Thread: visit visa, unmarried partner visa or fiancee? which one. ..

visit visa, unmarried partner visa or fiancee? which one. ..

hi everyone! this is chel. it's been awhile since i last posted a message here x

i'm on a dillemma, well, i think i really am!

i just came back from the UK as a student visa last 25th of october. my boyfriend, then visits me here for a good 10 days in november just to meet my parents/family and have a first taste of what manila /philippines will be like for a foreigner who never visited the place ever. it turned out well, and he planned to come back for more next year

we have been together for about 10 months now and being separated ( me, living here in manila, and him, he's back to uk!) for a few days now, made us contemplate about how to get each others back together, of course in a legal and tedious way i suppose. we miss each other so much!

and being fully aware of the UK's immigration control, i am having a hard time coming back by means of using my career as a nurse.

we were contemplating of applying for a tourist'visitor's visa first, just for our relationship to keep it standing so that when we finally thought of applying a settlement visa later on, it will be one of the evidence that we can show the eco. my problem is, i just came back from the UK, i was worrying about that i don't have a job yet here in manila that i could use to convince the eco that i will come back after visit visa expires. ..i feel so down!

i don't think we are qualified yet for unmarried visa since we haven't been together for 2 years, in my understanding. we want to register for unmarried partnership later on.although this option is good for the both of us. please enlighten me about that.

and for fiancee? he told me, marriage can wait and we are not yet ready to take the plunge though we love each other that much. i believe, if i will apply for a visit visa/fiancee entry clearance, we need to register for marriage within 6 months, is there a chance to register for unmarried instead of marriage? though i sound so stupid about the matter, i just can't think of a possible way for us to be together, it's leaving us confuse and devastated.

honestly, i don't wanna lose my grip for i love him so much, but with all these application process and stuff, i hope we can still continue our relationship.

i'm looking forward for your advised. i really need help! thanks to u all for reading. should u have any questions or clarifications about our love story, u may do so.

cheers.

Derbyprincess
    For sure a long distance relationship is a challenge to manage.

The unmarried partner visa has a requirement that you have both been living together as if you were married for at least two years.

The Fiance visa is valid for 6 months during which time you should get married, then apply for FLR. If there are good reasons why the marriage did not take place during the 6 months it may sometimes be possible to have extension. But the reasons do need to be compelling.

cheers Terpe. I appreciate what u have said..

indeed, it's going to be more than sailing in the ocean, for having a long distance relationship.

both hoping we could make it and come up with a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyprincess View Post
    cheers Terpe. I appreciate what u have said..

indeed, it's going to be more than sailing in the ocean, for having a long distance relationship.

both hoping we could make it and come up with a good decision.
    As you already said the tourist visa is rather difficult also unless you can show good evidence of stong ties to your home country which demonstrates your intention to return home.

Mostly it's going to come down to visits by your b/f to Phils. I know it's expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As you already said the tourist visa is rather difficult also unless you can show good evidence of stong ties to your home country which demonstrates your intention to return home.

Mostly it's going to come down to visits by your b/f to Phils. I know it's expensive!
    oh yeah.definitely, it's that expensive! sigh. and he has to apply for holidays from his work as well.
    which i reckon will be a minor problem.

by the way, i knew for a fact that the strong ties in my home country u were referring to such as assets like owned properties under my name ( which again is a major problem since i'm still living with my parents), bank account under my name, i don't have one for i wasn't working here for 4 years now! i used to work overseas before the UK. ..sigh. ..

visit visa or student visa is your only option if you dont intend to marry soon
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    visit visa or student visa is your only option if you dont intend to marry soon
    cheers! we were talking about it and weighing all the options so we will not be disappointed in the end. ..

Trusted Member
    Having your b/f visit you in the Phils regularly will probably be the best test of your relationship.

Then you will be in a good and sensible position to judge whether your future should be spent together permanently, and Spouse/Fiancee visa applied for (and more likely to be granted).

If he truly thinks you're worth the effort, he'll find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Having your b/f visit you in the Phils regularly will probably be the best test of your relationship.

Then you will be in a good and sensible position to judge whether your future should be spent together permanently, and Spouse/Fiancee visa applied for (and more likely to be granted).

If he truly thinks you're worth the effort, he'll find a way.
    very well mr. graham. thanks for the thought. eventually, something will happen i hope, he doesn't want me to go somewhere else he said. he wants me to wait for the basic stuffs like getting my passport renewed, and take my ielts, and from there, we will start to think of the next move. that's what he told me.

Trusted Member
    I wish you both the best of luck, and I hope your patience is rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I wish you both the best of luck, and I hope your patience is rewarded.
    cheers!

Thread Information