Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What scares you the most

What scares you the most

I am scared to be CLONED (dont ask me why,,???...there is already a technical breakthrough that scientist can turn human eggs into cloned embryos) ..do u think we can see one cloned human in our lifetime??? woooooo scary.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

cloning would be great, imagine if there was millions of cloned bornatbirths

clowns scare me
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

i think we could, there is always some scientist somewhere that will do it. they have now cloned a few different animals since dolly was cloned. some have already claimed to have produced cloned embryos and implanted them. http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...nayiotis-zavos
    there are some mad scientist out there, one will do it.

Trusted Member
    They're moving towards being able to digitise your memory now.

Upload that into your shiny new cloned body, and away you go.

Of course all these things will come to fruition the week after I'm in the ground.

Cloning is technical possible, although the animals so far cloned have not been without problems.
    Human cloning could happen without us knowing.
    It would be even more scary if a cloned me had my memories digitised and uploaded.
    How would I know who was really me?

surely a cloned you will have to be born and will look younger
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    ... imagine if there was millions of cloned bornatbirths

... perish the thought ... that's enough to scare anyone!

Trusted Member
    Wouldn't it be great though....starting off again, young and vigorous, but with all those lessons in life already learned....and I could buy a hairbrush !

Hmm - have to change my taste in clothes and music though

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    What scares you the most
    Growing old alone and forever single! and my loved ones dying of a terrible crime like a massacre
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    What scares me most. Its failure. You wld of thought I wld be used to it by now ! It still rips my gutts out. I guess its the same for most people. Getting back to what Graham said about being young again and of course knowing what we know now. Who was it who said ' Youth is wasted on the young' ? Yes, I know Robby Williams said it in one of his songs

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    What scares me most. Its *failure. You wld of thought I wld be used to it by now ! It still rips my gutts out. I guess its the same for most people. Getting back to what Graham said about being young again and of course knowing what we know now. Who was it who said ' Youth is wasted on the young' ? Yes, I know Robby Williams said it in one of his songs
    , Mark ... God knows, I've had my share of *it! I won't elaborate for now, though - as it would take me all night ... based on the number of years I've been around. Suffice to say, even if I were given the chance to live my life over again - armed with the knowledge of mistakes I've made in the past - I doubt if I'd be able to change things in any way, with me being the sort of person I am!

Banned
    Reliable Arthur ! I bet your co-workers where sad the day you retired? Im sure you wld be greatly missed by many on here if you did a 'disappearing act' on us. Anyway, enough flannel from me. Like you said, even if we had our time again, for sure, we wld make all those same mistakes all over again. As my dear wife says, ' it makes me what and who I am' weather that is good or bad, im not sure. No, I wld not change me either. On reflection, I prefer to 'carry the cross' I have been blessed with.

I am most afraid of disappointing others. I've been told time and again to live my life for myself, but those same people tell me to go to some uni or other because THEY KNOW what's best for me, or to aim much higher than what I want because THEY KNOW what I'm capable of. Part of me wants to tell them to sod off but a much bigger part doesn't want to disappoint. Sad, that. It's pathetic, really.

Heights scare me, just the thought of looking over a hotel balcony makes me nervous. I have always said to my family, if I ever die from falling, then someone has pushed/killed me, as there is no way I would ever get near to the edge to jump.

Can I just say, sorry if my post is in bad taste for any of the members, if it is, I apologise and it can be removed.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Banned
    Dont push me. I too, can relate to those feelings and Im sure so can many others if they were honest with themselves. Not good to put yourself down though.

Trusted Member
    This past few days I've been almost daily visiting my friend who has just spent thirty years in the Phils and is married to the cousin of my ex (Filipina).

He was always such a strong, funny and adventurous guy, and now he has cancer and will probably be dead in a week or two...reduced to skin and bones.

It has made me think, and re-evaluate what is left of my life.

