Thread: Owning a Property { HELP NEEDED PLEASE!}

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I think you have had some great advice Jim, and from guys who have been there and done that. I have a property with my asawa also. For me it is a matter of trust between the two of us. My asawa already has a nice house with a big lot. Our new house lies on a smaller lot, but in a nicer area next to our farm. Making this committment for me was of course a leap of faith, but if you are looking to change your life (like me) then you make your choice. Being able to go to the Philippines and go 'home' is a great feeling.
    I guess what I am trying to say, is do not look at this as an investment opportunity, do it and go there because you love being with your mahal and living in a different culture to ours, I think that way you will become far richer.

Steve
    Cheers Steve and by the way i have seen you have contributed a lot of good postings here, nice one!
    Hmmmmm the way i have written was almost a bit tongue in cheek as i don't wanna give out the impression that it was really for investment purposes. My GF's family do not have very much and it was more for her and them and a place where i can maybe rest my head for a while. I am really into my surfing still and travel a lot all over with her staying at various places along the Filipino coastline.
    Just a few weeks ago i put down a deposit and months rental for a basic property in Dipolog which has greatly improved their lifestyle, something which i was happy to do and at a very small price for many of us here in the UK. I have arranged a twice monthly amount to be paid onto a currency card that i gave her. { thats all the personal info i can give out for now. }
    Its that age old question...........even with the very modest rental outlay i still feel it would be nice to own a place but ownership is i guess for me not that important just yet but i feel in months and years to come it will be.
    Have a good week-end.

Thanks Jim.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thread Information