Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrio Fiesta Lampton Park London July 16th and 17th 2011

Barrio Fiesta Lampton Park London July 16th and 17th 2011

Just found the dates for the Barrio Fiesta at Lampton Park, Hounslow. http://www.fil-event.com/events/Barr...n---2011.shtml
    As life is to live so love is to give

Might'nt be around otherwise I would have been there,takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes to get to Lambton park,good day out.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

takes me a little longer i would say but any get together is a good days out

Banned
    Thanks alanp - it's useful to know the dates in advance

thanks for the info alan i shall put that in my diary

Banned
    this has been mentioned Over the years i have been a member of this forum. This year I will make the effort to attend. Tawi says its a good day out, so it must be and we will have our little one so, im looking forward to it already! Thank you Alan

I never met anyone yet who didnt enjoy the barrio fiesta Gwaps,a chance to catch up with old friends,chill out,eat banana-Q and generally immerse in all things pinoy for an afternoon,been quite a few times and never came away dissapointed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I never met anyone yet who didnt enjoy the barrio fiesta Gwaps,a chance to catch up with old friends,chill out,eat banana-Q and generally immerse in all things pinoy for an afternoon,been quite a few times and never came away dissapointed
    Where's that Jeepney you mentioned

There used to be a guy from Kent exhibited the jeepney at Lambton park during barrio fiesta weekend,dont know if he is still around mate

Oh ok...thanks Mr T

Banned
    There used to be a guy from Kent exhibited the jeepney at Lambton park during barrio fiesta weekend,dont know if he is still around mate
    One of the stalls used to have a small nipa hut - not seen that for a couple of years

One of the stalls used to have a small nipa hut - not seen that for a couple of years
    I remember that as well,was it the same guy as owned the jeepney?Loads of flambouyant characters there

Banned
    I remember that as well,was it the same guy as owned the jeepney?Loads of flambouyant characters there
    I've never seen the Jeepney but I do remember seeing the Nipa Hut at Morden in 2007 I think and again at Lampton

I remember seeing a jeepney at Milton Keynes (Campbell Park), maybe 3 years ago.
    Arrived on a trailer.
    What an attraction it was, so much interest.
    Could be some summer wonga to be made

Last year it seemed to be the eastern europen tricycle riders everywhere for one of the discount phone companies.

Start saving now if you wanna eat there and rember to feed the pinays in the groups before going

Dont forget to spend sometime at the fun fair never will you see so many well behaved chav dressed kids in all your life

Even the ones with their pitbull/s in tow will be respectful while their trousers hang round there backsides

Also you muct have Ice cream from the couple shown inTawi's photo
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Also you muct have Ice cream from the couple shown inTawi's photo
    I like the old ice-cream guy,I think his shop is near Ashford train station or it used to be?

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    When I went to get some ice-cream (the filipino type), it had all sold out!

I have been to this fiesta so many times.
    Last year I actually dropped of my car full of attendees and went to Milton Keynes
    then went back and picked them up.
    Not really my thing these days.
    But, if other members will go, and I know the day, I will be there wearing a Filipino UK badge.
    If you see someone wearing such a badge please say the magic word so I know it's you.

I like the old ice-cream guy,I think his shop is near Ashford train station or it used to be?
    Yep belive it is and we have some of their Ice cream in our freezer as I speak I think unless the Wife sneaked it out while i was not looking
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    i cant wait to see that barrio fiesta in london...so i can have a lot of fun and meeting a kababayan....

Trying to find parking is really a nightmare

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    Just found the dates for the Barrio Fiesta at Lampton Park, Hounslow. http://www.fil-event.com/events/Barr...n---2011.shtml
    hi , regarding the barrio fiesta at lampton park, ive not been b4 and my wife wants to go, is there things to to do ther to keep a 4and3 year old occupied. im a long way from london out in the sticks and didnt want 2 go all the way ther and have 2 bored kids because of nothing to do ther 4 them..

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    The guy who ran the nepa hut and stalls and exhibited the jeepney was Frank Trotter from Ashford. He's moved out to the Philippines now but still returns to the UK on business a couple of times a year. Sadly the jeepney fell into decline and was in need of total restoration last time I saw it. I will find out from him if it is available to anybody who might be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyMyk View Post
    The guy who ran the nepa hut and stalls and exhibited the jeepney was Frank Trotter from Ashford. He's moved out to the Philippines now but still returns to the UK on business a couple of times a year. Sadly the jeepney fell into decline and was in need of total restoration last time I saw it. I will find out from him if it is available to anybody who might be interested.
    Did the hut rot away ?

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    So who is going? I'll be going on Sunday, so hope the weather's good! Might be taking some coconut rice-cakes!

Banned
    I'm not sure which day we're going yet

hi, does anyone know if there were job fairs there? like recruitment?

thanks,

Havent seen a job-fair there as such,seen recruitment for nurses in Canada etc however,might pop in on sunday.

see you all there

see you all there
    Are you going Moy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information