Banned
    Wow Graham Sorry to hear about your friend. It will come to all of us though, hopefully not like that. Its a crazy world we live in, we spend our 20's and 30's chasing material wealth then, when some of us get older, realise its all bullshit, then take on different values, like you said Graham, when death strikes our nearest and dearest, you start to make sense of whats left of your own life

Respected Member
    Sorry to hear that Graham :(

My personal biggest fear is that something will happen to me that will prevent me being able to support my kids, I am old enough that I do not care about myself much but I need to know my kids will be safe and provided for and right now I don't have that assurance.

James is 5 next week and Janna will be 3 next year, I don't have insurance and it would be too expensive now to get it at my age and Ana has not been great at being self sufficient so I worry every day, I really am scared about things these days.

I would be less scared if I could get them into Britain but we still have technical problems trying to do that. :(

Thumbs up

Reliable Arthur ! Im sure you wld be greatly missed by many on here if you did a 'disappearing act' on us.
    , mate ... it's very kind of you to say so!

Quote Originally Posted by gWapito View Post
    Anyway, enough flannel from me.
    ... carry on ... I'm lapping it up!

I bet your co-workers where sad the day you retired?
    Dunno, my friend ... I was on sick leave at the time. Didn't even have a 'farewell do'. But I did receive a nice fat cheque for seventy-odd quid [through the post] in a franked brown envelope!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    This past few days I've been almost daily visiting my friend who has just spent thirty years in the Phils and is married to the cousin of my ex (Filipina).

He was always such a strong, funny and adventurous guy, and now he has cancer and will probably be dead in a week or two...reduced to skin and bones.
    Graham ... I'm truly sorry to read about your friend ... so sad!

I'll bet it has ... even though it's hard to come to terms with one's own mortality!

Nothing to fear but fear itself ladies and gentleman!

In the future cows and sheep will be cloned and obtaining livestock will be cheap in every country in the world, I'm talking about cloning cattle for the sake of poor countries that need the food. Some say eating cloned meat is not safe...my feeling is it's perfectly safe! I can't imagine why it wouldn't be!

Also many of us will be telepathic and we will download information to each other like computers, we wont need to talk!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

You guys have been talking about dying, I'm absolutley convinced that there is no such thing as dying, we are not our bodies, we do not even exist in our bodies it just appears that way! The you that is you and the me that is me does not exist inside the body, in fact our bodies, the sun, the stars, the moon, EVERYTHING does not truly exist! Life is a holograph in very very high definition, it's like we are Lara Croft inside an all singing all dancing computer game!

Fact of science!

Of course, the computer game is just a load of spectacular graphics! And so too is Lara Croft!

So where is the you that is you?

Hmmmm

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    Sorry to hear that Graham :(

My personal biggest fear is that something will happen to me that will prevent me being able to support my kids, I am old enough that I do not care about myself much but I need to know my kids will be safe and provided for and right now I don't have that assurance.

James is 5 next week and Janna will be 3 next year, I don't have insurance and it would be too expensive now to get it at my age and Ana has not been great at being self sufficient so I worry every day, I really am scared about things these days.

I would be less scared if I could get them into Britain but we still have technical problems trying to do that. :(
    Hi Jim.

None of my business, but I do think it's important to sort out visas/citizenship for your family, and it will obviously take a lot off your mind.

Personally I was quite content flitting between Hongkong and the Phils for a few years, and if I had no other responsibilities would have stayed there to this day.

It was when my son was old enough to start school in the UK that I decided to bring him and my 2 Filipino stepchildren over here so they could all benefit from a good education and some stability in their lives.

Yes, I could have been selfish, but seeing how they've all blossomed and done so well in their lives is reward enough for me, and I feel better about myself as a result.

We have been back to the Phils since, and of course they can go any time they want for hols, but enabling them (stepkids) to have British citizenship is a pretty good way of bequeathing to someone a safe and secure future.

For my own boy, he has been able to take advantage of his birthright, in the form of a first class education and a sense of 'identity'.

I wish you the best of luck anyway.

