Quote Originally Posted by uhera_maya18 View Post
hi! we have the same situation.. i met my husband on the internet and after 10 months of talking on cams, calls, texts.. we decided to get married on our 1st meeting. im 28 and he is 25. we both took a risk on getting married not seeing each other 1st. i understand what the others are telling u not to rush but on our case, we rushed and here we are happy ^_^ now my husband wants to live here and we are also planning to apply the permanent residence just need to sort all whats on their checklist and our problem is what to write on the notarized letter. we have the NSO marriage cert and others just not the letter by me and the BI Clearance.

Reading your concern, after you apply for permanent residence after the probation, in 5 years you can apply for citizenship. i say applying for permanent residence is cheaper than applying for extensions, we did that last year b4 he went back to Belfast on December it was expensive for us because we have to go back just to extend. He came back this January because we both cant move on with our lives living separately so he decided to live here.

As of writing this, my husband is beside me. He is saying that he took a big risk coming here, giving up what he has back in Belfast to be here. Well you can say its somewhat exciting but its really up to you. we got married not because we are rushing but because of love. now if you really really feel love, nothing will stop you both from getting married ^_^

anyway i also need help on what to write on the application letter coz the 1st requirement for permanent residence is a "a duly notarized letter of filipino spouse" need help there. thanks!!! oh and goodluck keith. i would suggest that you get your certificate of legal capacity to get married there and not here in the philippines. once you have the legal capacity from your local hall, just present it in british embassy, will only take 1 day for u to get it.
interesting he didnt have to go back to Ireland though he could have popped over to hong kong came back the next day and started again I never met a european who bacame a Philipine citizen that would be a first