Thread: Nanay's coming - help!!

Nanay's coming - help!!

Hi guys

Quick questions please.

Pia and I plan to have nanay come over round about last week in June. The timing is pretty important as the plan is to have her arrival coincide with a happy event

The questions are around the following:

Has anyone any recent experience of bring a relative over who is not working, so therefore will struggle to perhaps prove there is a necessity to return home at the end of the granted VISA period (hopefully 6 months)?

Any thoughts on the associated timelines?

Cheers for your help!

T
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Haven't - so far - had experience of bringing any of Myrna's relatives over from the Phils, Toks ... but Joe could well be the person to advise you on this. However, we're both delighted to learn about the forthcoming addition to your family. Heartiest Congratulations to you and Pia, my friend.

Thanks for your kind response Arthur and also for the congrats. We are behind 2 of our close forumers who are also expecting Another Marikit At least in the last 2 weeks she has begun eating regularly - finally. Believe it or not I almost have to stop her sometimes as she can really pack food away now. Funny thing is that i was exactly the same at her age. If she'd sleep through the night that would be wonderful.

Hope all is well with you Myrna; please greet her for us!

If i can work out how to do it i will post videos of Marikit singing and dancingto Poker Face and Fireworks. I'm told she gets it from me

toks

appy for a family visit visa, your going to sponsor her i take it

something like this should help

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

My Mrs applied for a visa for her mum that was also not working..
    We had no problems whatsoever..She stayed with us for 6 months.

We have had most of my wife`s family to visit over the years, her Mum twice, her Dad,sister,2 brothers and I can only say there may have been an element of luck in the applications. Only once was her brother initially refused but we appealed and the visa was granted, he was 19 at the time. At the same time I sent a letter of invitation for the visit I would send a copy to the embassy with a covering letter, not sure if it was any help but the success rate was pretty good. Everything else was in place, such as good bank accounts, plenty of room for accommodation, and getting prepared for the interview.

Its been about 3 years since the last visit so not sure the procedure is the same.

The flip side is that I had a good reputation with Dee`s Aunts and cousins who live over here and they asked me to help with an application for the Aunts sister (another of Dee`s Aunts) who had been refused a visa. She made another application and I was in Manila and went with her for an appointment with someone who I thought was the Consul, but may have been the manager of the section, at the Embassy. That was when you had to get a lift up to the visa applications floor. I spoke on her behalf, explained that she had to return to the Philippines as her elderly Mother relied on her, and was assured that the visa would be granted ,no problem. Everyone was celebrating, went back to Angeles and had party and I was the bees knees.
    We returned home and 2 weeks later came the news that her visa had again been refused as they thought she intended to stay. As I say it can be pure luck sometimes.
    She eventually got here for her nieces wedding last year but they used a lawyer. Never been asked to help since.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    toks

appy for a family visit visa, your going to sponsor her i take it

something like this should help

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    Thank you amigo. Very helpful as always.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    My Mrs applied for a visa for her mum that was also not working..
    We had no problems whatsoever..She stayed with us for 6 months.
    Thanks for the confidence booster mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    We have had most of my wife`s family to visit over the years, her Mum twice, her Dad,sister,2 brothers and I can only say there may have been an element of luck in the applications. Only once was her brother initially refused but we appealed and the visa was granted, he was 19 at the time. At the same time I sent a letter of invitation for the visit I would send a copy to the embassy with a covering letter, not sure if it was any help but the success rate was pretty good. Everything else was in place, such as good bank accounts, plenty of room for accommodation, and getting prepared for the interview.

Its been about 3 years since the last visit so not sure the procedure is the same.

The flip side is that I had a good reputation with Dee`s Aunts and cousins who live over here and they asked me to help with an application for the Aunts sister (another of Dee`s Aunts) who had been refused a visa. She made another application and I was in Manila and went with her for an appointment with someone who I thought was the Consul, but may have been the manager of the section, at the Embassy. That was when you had to get a lift up to the visa applications floor. I spoke on her behalf, explained that she had to return to the Philippines as her elderly Mother relied on her, and was assured that the visa would be granted ,no problem. Everyone was celebrating, went back to Angeles and had party and I was the bees knees.
    We returned home and 2 weeks later came the news that her visa had again been refused as they thought she intended to stay. As I say it can be pure luck sometimes.
    She eventually got here for her nieces wedding last year but they used a lawyer. Never been asked to help since.
    Thanks Pete. That really provides useful insight. I suspec all wil be well with us also. Interesting anecdotes. I suspect their decision making is often spurious Thanks again.

Congrats Toks Im sure your confident attitude will win the day
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Congrats Toks Im sure your confident attitude will win the day
    Here's hoping my friend. Cheers.

Piamed,
    Just for your info, my wife's sister came to UK for a 3 month visit without any problem.
    She had previously been denied Australian visit visa twice.

Thanks Terpe. This helps

Thread Information