It was truely tragic what happened. We see it happen in movies every night on tv but we know it is not real. Seeing your precious loved one, who ever it may be struggling for life, or already passed away is a horror we can never mentally forget. I myself have seen people killed in real life, I have been witness to terrorist bombings, air crashes and road accidents, the sight never leaves you.

Jess, you say that the images of your Dad when you think of him now are of how he was left lying on the floor, I cannot imagine how I would feel faced with that... but... for the close, loved ones who have left my life, I always try to remember a smile on their face, an happy moment together, remember them calling my name, something that I can remember that makes me smile too. I know it is a huge wall for you to climb to get to that point where you see the happy moments first, but with time you will get there. Now you have a lovely child, you can tell them just what a wonderful person their Grandfather was with a smile in your heart. Stay strong, take care.