Thread: Need Suggestions,Ideas on EEA Family Permit/Spousal Visa

Respected Member

Need Suggestions,Ideas on EEA Family Permit/Spousal Visa

Hi everybody,

Im here in the post for quite a while now. And this site help me find answers to my questions in our future application with my fiance. But still I need more ideas and suggestions from you guys on my issues about our future visa application. Ive been wanting to write a new post regarding some points that are still unclear to my mind.

My fiance is from Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K. We met in Dec 2009, and he decided to see me in person June 2010. As we have met, it brought so many changes in my life. And one of them is to get married in Feb 2011.

We are thinking undecided on what the best visa to apply. We like to go for the EEA Family permit, he is still waiting for his Irish passport to be release as of the moment. It take it so long to wait for they ask so many documentation on his part. and He is also holding a British passport, which he used that when he went to the Philippines. So Im thinking also now of applying on Settlement/Spousal Visa.

What are the best thing to present documents to apply in a family permit? He can be an Northern Irish and British citizen. He is working in a musuem for 14 years in Belfast. Thats why we also opted the family permit. since Republic of Ireland is part of EEA country so as the Uk, but I know there are limitations of those citizens that are dual citizenships. Please correct me If Im wrong.

Any help of suggestions will greatly be appreciated. We are some kind confused. Hope I can hear a positive response. What do u think is the best way?

Thanks again...Regards,
    Ann

this should answer many of your questions.

http://www.lawcentreni.org/EoR/immig...lations.html#2.

family permit is probably the way to go, not many disadvantages other than the time it takes to get permanent residency on a family permit (5yrs) as compared to 2yrs on a spouse visa.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

this should answer many of your questions.

http://www.lawcentreni.org/EoR/immig...lations.html#2.

family permit is probably the way to go, not many disadvantages other than the time it takes to get permanent residency on a family permit (5yrs) as compared to 2yrs on a spouse visa.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Hi Joebloggs,

Thank you very much for this information. Im really glad that I came to this site. I know people like you and other here are willing to help. I will use this info.

Thanks again....

ann

Respected Member
    Hello again.

Is it Ok that he will use for the first time his Irish Passport coming to the Philippines this February, he used his british passport the last time he is here.

Can the immigration stamped 2 passports at the same time? correct me if im wrong.

thanks again for the info..any info is greatly appreciated.

regards,
    Ann

what country is your husband living in ?

Respected Member
    Hi again,

My fiance is from Belfast,northen ireland, u.k. He's working and lived there.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
    Ann x0x0

Respected Member
    Hi again,

My fiance is from Belfast, Northern Ireland.U.K. He works and lived there.

Thanks again,
    Regards,
    Ann

Hello febmary,
    Your fiance can hold both. Both countries recognise the right to dual citizenship.

Just I'm a little confused.
    Entitlement to Irish Passport is not automatic. If he was born in NI, he is UK subject. But may be entitled to Irish citizenship if one of his grandparents is or was an Irish citizen.

Is his Irish passport approved?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hello febmary,
    Your fiance can hold both. Both countries recognise the right to dual citizenship.

Just I'm a little confused.
    Entitlement to Irish Passport is not automatic. If he was born in NI, he is UK subject. But may be entitled to Irish citizenship if one of his grandparents is or was an Irish citizen.

Is his Irish passport approved?
    Should have added if one of your fiance's parents was an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland then he can gain Irish Citizenship.

Sorry, pressed the button too early!

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe,

Thanks for the info. Sad to say, It took so long for him to wait until now. He had all the documents needed for his passport, his Irish passport havent approved. Its been 2 weeks now since he applied.

What if, he dont have the descent of Irish citizens from grandparents or parents, he cant be granted a Irish passport?

Any help is appreciated..Thanks again..

Febmary

Quote Originally Posted by febmary View Post
    Hi Terpe,

Thanks for the info. Sad to say, It took so long for him to wait until now. He had all the documents needed for his passport, his Irish passport havent approved. Its been 2 weeks now since he applied.

What if, he dont have the descent of Irish citizens from grandparents or parents, he cant be granted a Irish passport?

Any help is appreciated..Thanks again..

Febmary
    Check here:-
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=267

Hello,

This is a good topic, because i also married a british national living in Northern Ireland.
    Was just wondering, Northern Ireland is part of U.K. and i can see it from the list of EEA Countries that U.K. is one of the members. If so, can a spouse of the one living in Northern Ireland can file for family permit not a spouse visa? And maybe my husband and febmary's husband wont need a dual citizenship?
    Enlighten me, please, I'm confuse.

Thank you.

Respected Member
    Hello there,

Terpe, my fiance's Irish passport is approved now. He will be using that when we apply for EEA Permit.

Josieyam65. My fiance lives in Belfast, NI. He just got an Irish Passport, Hes also dual citizenship (Britis). We had plans before of going into a spousal visa, but since the EEA Permit had more advantages, so we would like to take the chance to go for it. If you see the Joebloggs website link he posted in this thread. Hope it will help.

I know there will be good hearted people will enlighten us and would like to share their ideas. We would love to hear other people's opinion to this matter

Best regards,
    Febmary

hello febmary, like you i also have queries and need all the help i could get before submitting our eea family permit application and recently i posted a new thread regarding this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....+family+permit that is the link to my thread and keithangel posted a link there on info about eea family permit which one of the main concerns is those who were british/irish citizen.pls if you know anything or any information about it pls let me know thank you so much and good day

Respected Member
    Hi Marikristin,

I email you in your personal account about your concerns. We havent apply yet, we plan in the middle of this year after we marry. This forum had been so helpful to gather infos. We can help each other and exchange ideas or we can talk it over if ever you are online. We just need to have a strong application. Hope you also trace some links given by Joebloggs. U can find it helpful. Keep in touch.

Regards,
    Ann

hi ann i am online at the moment i added you on your ym.thank you for replying me.maybe we can talk on yahoo.thank you

Just repeating Belfast dudes sucsess last june

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....m-i?highlight=

Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thread Information