Thread: Marrying and living in the Phils

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Medical ? is this a requirment to be able to live in philipines ?and is it done here or in philipines ?
    No its not a requirement..You can live here for up to 2 years on tourist visas..(leave the country for a day,come back and start over) To acquire a 13a the most important requirement is to be married to a Filipino citizen..You can apply in the UK or over here although better to apply in the UK.
    There are another options for long term stay for those that are not married.. Google search 13b quota visa and SRRV which is a retirement visa for more info..
    Obviously..If you are married and you enter the country with your spouse you can avail of the balikbayan stamp which allows you to stay for one year..Good thing is..Its free.
    Cheers,
    Fred.

thanks fred, the 13 a is the married visa i take it?. i intend to marry my philipino gf and stay in philipines, only come back to uk if i have health probs ect, i only get 1 year visa if i marry her there, do i at some point get citizenship and no longer require visa?
    so at the moment im concentrating on what i require to marry there and stay, originaly i was going to sell my house after the 1st year, but with all the good advice iv had here,and from brenda my gf too, its now my plan to keep it for much longer and rent it,

thanks again, stewart

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    No its not a requirement..You can live here for up to 2 years on tourist visas..(leave the country for a day,come back and start over) To acquire a 13a the most important requirement is to be married to a Filipino citizen..You can apply in the UK or over here although better to apply in the UK.
    There are another options for long term stay for those that are not married.. Google search 13b quota visa and SRRV which is a retirement visa for more info..
    Obviously..If you are married and you enter the country with your spouse you can avail of the balikbayan stamp which allows you to stay for one year..Good thing is..Its free.
    Cheers,
    Fred.
    sorry, im still dont understand about why and in what circumstances a medical is required,?can anyone clear that up for me ,thanks

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    sorry, im still dont understand about why and in what circumstances a medical is required,?can anyone clear that up for me ,thanks
    Last I heard you need an AIDS test for some resident-type visas.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    From what you said before I assumed you wanted a residency permit after you got married in R.P??
    When I applied for mine there was a medical involved.. Some people that have applied in R.P since have said the rules have changed in regards medical requirements..
    I have no idea.. Good news if its true!

Last I heard you need an AIDS test for some resident-type visas.
    Not true.

thanks fred

Thread Information