Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello

I have just found this forum and was looking for some advice on a girl I like.

We met on the Internet and started chatting everyday. Whenever she said she would be online she was online, come rain, sunshine and even illness.

Some days she would work long hours and still be online to talk. Now I am sceptical and have read lots on the internet about scamming and had a few freinds scammed so have been over cautious.

We chatted and got on well, using skype etc to talk and webcam.

I never sent any money and she has never ever asked me for money. She goes to church every Sunday without fail.

I decided to test her and sent some money so she could buy some chickens to grow and sell. It wasnt enough for me to worry about in the UK. To cut a long story short she sent me pictures of the chickens, and pictures of the reciepts so I could read them.

I decided to visit her in Tagum . It ment she went on the Internet and I wasnt there but she didnt get angry.

I met her at her house and met her parents and the family. It was none of this meeting her on her own. The first day she cooked for me and the family dinner so we all sat down together.

After spening some days with her and her family, I asked her Dad if I could go on a day trip with her. He said fine and we went on the trip with a chaperone. They turned up wearing ankle length trousers and long sleeved tops. Nothing sexy or slutty.

She has never asked me for money, and I am sure is geunine and hoenst. Even her family were paranoid about being called money grabbers they looked after my wallet another test and when I got it back everything was in order.

I later learned that I was the first man to take their daughter out on a date.

Just some ideas and thoughts please, I believe she is genuine and honest and has passed all my tests so far.

But you can never be to carefull, I know soon that we will be togther. Is there anything glaring that I have missed need to check out.

My friend who has travelled round Thailand extensively and met many scammers says I have nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Nigel

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Nigel and welcome to the forum. Well you've done all the basic tests you could think of and she passed in all of it. So why not enjoy the moment of being with her and having a wonderful relationship. Lighten up and this girl is definitely not a scammer in my view.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum
    You're wise to be cautious and to have tested your girl, but don't get paranoid about stories of Filipina scammers. Most Filipina's are genuine, loyal and loving. I think you've found yourself a good one there, hang in there

Welcome Nigel to the Forum....

Dont get over paranoid about being scammed in Phils.. it can happen any where in the world

cheers guys, I feel so fortunate to find her.

In my heart I know she is genuine but it never hurts to get another view on it.

Time to enjoy the relationship and grown together.

Lottery win, pah would rather have this.

Thankyou for your advice and views.

Dosen't sound like you have anything to worry about to me...Just enjoy it & let things develop.
    You could read the archives of this forum, for horror stories?

Good luck, but post any other questions you may have, there's a wealth of experience here & others in your position, will be interested to read them.

wow to many test for me there Nigel, but do what you think, its hard to think that you are falling for someone you meet over the internet and its working out great, but beleive me it happens look at many off us on here, chill out and enjoy your time with her and just see where it takes you, just remember fillipinos are very very loving and they are very quick to say i love you, if you are the man for her and she is for you , you wil have a great life, good luck

Hello

Hello

Thought it would be rude to put a thread in the relationship section without putting a thread here.

Hi

I am Nigel, 33 years old and live in Worthing West Sussex.

Travelled so far to Manila. Puerto Princesa, Davoa, Tagum and Tagatay.

Have some filipno friends in Worthing, and regulalry attend the filipino festival held here.

Cheers

Nigel

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum Nigel, sounds like you've already seen a fair bit of the Phil's, I'm off to Puerto Princesa myself next week, any tips on what to see would be appreciated

Follow your own instincts, Nigel ... but from what you tell us here, I shouldn't think you've anything to worry about with this girl and/or her family.

to the filipino/uk forum ... and ensure the time you and she have together is well spent!!

Welcome Nigel,

Sounds like your girl might be the real mc'coy. Just take it steady, and as things progress you will know 100% in your heart.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Hi Nigel, welcome to the forum.
    Good luck with the relationship.
    All sounds fine.
    Be sure to treat her right.

Respected Member
    Hi Nigel,

Bon chance to you in a new found relationship with a Filipina. Its just right to be cautious of some things that are new to you and especially coming over to the Philippines to meet the person. We always want to see genuine people on the net. And now you see her, take your time to get to know the person. There always a chance to know more that person.Love takes time...All the best for you...

Ann

hello Nigel welcome Aboard!!
    I dont think its right to test a girl to trust her..i hope he doesn't test you back in the future lol..
    anyway, true love comes naturally just enjoy each other everyday!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

thankyou for the warm welcome, and agree on some of the test comments.

The plan is to eventually bring her to Worthing to be with me.

Thankfully Worthing has a large filippino community with the festival, pinoy market, and the hospital.

all sounds good nigel to me,hopefully you will settle into a regular system with her and if you are going to support her do it with your hearts blessings and your own contentment

jay an zel

Banned
    Just be aware you are from different cultures. You might grow to understand the linear function of hers, but it's doubtful she will ever understand yours.

Lights blue touch paper...

Hi Nigel.. you are the second man I know from Worthing who is fortunate to be with an honest filipina.. that first man is my husband

You are lucky to have found a genuine lady.. most filipinas are honest, loving and loyal.

Make sure that both of your feelings are genuine.. it is important key in relationship.

Enjoy and don't get paranoid... and can I be friends with your gf if you are planning to take her to Worthing? As I am flying back with my husband in 3 weeks.
    Life as we make it

Hi Purple,

of course you can be friends, the more the merrier everybody is included.

The friend I travelled with is also looking for a filipina women and he lives in Worthing.

Purple have you been to Worthing before ?

Quote Originally Posted by worthingmale View Post
    Purple have you been to Worthing before ?
    Hi Nigel,

I have not been to Worthing before.. it is a place which my husband would say the part of England to cheer me up. But will be my first time this coming January.

Wow that will be really nice. I could have some friends in Worthing before I get there.
    Life as we make it

Purple

There is a filipino shop called pinoy mart

http://www.pinoymart.co.uk/

a good place to make friends and every year there is a big barrio festival organised by the Worthing filipino community.

Some contact names and numbers for you hope they are still uptodate eleonardia@hotmail.com or ask at the shop and they will help you.

You can get filipino television and there is a large number of filipinos as many are employed at the Hospital about 250 I read somewhere.

If you need any help just ask :-) Oh and if you are on facebook you can start chatting to some Worthing filipinos from the following link if it is allowed

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinoym...8296287?v=wall

hello nigel, im also new here nice to meet you and merry christmas!

hi nigel
    i think you're one of the lucky guys here who have met an honest and genuine filipina...
    keep nurturing your relationship and stay happy

Quote Originally Posted by worthingmale View Post
    Purple

There is a filipino shop called pinoy mart

http://www.pinoymart.co.uk/

a good place to make friends and every year there is a big barrio festival organised by the Worthing filipino community.

Some contact names and numbers for you hope they are still uptodate eleonardia@hotmail.com or ask at the shop and they will help you.

You can get filipino television and there is a large number of filipinos as many are employed at the Hospital about 250 I read somewhere.

If you need any help just ask :-) Oh and if you are on facebook you can start chatting to some Worthing filipinos from the following link if it is allowed

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinoym...8296287?v=wall
    Hi Nigel,

Thank you so much for the link.
    This is very helpful.

My husband told me that there is filipino shop in the UK. That thrills me, I like barrio fiesta celebrations.
    Life as we make it

Thread Information