Sorry also to hear about that. Well done for the support you are showing.
    I agree about re-evaluation of the important things in life.
    I did that some years ago.
    I'm now much 'richer', (not financially)

Banned
    I want a few lb's of what Nigel's on Was you being serious, Nigel ?. An example of 'youth being wasted on the young'. I have read Jim's posts, Graham. Im sure he wld of sorted there visa's long ago if it were possible. At least he knows if something did happen, his wife and Children are surround by family and friends in the Phil. I too, have been thinking along the same lines as Jim, what wld happen if something happened to me. We not got a joint bank account yet, that will be done the day we get back from Phil, papers are in order for that. As some of you will be aware with my situation, I have a Family at War, I can only turn to my second eldest sister so, I have given my wife her cell number and also given all my bank details so, If the worst was to happen, she wld have access to money. I know its unlikely to happen but, I dont want to tempt fate any more than I have to.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I am scared to be CLONED (dont ask me why,,???...there is already a technical breakthrough that scientist can turn human eggs into cloned embryos) ..do u think we can see one cloned human in our lifetime??? woooooo scary.
    Nothing like cloning would scare me. The only time ive been scared was wen i was living in rp and my youngest kid got very ill and we had to rush her by taxi not ambulance to the hospital. the taxi driver did a good job and he pushed his way through the traffic to get our daughter to the hospital were they saved her life..

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Graham. I hope he's come to terms with what's happening. At least he can have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    Nothing like cloning would scare me. The only time ive been scared was wen i was living in rp and my youngest kid got very ill and we had to rush her by taxi not ambulance to the hospital. the taxi driver did a good job and he pushed his way through the traffic to get our daughter to the hospital were they saved her life..
    Wow, it sounds like that taxi driver deserved a big tip!

Dont push me. I too, can relate to those feelings and Im sure so can many others if they were honest with themselves. Not good to put yourself down though.
    Thanks. That reminds me. I think I'm about to start another rant (or maybe I'll start raving instead).

Respected Member
    Hi Jim.

None of my business, but I do think it's important to sort out visas/citizenship for your family, and it will obviously take a lot off your mind.

Personally I was quite content flitting between Hongkong and the Phils for a few years, and if I had no other responsibilities would have stayed there to this day.

It was when my son was old enough to start school in the UK that I decided to bring him and my 2 Filipino stepchildren over here so they could all benefit from a good education and some stability in their lives.

Yes, I could have been selfish, but seeing how they've all blossomed and done so well in their lives is reward enough for me, and I feel better about myself as a result.

We have been back to the Phils since, and of course they can go any time they want for hols, but enabling them (stepkids) to have British citizenship is a pretty good way of bequeathing to someone a safe and secure future.

For my own boy, he has been able to take advantage of his birthright, in the form of a first class education and a sense of 'identity'.

I wish you the best of luck anyway.
    Thanks Graham, if you do a search you might get to understand where my problems are coming from Joe, Arthur and some of the more regular members know my story well.

My partner is Korean/Filipino by a previous marriage, regained Phils nationality in 2007, is not annulled in the Phils, our son James was born 2005 before rule change that gave automatic British citizenship, daughter Janna is already British as she was born 2.5 years ago (rules changed).

Annulment case finally starts this Friday, I could marry her just now under her Korean nationality but that raises problems with James and of course raises the problem of being seen as a bigamist under Philippine law.

To complicate matters if the Korean's ever found out that she had Filipino nationality they would revoke her status, dual nationality is not allowed, but it's the dual nationality (Korean side) that has allowed us to spend some time together in the UK.

If I tried to marry her while she is resident in the Phils the British Embassy would treat her as Filipino we already supplied many documents explaining our situation to them.

Only good thing is that in two months time the Koreans change their law and she gets to be Korean for life independent of what her ex husband (from 15 years back) does re the family register.

Just hoping that the annulment case in the Phils is not too prolonged, we have waited almost 6 years for this and she has been divorced for over 15 years now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information