This forum is a great resource. Take some time a search, there's plenty of good info to be found.

On the issues of getting to Philippines, visa', visa extensions and long term staying:-

Please take some time to visit the links, I'm sure they will provide useful info for you.

When you travel to the Philippines from UK you get a free 21 day visa at arrival immigration.
When you arrive you must have an ongoing ticket to either your orgininating country or another country. Lots of people use what is called a cheap "throw away" ticket.

If you want to stay longer than 21 days you can get a 38 day extension (21days + 38days = 59days) at an immigration office in the Phils.
Better to do this at least one week before your visa expiration.
I have seen on this forum that some members state that it's possible to purchase the extension at arrival at the airport. But I have no experience of this. Nor how much it would cost.

If it was me, I would get the 59 day visa from the Phils Embassy/Consulate in UK before you leave.
This could be a money saver as the cost is only about £22 (I think the 38 day extension is about £50 in Phils)

If you have all your ducks lined up with your paperwork etc, you should have no problems getting married within the 59 days.
You may need to check the latest info for paperwork needed but in principle

Your Birth certificate

Certificate of No Impediment to Marry from local registry office. Then present these documents to his Embassy/Consulate in the Philippines to be issued a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry. This certificate is needed for the application of a marriage license.
BTW some forum members are now reporting that they were also required to obtain a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from NSO (National Statistics Office) so you might need to do thid as well.

Apply for the marriage license in your fiancée's home town at the registry office. (or locality of where marriage will take place)
After you apply for the license there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period while the marriage banns are published

Sometimes (sometimes depending on your ages) you might also be requested to attend counseling sessions prior to being allowed to be married.

Anyway there's no reason why you can't accomplish all this in less than 30 days

Staying on beyond the 59 days requires you to extend your visa in two month increments at any immigration office up to 16 months. Beyond that, further extensions require approval by the main office in Manila. This can continue up to a total of another 8 months (4X two month extensions). Eventually you will have reached 24 months in Phils.
At that point you must then leave the country. Although you can return immediately to start another 24 month process.

Look here for fees of all the above:-

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...=282&Itemid=43

You will notice that after 59 days extension you need the Alien Certificate of Registration.
This is now the ACR I-Card and is a microchip-based credit card-sized identification card issued to registered aliens replacing the paper-based ACR.
It has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically.
It is fraud and tamper-proof/resistant with the following data:

1.Personal information such as name, age, date of birth, place of birth, etc.
2.Photograph
3.Date and status of admission
4.Visa type granted/date granted/date issued/expiry date
5.Biometric information (2 digitalized fingerprint templates)
6.Signature
7.ACR and ICR/NBCR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS and CRPE numbers
8.Travel details
9.Payment of immigration fees details

The ACR I-Card serves as the Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC),
Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) of the holder upon payment of the required fees.

Your other long stay options are the 13a visa (PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION VISA) and the SMILE, (was SRRV-Special Resident Retiree's Visa)

PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION VISA (13a visa)
Non-Quota Philippine Immigration Visa (Section 13(a) of the Philippine Immigration Act)

Info and application form here:-
http://philembassy-uk.org/visaform3.pdf

But I have seen in posts on this forum that it is much easier and simpler to apply and obtain this visa from within Philippines. However it may help you to understand just what is needed if you take a look here:-

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...d=26&Itemid=35

All documents to support your application must be properly certified as true copy.
Sworn statements or affidavits should be notarized.
Foreign documents must be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate at the place where they are issued.

This visa is only available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.
This non-quota immigrant visa is a one-year multiple entry visa which should be renewed in the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years.
On the fourth year (3rd renewal), the applicant may apply for permanent residency in the Philippines.

SMILE (previously known as Special Resident Retiree's Visa)

For all details on this look here:-
http://www.pra.gov.ph./main/srrv_program?page=1

To be perfectly honest I have never known or known of anyone who ever took this up. Also, I admit I have never really studied or researched if there are any cost/value benefits.

Finally, don't forget that UK has a Double Taxation Agreement with Philippines so your pensions (incl state pension) could be agreed for taxation purposes to be taxed in Philippines rather than UK. Since the Philippines has a tax rate of zero on pensions, means your pensions will be tax free. (This agreement does not apply to government pensions such as civil service and most other public sector)

Hope this helps