Thread: Settlement Visa, needed urgent advice?

Question Settlement Visa, needed urgent advice?

Hello Everyone,

I have some query here. I have been spending sleepless nights worried on what to do.

This is my circumstance: I have been to the UK twice already. I had family visit visas during the two visits. My first visit was early 2007 and spent like 3 months and been back in the Phil mid of the same year. My second visit was August 2008 and spent like 5 months and been back to the Phil Jan 2009. I met a guy from there and I was already in a relationship with him when I came home from the UK. The following month, that was Feb 2009, I applied for a visa to go back to the UK as my sis was struggling with her divorce and needed me at that time. Unluckily, I was refused with the visa. They were really looking into my travel history. On my first application, I told them just to be in the UK for two months, but then stayed for 3 months and so as my last visit, told them again, to be there for only 3 months but stayed longer for about 5 months. I wasn't really telling a lie when I filled up the application, only that it was beyond my control when i was there that something always came up. I tried to lodge an appeal at that time, but it took me so long to wait for the appeal to be processed. So by Oct of the 2009, I tried to apply for a family visa again, and again they refused me. Their reason was that I don't have any house titles or asset here in the Phil even though I had enough money in the bank. I think they were just being so picky as I have refusals already. After that, I was hopeless to apply for any visa again as it is getting complicated on my part as I have been refused twice already. Even though I have a boyfriend from there who was also one of my reasons to be back in the UK apart from my sis' divorce. Which I also forgot to mention to the application that I will be visiting my boyfriend from there. I just hang on and just talked online with him instead.

My boyfriend from there who is my husband now came here and we got engage last Feb. After months of being engage, he was here again for our wedding with his whole family and friends. Now, here comes my queries:

1. Will I tell the Immigration that I have met him a long time ago when I was still in the UK?

2. Do I really need to submit the chat logs and emails we have from before when i was still in the UK and before I filed my last visa application which I forgot to tell them about him.

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

mastergidd

Hi,

It is essential that you submit chat logs with your husband to prove that your relationship is ongoing whilst you were apart. It will help the ECO assess your application.

It should also need to be mentioned on his letter of sponsorship on how you met. You may also put the details if you wish.

Submit the necessary original documents and photocopy them like i.e., bank statements, mortgage statements, money transfers, birth and marriage certificates.

Use the search button here and it should help.

Good luck for your application.
    Life as we make it

Thanks for the comment purple.

What concerns me is my applications from before which I forgot to mention to the ECO that I have a boyfriend from there who is my husband now.

I found a post from before similar to my circumstance but I couldn't find it now.

Thanks purple for the information. It is indeed a great help.

Cheers x

That should not concerned you... I did apply for visit visas before and appealed on the second refused application but the waiting is so long so we decided to apply for spouse visa.

Every application gets it's own merit.. so your old application got nothing to do with the new one.

As long as husband can show that he can support "with no recourse to public funds" is what the ECO's concern for settlements.

Rest assured your settlement application will be fine.

PS- just got the call from UK embassy asking to email them and withdraw the appeal... (sigh) since I got the spouse visa already which took them over 3 weeks to decide.
    Life as we make it

That's a relief.

Thanks a lot purple.

By the way purple, let me ask you.

Who was your sponsor when you applied for the visit visas? Was it your husband now? If so. Good thing for you as you disclosed the relationship you had. In my part, it was my sister who was my sponsor and haven't mentioned anything about my husband.

Sorry forgot to congratulate you.

You made a good job!

Cheers! x

Yes, my bf then now my husband who was my sponsor.
    It is important to let the ECO know if you've been refused visa before and explain it in your letter to ECO as weel.

Thanks mastergidd and good luck with your application.
    Life as we make it

Red face Asking for more advices here, pls. xx

Quote Originally Posted by mastergidd View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have some query here. I have been spending sleepless nights worried on what to do.

This is my circumstance: I have been to the UK twice already. I had family visit visas during the two visits. My first visit was early 2007 and spent like 3 months and been back in the Phil mid of the same year. My second visit was August 2008 and spent like 5 months and been back to the Phil Jan 2009. I met a guy from there and I was already in a relationship with him when I came home from the UK. The following month, that was Feb 2009, I applied for a visa to go back to the UK as my sis was struggling with her divorce and needed me at that time. Unluckily, I was refused with the visa. They were really looking into my travel history. On my first application, I told them just to be in the UK for two months, but then stayed for 3 months and so as my last visit, told them again, to be there for only 3 months but stayed longer for about 5 months. I wasn't really telling a lie when I filled up the application, only that it was beyond my control when i was there that something always came up. I tried to lodge an appeal at that time, but it took me so long to wait for the appeal to be processed. So by Oct of the 2009, I tried to apply for a family visa again, and again they refused me. Their reason was that I don't have any house titles or asset here in the Phil even though I had enough money in the bank. I think they were just being so picky as I have refusals already. After that, I was hopeless to apply for any visa again as it is getting complicated on my part as I have been refused twice already. Even though I have a boyfriend from there who was also one of my reasons to be back in the UK apart from my sis' divorce. Which I also forgot to mention to the application that I will be visiting my boyfriend from there. I just hang on and just talked online with him instead.

My boyfriend from there who is my husband now came here and we got engage last Feb. After months of being engage, he was here again for our wedding with his whole family and friends. Now, here comes my queries:

1. Will I tell the Immigration that I have met him a long time ago when I was still in the UK?

2. Do I really need to submit the chat logs and emails we have from before when i was still in the UK and before I filed my last visa application which I forgot to tell them about him.

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

mastergidd
    Asking for more advices, pls. Thanks a lot. xxx

hello mastergridd
    It is important to know what visa you want to apply...is it spouse visa or family visit visa?in which your husband wil be your sponsor going to uk.what is the nationality of your husband?and what visa does your husband hold?
    your previous application will not affect your new application provided you give the vfs genuine documents.
    the list of documents is in this link if u plan to apply for settlement/spouse visa
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/spouse.aspx

goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

hello mastergridd,

I agree with sars_notd_virus.

Yes you may tell them about your previous visits as they will find the records anyways. But the spousal visa is different from your previous application.

Yes. Chats, emails, photos together, telephone bills, evidence of living together, marriage contract, birth certificate (both) etc...is needed for the spousal visa application. Even bank statements. Have all important documents ready (original) as they may ask for more evidence. In the application form or the website that sars_notd_virus, all requirements and what to do is there. Even questions like where & when did you meet your husband is there in the form. When you fill up the dated form & paid the visa fee, phone the call centre right away for appointment. Always check the requirements carefully. Should all docs are genuine, everything will be alright.

I was engaged last March 2006. Married last March 2008. Paid and booked appointment after all the papers are ready. Lodged my application first week of April. Appearance & biometrics is needed & got my Settlement/ Spousal visa (multiple entry) last July 31 & arrived in the UK last Aug 2008.

Keep on checking the website http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/ for the updates.

Wishing u goodluck with your application.

x

Thread Information