Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
I was reading Tony's and his wife's posts yesterday on this subject and to me, it all sounded if it was all hanging by a thread.
That's hardly the impression I got ... on the contrary, my instincts tell me Tony & Eliza are two like-minded people - yearning to be allowed to live together as befits any loving husband and wife relationship. A basic human right ... or ought to be! Like almost all of us on this site, Tony's main "fault" is to have had the misfortune - in such circumstances - to've been born British, fallen in love with and married someone from the other side of the world. IF ONLY he'd been a native of [practically] ANY OTHER European Nation, then he could've exercised his 'Treaty Rights' and brought his lawfully-wedded wife to the UK - free of charge - long ago ... regardless of his job prospects. Yet - as a Brit - he cannot bring her to his home country without being hampered by and unfair legislation ... compounded by the financial implications involved for a person who isn't in permanent full-time employment.

If a marriage between two people - who care deeply for each other - fails ... then it's surely the System to blame for keeping them apart!!