Thread: hello all would like advice please

Newbie (Restricted Access)

hello all would like advice please

Hi all
    My name is Jason and I have been talking online to a great and loverly lady in the Philippines for about a year and a half now.
    I am going over there for our first meeting face to face in january which we are both excited about.
    What I would like advice on is after my visit I would like her to come to my home in the UK and spend sometime with me here and show her the sites and lifestyle over here for a month I own my own home and I am in full time employment.
    I would really like anyone who has had there future fiance/wife over for a short visit/holiday to give me advice and the procedure on permission for entry to the UK for someone coming from the Philippines.
    I have already paid for and she has got her passport so hurdle one is complete.
    Thank you in advance for any help and advice you may reply
    regards
    Jason

Hi,
    Try using the search function here on the forum for 'tourist visa'....
    its pretty much a lottery regarding tourist visas with a high percentage of refusals..
    Does you gf work in Phils?
    Does she have her own property etc?

Like i said try the search or im sure Joebloggs or Ricky will assist you soon

regards and good luck

Welcome Jason,

Take a look at the links in this thread, it gives a couple of ideas on invite letters that Joe has already sourced for another memeber

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....911#post256911

Steve
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum
    Hope you will enjoy your visit to the Philippines

Regarding inviting your g/f to UK, one of the most important issues will be providing strong reasons for her to return home.

hi there enjoy your time there first, and then plan what your futures will be , seeing each other in person will make you think much better towards what you both want , could be a tourist visa , a fiancee visa , enjoy jan first

Hello Jason
    Welcome to the forum
    I cant add any more information except enjoy your visit to your lady first and you will both know better what to do next
    Mick

hello jason welcome here!!

check the link from steve r and this link http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/
    goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

HI jason welcome to the forum enjoy your trip

to the filipino/uk forum, Jason ... and enjoy your forthcoming visit to the Philippines.

Simply utilise the links provided by the others who have already responded to your introductory post. It's understandable the idea of bringing the lady in question to the UK for a follow-up visit will have crossed your mind. And what could be more logical? (you'd think!) But the main stumbling block seems to be the British Government's inherent suspicion that overseas visitors from non-European countries will be tempted to stay on indefinitely once they're here. Which, of course, has the knock-on effect of resulting in many [bona fide] 'Tourist Visa' applications being denied.

So it makes sense for a potential visitor to prepare him/herself well beforehand by ... for example ... supplying an employer's letter clearly stating that he/she will have a job to go back to on his/her return.

welcome to the forum jason... u will learn lot of things in the forum esp bout the visa.. enjoy!!!

Respected Member
    Welcome Jason, hope you find some useful info on here. Have a great time in the P.I's in Jan - where are you going? Lot's of the guys here can give you plenty of tips and advice on places to stay and what to do ...etc.

Regarding the Tourist Visa, it really is a lottery, and your own financial position bares no influence on the outcome, after my ex was refused entry and my subsequent appeal failed it became apparent that all they were really interested was wether or not she would leave the UK and proving she had sufficient reason to go back to the P.I's

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soundshaper View Post
    Hi all
    My name is Jason and I have been talking online to a great and loverly lady in the Philippines for about a year and a half now.
    I am going over there for our first meeting face to face in january which we are both excited about.
    What I would like advice on is after my visit I would like her to come to my home in the UK and spend sometime with me here and show her the sites and lifestyle over here for a month I own my own home and I am in full time employment.
    I would really like anyone who has had there future fiance/wife over for a short visit/holiday to give me advice and the procedure on permission for entry to the UK for someone coming from the Philippines.
    I have already paid for and she has got her passport so hurdle one is complete.
    Thank you in advance for any help and advice you may reply
    regards
    Jason
    Very, very difficult to obtain. Even many middle class Filipinos are turned down for it. People with permanent relatively well paying jobs and family to return to. And I would guess it will be getting even harder now with the current shower in office! Still, best of luck with it all.

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Like the rest of the forum member's advice. Getting a visit visa is a lottery. I've been even turned down to visit my husband who works in the UK. As I am happy living here in the Philippines.
    A strong connection to the Phils like properties, a high paying job stating on the certification of employment that your lady will return to the Philippines.
    Visit visas are difficult to obtain. But I'm sure you will find plenty of information here.

Enjoy your January trip.
    Life as we make it

Banned
    Maybe plan to visit the Phils a few times and see how things progress between both of you

You never know, love and romance could blossom there and you may want to take things further
    Filipinas are very alluring when next to them
    I knew in a split second that my wife was the one for me when she smiled and looked at me with those dark eyes
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    when she smiled and looked at me with those dark LIZARD eyes
    Best of luck.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    My wife's eyes are as far from a lizard's as it is possible to be

My baby daughter's are just the same.

The only problem I think I will have in the future is when both of them tampo me
    Doomed, I say.....doomed

Thread Information