Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today Has Been A Bad Day

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    smash his face in when you see him terpe just kidding , seems you are getting lots of advice here , just goes to show a lot of people arnt who we think they are , keep smilling
    Thanks Steve. I've been lucky and received lots of support and good advice, all of which I have acted upon. Well...I'm
    still trying to sort out the best way to get credit reports. It seems there are three different companies to contact.

I do tend to take people at face value too much. I know it can be seen as a weakness, but I don't want to lose my trust in people and my belief in my own judgements. I'm sure to be a little more careful next time.

But it's so true what you say. You can never be really sure who people 'really' are.
    I feel that to be even more so true when, like us, we have say Filipino wives and partners. We tend to meet up with so many people and couples just because of our commonalities. You know, parties and get-togethers etc. We form different levels of friendships but without knowing exactly what's behind them.

Anyway, I going to remain positive.
    I still had nearly £30 left from the postage money that I was given, Yesterday I handed it over to our local homeless
    centre, just could not believe how thankful they were.
    We all need to share our blessings when we can

By the way it's now snowing here in the Northampton area. Bahhhh!

we cannot change who we are terpe, we do take people at face value, i do too, but we still have to be carefull, i am a great beleiver in what goes round comes round and yes once we have been hurt from that person , his friendship is lost and we move on, i cannot and will not put anything on friends even people i dont know, it takes some sort of low life to do that, until you see people with nothing you dont realize that how grateful they are , there are people everywhere that needs help , watching the secrete millionair on tv makes me think if its not for the people that have nothing but give all there time to others for nothing , well they are the ones that should be blessed, anyway me and emma have been out throwing snowballs at each other, and she loves it and to tell you the truth also i have a playmate to share all the things i have missed, roll on more snow

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    When I was a police officer I tended to be very wary of people and probably did not trust many. When I retired and came to live in Spain I decided to be different. Now I tend to trust most people and so far I have not been let down. For me it was a good change to make. Although having said that one should not be stupid.

Thanks for sharing this to us Terp, this will be valuable to everyone in the forum who might have the same dilemma in the future. This will also serve as lesson learned to all of us.

Don't worry Terpe, I'm sure you will be alright since it isn't you who is in debt. Rest assured that things will be alright. Keep your spirits up always.
    Life as we make it

Thanks purple.
    Keep your spirits up too.

I can't answer your question as to why your friend did this to you. I strongly advise you to write to the company again stating that you are not responsible for this person's debts. State that you have been illegally harassed for money you do not owe (telling you you will have to prove the goods are yours is definitely harassment) and tell them that if they persist in their actions, you will sue them for compensation for the distress they are causing you. Also state that you want to know if they have blacklisted your postcode so that you can record the true facts. That should do the trick.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    State that you have been illegally harassed for money you do not owe and tell them that if they persist in their actions, you will sue them for compensation for the distress they are causing you. That should do the trick.
    Sorry English Rose, but I think that is rather a naive stand point.
    Any 'ordinary person' making such a suggestion to me would leave me laughing. That kind of legal action would be extremely expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information