Quote Originally Posted by uhera_maya18 View Post
good day to all! my husband is from Belfast and we got married last September 2010. he wants to stay here longer so we both wanted to apply the permanent residence rather than extending which is too costly. the BI replied to my email giving me the 6 requirements. it looks easy to apply but is there any catch? b4 the requirements involve that bank account and properties of his should be presented. but now its not included. he no longer works since he is staying here coz we are preparing for the permanent residence application. the 1st requirement is that the filipino spouse provide a notarized letter, but i dunno what to put on that letter. is it a letter just convincing them like a normal love letter format? or something else? since he is the one living here, do i still need to let them know how much im making and stuff? i dont have work yet but planning to go back to my last employer but food and shelter, we have that under my moms roof. but money, we still have but of course its not gonna last, thats why this march im going to apply for work. i can convince that i can support him here and with me start working again, there wont be a problem. then he will look for a job of course when he is approved with the permanent residence. need help thanks!
Hello Uhera!! welcome here!

These are the documents to apply for a 13(a) visa:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...d=22&Itemid=37

* He contracted a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.

* The marriage is recognized as valid under existing Philippine laws.

* There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.

* He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease.

* He has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.

* He was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.

NOTE: This visa is only available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.

How can I apply for 13 (a) visa?

Ask for an application form (Form number RBR 98-01) from the Public Assistance Unit of the Office of the Commissioner Window One (1) or from the Makati Extension Office and accomplish the form properly. If you will be accompanied by your unmarried minor children they must fill up a separate form.

All documents to support your application must be properly certified as true copy. Sworn statements or affidavits should be notarized.

Foreign documents must be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate at the place where they are issued.

You may submit the duly accomplished application form with the supporting documents to window (1) located at the ground floor of the main building of the Bureau of Immigration or to the Makati Extension Office.

NOTE: Filing fee should first be paid before an application is filed.

***Yes it is not too costly to apply for 13(a) visa but the process is too long and tiresome,you need to provide documents supporting your documents above like ..NBI ,Barangay clearance,a statement to prove that both you are living together as husband and wife(accommodation),health clearance like chest Xray , all the affidavits to prove that your husband has the capacity to support you financially and these affidavits should all be notarized or certified by a solicitor.
after the applicant submitted all the documents ,the partner who is a filipino citizen may be called for an interview to determine if she really agree for his/her alien spouse to stay as a resident..and wait for another more weeks for the decision or approval from the Bureau of Commissioners. ***