that but i'm only messin about on it when bored so it's fine,hey i think i will bookmark this site I forgot oops

Respected Member
    Stay in the office late, or I go down the pub an use my Three 3G dongle or even better if I'm feeling flush I go to a better (but more expensive pub) and use the local free wifi which magically extends from the town park all the way up the high street

Respected Member
    I think I'm pretty well covered for back up plans if I have a router or PC problem, but not much I can do if a phone line goes down. I run 2 laptops and a desktop PC, and 2 HTC smart phones with full internet capability, plus have an old Blackberry bold as a back up phone. I've just bought a new Netgear N150 wireless router and a Belkin N150 network card to ensure I can get wireless everywhere in the house, garage and garden (I've got my internet providers free wireless router as a back up). The laptops all have built in wireless anyway, and my phones all work on wirless or 3G. If my landline goes down, I've got an o2 3G USB dongle I can use on my laptops and PC's.
    It would be very unlikely that all of these devices would fail at the same time and leave me without internet or phone, but that doesnt stop my mahal wanting to chat on YM when I have just got in the car to start a 2 hour drive

When it happens I go to SM that offers free wifi. Take my laptop with me and will leave when mall closes But if it is wee hours IT Park in Lahug, Cebu right across waterfront offers free wifi and they are open 24hours like Starbucks. It is costly but since I work at wee hours to synch with my boss in NY which is until 6AM and its about 11PM in the UK. It sounds like a plus to me. I get to speak with hubby which is the real happiness to me and get work done.

If nothing works out I login to my phone using the Smart Network 20PHP/hour which loaded with Skype and Fring applications to message my boss. It's worth buying credits through Skype too as it can be cheaper calling international specially when there is no Internet at all. I do have a 2G dongle but it is as slow as turtle, takes ages to load the emails or connect to any IM. If I tether my phone to laptop, the whole process is dragging for me.

When everything fails I call hubby to phone me back and make me smile
    Life as we make it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information