Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitors visa!

Visitors visa!

Hi everyone,

My best friend who is filipina and working in Kuwait would like to visit the UK. How does she go about getting a visa and what is the cost and how long would it take?
    I know that you could get a 6 month visitors visa this is just a query on how she can get one. What does she have to do to apply?
    Also what do you do if your visa hasn't been approved?
    Thank you so much.

Nick,
    Check out the requirements here:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...heuk/visitors/

Also, for main reasons for refusal and how to avoid take a look here:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....r+visa+refusal

hi Nick, hope you dont mind if i ask a question here too,
    general visitors , they have to show they have enough money to support and accomodate themself,for the 6 months they are here visiting uk
    question i have is, how much money is classed as enough to do this for 6 months , or even a weekly amount ??
    i appreciate any info on this as my girfriend will be comming to visit uk soon as a genral visiter tourest ,
    i dont know the answer for you nick, but there is a lot of knowledgable people here with great advice , good luck

Thanks. I'm finding this form so helpful u

Hate to put a dampener on things lads, but the reality is seeing neither of you have met your gf or friend, the chances of getting a visit visa are very slim, if not impossible?
    I'm not an expert by any means & I've never applied for one, but it seems to be the way...They are hard to get & the word "lottery" is usually used, even when you have met & can supply all the requirements.

Even to get a fiance visa, to come over here, requires you to have at least met once.

Life is hard & most of us have, or are having to battle through these problems. We're all victims of the system & if we think it's all worth it, then we proceed & find another way.

Another way means having to visit the Philippines, or in Nicks case Kuwait?

Sorry! don't mean to depress either of you, but it's pretty much the reality.

more chance of her getting a visit visa from kuwait than the phils, becuase the person in kuwait has some immigration history, while many of those in the phils dont have ..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

hi Sim
    aawwwww i lost my reply now i got to do it all over again lol.
    question, a visitor visa is same as tourest visa ? if so,

is not her requirments
    to have proof of
    any land property ,income to return to in philipines,
    bank accounts
    proof she has available money to accomodate and support herself here in uk for the 6 months,
    a return ticket.
    But to not come here and make bf/gf. reationship (in which case i do not exist ) she will be comming here indipendantly as a touist ,,,,,,

i guess in her favour she has been working away from philipines on a working visa , now over a period of over 10 years, and as so
    evidence that she has frequently been reliable to return home on frequent visits home

this is how i read it ,on the requirments here found at this home office link
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...s/eligibility/

ps, she has friends who have recently visited uk on tourest visas, they had no problems,
    she seems very confident there will be no problem as she can meet the requirments,
    where as i am not so confident,
    anyway at the worst i will have to wait to see untill about april and travel to phil on my own without having had her company

wow joebloggs, that feels so negative, i didnt see your reply before i sent my second entry, if you have now read my new entry, do you still think the same ?

Imagine,I have a friend who has been here to the UK thrice on tourist visas,she has actually just returned back to Pinas a few weeks ago,but as has been pointed out in another thread its all a lottery,I know a number of pinays who have been refused,and I know a number who have been here as touristas (several who overstayed their visas and are most probably still here)its a game of chance I guess Apply,the worst that can happen is she is refused.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

thanks Tawi2, at least you dont sound as positivly negative as joebloggs reply did, dont get me wrong i do appreciate your reply joebloggs,
    just kind of hit the heart a little, iv had 2 visits to israel to see her fail due to circumstances i was supposed to be there now and returning on 31st, so my heart is still reeling, the situation now is she is returning to phil,as her isral visa is expire, and she no longer working her contract job there, she was unable to extend it, she expects to apply for visa as soon as she arrives in manila,before she goes to her home, have a rest while visa processed, before travllin here, all these plans, yes i have been reading the threads, this was the most recent i fell upon, finding Nick having a similler situation, originaly i was trying to find out how much is the required amount of available money is acceptable to prove ability to independantly support and accomodate herself for 6 months here ? does anyone know?i can not find this info. thanks

Truthfully dont know how much cash my friend brought with her,but her boyfriends on about £7500 a month I dont know if he stuck any in her account,I never asked,I dont think Joe is being negative,he is being realistic mate,he has seen a lot of people come and go on this forum,all encountered all manner of problems.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i guess in her favour she has been working away from philipines on a working visa , now over a period of over 10 years, and as so
    evidence that she has frequently been reliable to return home on frequent visits home
    yes if she mentions this with any evidence thats she never over stayed will only help

wow joebloggs, that feels so negative, i didnt see your reply before i sent my second entry, if you have now read my new entry, do you still think the same ?
    like twai2 has said its a lottery, but its probably worth the gamble because of the cost of the visa is low compared to a settlement visa, and even if she is refused it should not make any difference when she applies for a fiancee visa.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    this should give you an idea to help sponsor her..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Sorry imagine & Nick if I gave you misleading information....Imagine...I forgot your gf had been in Israel, could work in your favour? But I always thought you had to have at least met?

