Thread: Billy Burton..............

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I normally wouldn't make any comment.
    Maybe it's just the wrong timing.
    More likely it's down to the still painful memories I have of the death of my younger brother and his downward spiral when his life was hopelessly and irreversibly
    ruined by drugs.

Of course my brother had choices. Just as anyone involved with drugs has choices.

Concerning this thread, I feel that there a quite a number of issues.

SE Asia is certainly not a place to involve yourself with drugs. Everyone knows that.
    He was caught out and treated exactly the same as any of us would have been.
    The quantity he was handling was hardly personal use. He knew the risks and made a gamble.
    Would anyone have any sympathy if it were a rapist or paedophile handed out the same treatment?
    How would we react if non-British nationals questioned sentences given to them by British courts because they are much stricter than their own country, or that their own judiciary operates differently?
    Having said that, changing laws and applying them retrospectively is really a tough deal.
    The UK government often puts pressure on other countries for clemency where it is felt to be warranted.

Maybe I'm harsh in my response, but that's the way feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    More likely it's down to the still painful memories I have of the death of my younger brother and his downward spiral when his life was hopelessly and irreversibly
    ruined by drugs.

Of course my brother had choices. Just as anyone involved with drugs has choices.
    it happened to my younger brother, it took 20yrs for drugs to finally kill him and destroyed my family in that time, even thou he's been dead more than 3 yrs the aftermath still continues to this day

sure he had a choice, just like anyone who took their first cig, drink or bet and became addicted, for some people they only had to take it a few times to become addicted
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information