Thread: Visitors visa!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hate to put a dampener on things lads, but the reality is seeing neither of you have met your gf or friend, the chances of getting a visit visa are very slim, if not impossible?
    I'm not an expert by any means & I've never applied for one, but it seems to be the way...They are hard to get & the word "lottery" is usually used, even when you have met & can supply all the requirements.

Even to get a fiance visa, to come over here, requires you to have at least met once.

Life is hard & most of us have, or are having to battle through these problems. We're all victims of the system & if we think it's all worth it, then we proceed & find another way.

Another way means having to visit the Philippines, or in Nicks case Kuwait?

Sorry! don't mean to depress either of you, but it's pretty much the reality.

hi Sim
    aawwwww i lost my reply now i got to do it all over again lol.
    question, a visitor visa is same as tourest visa ? if so,

is not her requirments
    to have proof of
    any land property ,income to return to in philipines,
    bank accounts
    proof she has available money to accomodate and support herself here in uk for the 6 months,
    a return ticket.
    But to not come here and make bf/gf. reationship (in which case i do not exist ) she will be comming here indipendantly as a touist ,,,,,,

i guess in her favour she has been working away from philipines on a working visa , now over a period of over 10 years, and as so
    evidence that she has frequently been reliable to return home on frequent visits home

this is how i read it ,on the requirments here found at this home office link
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...s/eligibility/

ps, she has friends who have recently visited uk on tourest visas, they had no problems,
    she seems very confident there will be no problem as she can meet the requirments,
    where as i am not so confident,
    anyway at the worst i will have to wait to see untill about april and travel to phil on my own without having had her company

thanks Tawi2, at least you dont sound as positivly negative as joebloggs reply did, dont get me wrong i do appreciate your reply joebloggs,
    just kind of hit the heart a little, iv had 2 visits to israel to see her fail due to circumstances i was supposed to be there now and returning on 31st, so my heart is still reeling, the situation now is she is returning to phil,as her isral visa is expire, and she no longer working her contract job there, she was unable to extend it, she expects to apply for visa as soon as she arrives in manila,before she goes to her home, have a rest while visa processed, before travllin here, all these plans, yes i have been reading the threads, this was the most recent i fell upon, finding Nick having a similler situation, originaly i was trying to find out how much is the required amount of available money is acceptable to prove ability to independantly support and accomodate herself for 6 months here ? does anyone know?i can not find this info. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    thanks Tawi2, at least you dont sound as positivly negative as joebloggs reply did, dont get me wrong i do appreciate your reply joebloggs,
    just kind of hit the heart a little,
    no problem I'm more of a realist, tawi2 i think is more of an optimist

search for visit visa on here and see how many have been refused, and if its not a family visit visa (which your g/f is not) then the refusal rate is even higher..

i'm not try to put a downer on it, i would still apply for a visit visa for her if you cant go to the phils now, but don't want you to think its like a fiancee or spouse visa where 90%+ are granted first time

even people in the phils with money, a business, jobs have been refused, while some people with nothing have been granted

good luck thou
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

thanks guys for your straight and honest answers i guess il just have to see what the outcome is,, fingers xd,

in the meantime , il try figuring and finding out what i need to know, ready for part 2 in april , which is go to phil, marry there stay for at least a year hopefully, stewart

wow joebloggs, that feels so negative, i didnt see your reply before i sent my second entry, if you have now read my new entry, do you still think the same ?

i guess in her favour she has been working away from philipines on a working visa , now over a period of over 10 years, and as so
    evidence that she has frequently been reliable to return home on frequent visits home
    yes if she mentions this with any evidence thats she never over stayed will only help

wow joebloggs, that feels so negative, i didnt see your reply before i sent my second entry, if you have now read my new entry, do you still think the same ?
    like twai2 has said its a lottery, but its probably worth the gamble because of the cost of the visa is low compared to a settlement visa, and even if she is refused it should not make any difference when she applies for a fiancee visa.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    this should give you an idea to help sponsor her..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information