Joe is the visa expert here, so he knows.

ty Sim, tourest visa , she would be comming on, so in this case having met once surly doesnt count, infact it better i dont exist , ?

she only wanted and i wanted too, as due to being unable to meet in israel, now, and that she has to leave israel, and return to philipines is the only way to get a tourest visa to uk,original plan i was to return to israel in april then go to phil with her,

now due to visa expire i hope she can come here untill april then we will travel together to phil
    (she can not get tourst visa in israel to come to uk )

which would also give the added experience of being together in person before getting married in phil , good thing yes, if she can get here

sorry Nick, i didnt mean to take over your thread, but hopefully its now providing info for you too stewart

Cheers Stewart mate
    Yes all the information on here is very helpful indeed.
    Just have to keep praying.

thanks Tawi2, at least you dont sound as positivly negative as joebloggs reply did, dont get me wrong i do appreciate your reply joebloggs,
    just kind of hit the heart a little,
    no problem I'm more of a realist, tawi2 i think is more of an optimist

search for visit visa on here and see how many have been refused, and if its not a family visit visa (which your g/f is not) then the refusal rate is even higher..

i'm not try to put a downer on it, i would still apply for a visit visa for her if you cant go to the phils now, but don't want you to think its like a fiancee or spouse visa where 90%+ are granted first time

even people in the phils with money, a business, jobs have been refused, while some people with nothing have been granted

good luck thou

tawi2 i think is more of an optimist
    I am an optimistic realist

thanks guys for your straight and honest answers i guess il just have to see what the outcome is,, fingers xd,

in the meantime , il try figuring and finding out what i need to know, ready for part 2 in april , which is go to phil, marry there stay for at least a year hopefully, stewart

Which part of the Philippines you going stewart?

hi tawi2, it will be leyte if i spelt that right , a quite area its land a farm, away from busy life , is where her parents live ,she has half of original land their, stewart

Thanks everyone
    How does she go about obtaining a UK visitor visa in Kuwait?

http://www.vfs-uk-kw.com/ check this website out, as its VFS and you cant speak to the embassy directly just make sure all your paperwork is in order

Thanks mate

Hi Nick,
    My Gf was working in Kuwait 3 years ago and managed to get a visit visa for the UK, she was employed at one of the major hotel chains there.The process was quite easy and not as painfull as many on here seem to be making out. If its her first visit she will have to attend a short interview at the consulate there and will be questioned on her plans, who she is visiting, how long they have known you etc. Get them to submit as much evidence as possible with the application, plus submit a sponsorship letter with evidence of accommodation/funding for the visit' I submitted mine as she was sending most of her money to the Phils, so it proved she had money for the visit. If she has a contract of employment from there in Kuwait get her to submit that as it proves intent of return. Hope it all goes well for you. She has since visited 2 other times and also Europe. Just going through the process for her to visit from the Phils as she is there now and will apply at vts next week for April visit. Seems not as easy process as it was from Kuwait but I imagine the embassy get a lot more requests from there in the Phils. Best of Luck

Quote Originally Posted by PeterUK View Post
    Hi Nick,
    My Gf was working in Kuwait 3 years ago and managed to get a visit visa for the UK, she was employed at one of the major hotel chains there.The process was quite easy and not as painfull as many on here seem to be making out.
    peter a visit visa is a lottery, search for visit visa on here and see how many have been refused. I've a good idea why your g/f was granted a VV, becuase she is working in kuwait for 3yrs, she has some immigration history, while for many who are applying for from the phils they dont have, and many will be refused on the balance of probabilites, the eco doesnt think they will return when thier visa expires..

of course its worth trying you might be lucky and a refused VV usually will not effect you applying for a settlement visa

Thanks Peter. That really helped. She's planning to come early next year. Does your girlfriend work at New Dar-Al Shifa Hospital in Hawalli? That's where my best friend works.
    What is the reason why many visit visas get refused joebloggs?

not providing evidence of having enough finances and not convincing the ECO that you will return b4 your visa expires..

Hi Nick,
    My GF worked at the Hilton Hotel in Fahaheel, but I used to work in both the Ahmadi and Hawalli area. She does not work there anymore as we now have a home in the Phils and she is bringing up my 2 year old daughter. I cant speak for the applications in the Philippines, but the main reason they get refused in Kuwait is the lack of finances and the proof that they will return after the visit. I showed proof that I was willing to pay for the vacation, my pay slips, bank details, etc and my GF still had her contract of employment after the holiday. Just submit as much info as you can copies of emails about the trip, flight details, accommodation etc. My principle was I would rather her send too much info than get refused for not sending enough. Her contract of employment from the Hospital will show she will be returning to her job and proof of housing in Kuwait is another. Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks Peter mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information