Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So which Site do you get the Cheapest Flights on?

Respected Member
    OMG! will these be available if the trip is from manila roundtrip london

i cant find anything even near your prices i dont care if i even got 2 stopovers. help!!!
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Depends on the dates you want.
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    I use crystal-travel, had some big bargains last year, £ 360. not this year thou
    this is easy to use, thanks for the site.

Respected Member
    Ghee, yes the price I booked at was a round trip from Heathrow to NAIA for Dec 29th 2011 to Jan 11th 2012.

I have a confession to make, the price was actually lower, £396.63

I booked direct with Saudi Airlines, not with a travel agent

i think buying any ticket in the phils has always been more expensive than the uk

i think last year i paid £500+ for a one way ticket from Manila to Manchester for me step son flying singapore airlines
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Anyone know the best way for me (in UK) to buy a ticket for a friend in Phils?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think buying any ticket in the phils has always been more expensive than the uk

i think last year i paid £500+ for a one way ticket from Manila to Manchester for me step son flying singapore airlines
    exactly! even buying it from UK but as long as the origin is Phils, they still give the same price result

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    this is what we really plan on doing. now im trying to mix and match flights and it's not easy

Respected Member
    I've never had the need to buy a ticket to the UK yet, but I have looked in the past for research purposes, and found it much simpler to go direct to airline's website. Prices for tickets which don't originate in the Uk are usually in USD or the local currency, so exchange rates can make a difference.
    I'm happy using reputable travel agents in the UK, but am less confident and trusting of overseas agents, I rather play it safe and deal directly with the airline if buying a ticket with an origin outside of Britain.
    Likewise, if I'm booking connecting flights for myself from Asian hubs to other Asian cities or around the Phil's, I'll only deal with the airlines. They've all got pretty good on line booking systems now.

Thanks for the advice Englishman.
    That's just what I wanted to know.

Respected Member
    Thanks for the advice Englishman.
    That's just what I wanted to know.
    No problem Terpe, we're all here to help each other Good luck in finding what you're after.
    If you want a long haul flight the choice is quite limited to the major airlines, but if it's a short haul flight, there are lots of regional and low cost operators in Asia. If you go to Skyscanner and put the route in, it should tell you which airlines fly that route. If you get stuck, ask for help

Good post Guys.
    What i do is fly always to and from Hong Kong and then use my pre-booked flights with Cebu Pacific to Manila { there are about 5 flights a day from HK to Manila and vice versa.}
    Hong Kong is a cheap hub and a very popular destination as opposed to Manila.
    Cebu Pacific has a new fleet and is beating PAL in terms of passenger footfall.
    Average return flight cost is about £80 the 4-5 times i have done this.
    PS Beware of " too good to be true" special offers, most companies offer these and all those offers apply to a very small amount of seats "that 350 quid deal amazingly almost always doubles in minutes!"
    Always try and book early too, i mucked about for a week once on trying to get a cheap deal and in the end it cost me another 100 quid as it drew me so much nearer my intended departure date.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbojac View Post
    .......What i do is fly always to and from Hong Kong and then use my pre-booked flights with Cebu Pacific to Manila { there are about 5 flights a day from HK to Manila and vice versa.}........
    I've flown with Cebu Pacific loads of times. Not that I want to, sometimes no choice.
    It's usually 50/50 good/bad for me. Their customer service is

Remember the days when Oasis used to operate from Gatwick to Honkers. Geez, had some cracking good flights at crazy low prices. Business class too.
    Anyway, when we did that we always used Cebu Pacific on the final leg to Manila.
    To be really honest it was a bit of a pain to collect the bags, go through immigration exit HK then go back to check-in etc. Cebu Pacific always screwed us around, just don't know why. My bad luck probably.
    Anyway, these days would rather pay the few quid extra and stay with Cathay.

Having said that, might just try another route next time, I'm not that happy with those Cathay sliding seats.

If it works great for you on Cebu Pacific stick with it.

Respected Member
    Terpe, I've just done UK to HK with KLM had a few days in Honkers then flew to MNL with PAL, it worked out nice for me as I saw a bit of HK & Macau and then the lovely people at PAL upgraded me to business class in a 747 on the MNL leg I'm doing the same thing again in Aug, I've booked an Emirates flight to Honkers and will sort out a Cebu Pac or PAL flight to MNL when I get round to it, or when they have some decent promo rates. Collecting my bags in Honkers isn't really an issue as I use it as an opportunity to do a bit of sight seeing and have a stop over

Englishman, I'm toying with the idea to fly to Davao next time. We have a house there but haven't spent such a lot of time there recently. Would like to stay for while and re-discover the area. I like it there so much.

Respected Member
    Sounds nice Terpe, I don't know much about flights to Davao Does anyone fly there from Honkers, or do you need to change in Manila or Cebu?

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Sounds nice Terpe, I don't know much about flights to Davao Does anyone fly there from Honkers, or do you need to change in Manila or Cebu?
    The only one I know is Singapore Airline.

Respected Member
    Sing's nice for a stop over but expensive, then again HK isn't cheap either

well waiting for emma to say book the fights steve, its gone up , why o why do we think we are in charge but really we are not ,

Respected Member
    been in the same position many times in my former life Steve I've learned to buy when I see something that looks good, and explain later

To get best air fare http://www. use this site i have already use this site couple of time and got the best price.
    Last edited by Steve.r; 14th February 2011 at 23:15. Reason: Links removed due to breech of T&C's

i found cheaper prices for lagos from this site http://www.. thanks for asking.
    Last edited by Steve.r; 14th February 2011 at 23:14. Reason: Links removed due to breech of T&C's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information