Thread: Any idea????????

Any idea????????

Hi guys its me again i just want to ask what is the next step after i apply for ILR with KOL certificate.I have no idea whats next. is that the neutralization? or residency? and how many years is that? Please give an idea for the future so at least then i will know step by step of what i need to do. Im on the settlement visa right now i will be applying for ILR on 2012. So i just want to ask whats next?

I will be really thankful for any idea that you will share to me THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by belle29 View Post
    Hi guys its me again i just want to ask what is the next step after i apply for ILR with KOL certificate.I have no idea whats next. is that the neutralization? or residency? and how many years is that? Please give an idea for the future so at least then i will know step by step of what i need to do. Im on the settlement visa right now i will be applying for ILR on 2012. So i just want to ask whats next?

I will be really thankful for any idea that you will share to me THANK YOU
    Belle,
    As I explained to you before. From the visa and endorsement (KOL req) you have explained as being granted, you only need to study and pass the Life In UK Test and then you can immediately apply for ILR. Means if you pass the Life in UK test in February 2011 then you can apply for ILR in February 2011
    You do not need to wait any longer than that.
    Now, after 12 months of being granted ILR and provided you comply with requirements you will be able to apply for British Naturalisation. You just need to attend a Citizenship
    Ceremony and you will then receive your British Naturalisation Certificate.
    When you have your British Naturalisation Certificate you are able to apply you British passport if you wish.

Also, when you have your British Naturalisation Certificate, you can attend an oath taking ceremony at the Philippine Embassy in London to re-aquire your Philippine Citizenship and become a dual citizen ( British and Philippines)

All this information is available on UKBA website and Phil Embassy website.
    Please do take time NOW to read the requirements. Some of the requirements need documents that begin NOW

Hope it helps

Hi Terpe why I can apply for ILR soon after i pass the KOL? Is that mean because that special endorsement attach in my Visa? Is that because we been living outside the UK for 4 years and more and that were married 5 years now?
    And also another question if you dont mind the requirment they need for applying ILR is 6 papers or document like bdifferent billings right and Bank statement etc. well all our billing in here is on my husband name the only thing that in our name together is our bank account in the philippines. I know that they don't accept xerox or print copy. What do you think the best way for us to do about that matter? Im sure the stamp in our passport will prove them enough that i'm not been out the Uk for 2 years. How can i prove to them that were still together in the 2 years time of my permission to stay with spouse visa?

Thank you very much Terpe! You been really helpfull to us

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Belle,

Now, after 12 months of being granted ILR and provided you comply with requirements you will be able to apply for British Naturalisation.
    one condition being

He/she was in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the three-year period that ended on the date the application is received
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Yes Joe you are quite correct. I forgot about that.

If the applicant is married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen it is a legal requirement that before applying for Naturalisation they have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.

thanks guys for the information now i know what do next cheers

Thread Information