Thread: Hard Drive !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PC Tools is free spyware detector, AV and Firewall.... you can get some of it free via Google Pack
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    PC Tools is free spyware detector, AV and Firewall.... you can get some of it free via Google Pack
    The problem with all of these security and spyware programmes is the amount they slow down your pc. I've got virus checkers, bot detectors, anti spyware, just about everything going installed on my machine and when you take into account the performance needed to run all of these, I dont think PC's are actually any quicker now than they were 10 yrs ago when all I had was a basic version of McAfee or Norton
    Someone recommended a key stroke blocking prog the other day, I installed it, but it kept causing IE to crash if I had 2 webpages open. I've uninstalled it now and everything is fine again

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    The problem with all of these security and spyware programmes is the amount they slow down your pc. I've got virus checkers, bot detectors, anti spyware, just about everything going installed on my machine and when you take into account the performance needed to run all of these, I dont think PC's are actually any quicker now than they were 10 yrs ago when all I had was a basic version of McAfee or Norton
    Someone recommended a key stroke blocking prog the other day, I installed it, but it kept causing IE to crash if I had 2 webpages open. I've uninstalled it now and everything is fine again
    no probs with the key scrambler, been using it for 6 months
    IE, only use firefox
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no probs with the key scrambler, been using it for 6 months
    IE, only use firefox
    TBH IE is rubbish, but I have to use it as most of the web apps I use for work dont like Firefox or Chrome

You don't need lots of different programs,I only have one Norton internet security and that's it and I haven't had to format in over 8 months
    My pc runs sweet as a nut and considering I use newsgroups all the time I have no probs whatsoever

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    You don't need lots of different programs,I only have one Norton internet security and that's it and I haven't had to format in over 8 months
    My pc runs sweet as a nut and considering I use newsgroups all the time I have no probs whatsoever
    I used Norton for years and never had any problems, but the bean counters at work decided to save money and didn't renew the licences, so we have to use a variety of free or cheaper programmes now, none of them are as good as Norton

I still run Norton and nothing else on my own PC's

I used Norton for years and never had any problems, but the bean counters at work decided to save money and didn't renew the licences, so we have to use a variety of free or cheaper programmes now, none of them are as good as Norton

I still run Norton and nothing else on my own PC's
    The trouble is Norton will get slagged off as it was always a big hogger of resources and nigh impossible to uninstall, people keep saying that now and it simply isn't true any more.
    I used to love nod 32 but I now prefer Norton and have basically been bench testing it on my own pc for over a year and I have found it fantastic.
    Please remember I am a newsgroup user so exposed to all sorts of nasties but nothing has gotten through Norton at all:xxgrinning--00xx3
    Even my previous favourite nod 32 is not as good as the new Norton.

Thread Information