Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seeking job

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    peanutz, A level english, and i'm sure Alan would correct me if i'm wrong, is no easy exam , nothing wrong with your english, maybe you should spend time on a course or skill which would lead you to a job you want to do..

IELTS like you said is used to grade people by their knowledge of the english language.

what type of work do you want to do?
    I will second that the ielts is what Unis, the nhs, and other major employers use as a way of measuring peoples English skills. In fact i think the schools in the UK would find it worth its while to make ALL pupils take it so employers could judge all canditates skills in Reading,writing, listening and speaking English.

Hi peanuts! After reading all your post, i can say your english language is really good. But remember, employers look at CV first before deciding to interview applicants.

Hi Contact me via my email Reilly113@aol.com, let me have copy of your CV (Bio Data ) which will probably needs to be reformated to the UK Format.
    I'm a Registered Nurse, I'm a Community Branch Officer for a Health Trade Union called UNISON, I'm well known in the UK Phil Community. Kuya Allen 07801 811 859

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    peanutz, A level english, and i'm sure Alan would correct me if i'm wrong, is no easy exam , nothing wrong with your english, maybe you should spend time on a course or skill which would lead you to a job you want to do..

IELTS like you said is used to grade people by their knowledge of the english language.

what type of work do you want to do?
    Hi Joe, sorry for this late reply I got so busy! I painted the other room and I got all sorenot bad to keep myself busy it's just all is a mess here now and I still have not yet finished to put things on their place

I really want to take an A level in English just for my own satisfaction and I do really think that it might be a good thing for me to achieve it, I know that it will be hard for me since it is not my mother tongue but I will try my best. I went to inform about it and they gave me a pre-assessment test and my result was I am a level 2 and I am eligible to get the GCSE higher tier course. My qualifications are (this is in Italy) I can work in Banks, Manager Company supervisor and a freelance interpreter. But this is my qualifications in Italy, I went for an informative interview in a job agency and the lady told me that I have a very good job skills and she will try to look if there are job offer that would fit my skills, she can't believe that I arrived only twenty days ago and already adventuring to find a job (still waiting to be called). What I feel is I need to be confident in speaking everyday english and I will only achieve that by working. I will get any kind of job that would help me to practice my english and move for a higher job skills after I gained my english speaking confidence. I was also thinking of getting a Math GCSE which I think it will be much harder for me since I hate anything whith numbers Anyway, I am going out to the center again and look for job, maybe I will hunt down every shop and job agencies and give them again my CV. Wish me luck!

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya Allen View Post
    Hi Contact me via my email Reilly113@aol.com, let me have copy of your CV (Bio Data ) which will probably needs to be reformated to the UK Format.
    I'm a Registered Nurse, I'm a Community Branch Officer for a Health Trade Union called UNISON, I'm well known in the UK Phil Community. Kuya Allen 07801 811 859
    Kuya Allen is this addressed to me?

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

of course good luck from me
    just don't give up, keep learning, you'll have no problems

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Smile On spouse visa

Quote Originally Posted by lady View Post
    i just arrived here in London thru spouse visa. I'm registered nurse in philippines .can i ask help where i could apply work here in UK?
    yes you can..but if you work as a Nurse
    YOU must be registered in NMC...now that you came from the Philippines you need ONP (Overseas Nurse Program) in order to complete your Registration.
    You also have to take ILETS with band 7 points.Once you have your full registration you can find a job.I doubt if you can in NHS...but try in the Nursing home.NHS is on the process of deplacing people,while your not a British Citizen its unlikeley you will be offered a job.From then,try the Private Nursing home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    Hi Joe, sorry for this late reply I got so busy! I painted the other room and I got all sorenot bad to keep myself busy it's just all is a mess here now and I still have not yet finished to put things on their place

I really want to take an A level in English just for my own satisfaction and I do really think that it might be a good thing for me to achieve it, I know that it will be hard for me since it is not my mother tongue but I will try my best. I went to inform about it and they gave me a pre-assessment test and my result was I am a level 2 and I am eligible to get the GCSE higher tier course. My qualifications are (this is in Italy) I can work in Banks, Manager Company supervisor and a freelance interpreter. But this is my qualifications in Italy, I went for an informative interview in a job agency and the lady told me that I have a very good job skills and she will try to look if there are job offer that would fit my skills, she can't believe that I arrived only twenty days ago and already adventuring to find a job (still waiting to be called). What I feel is I need to be confident in speaking everyday english and I will only achieve that by working. I will get any kind of job that would help me to practice my english and move for a higher job skills after I gained my english speaking confidence. I was also thinking of getting a Math GCSE which I think it will be much harder for me since I hate anything whith numbers Anyway, I am going out to the center again and look for job, maybe I will hunt down every shop and job agencies and give them again my CV. Wish me luck!
    i wish u good luck peanutz...and im confident u can have job soon,actually that is our topic of my hubby
    ..if i can find job easy if i go there,as im doing well here in pi,having business lending w/c i owned for almost 6 years,i saw this thread was made august 2007 and im replying it just now...so i wonder if u had find job now peanutz ( would u like to keep in touch yourself on the forum now?

good luck juliet

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Cool

You can legally work in th UK in Spouce visa.
    If your a Nurse in the Philippines,current regulations must be registered in the NMC.You will be assessed as an overseas nurse,whereby you need a IETLS score of 7 and undergo ONP,that is done by the local universities or privated provider.The NHS is undergoing organizational change where local and overseas nurses were displaced due to Budget Deficits,there are slim chances in getting a job nowadays.
    Since you are here,try to gain experiences as a Carer in the Nursing home and when you gain registration maybe you can try to submit an application in the NHS portal,if your lucky to be selected for interview..good and if not try again.But take my advised,its hard to seek employment in teh NHS as a self starter,take my work been here as RGN in the NHS for 8 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information