Thread: best times to fly

best times to fly

Hi

Is it cheaper to go during the week for example a Wednesday than a Saturday flight ?

Cheers

Nigel

I have found it is better during the week, over weekends. If you go to Southall Travel for instance and do a flight search, you can get up a grid of outward and inbound flights to Manila. You can choose your dates as to the prices shown. You can see the diffents prices as a guide. I booked yesterday and already the same flight is now £45 more expensive.

hth
    Steve
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

depends who you fly with , me i always look the whole week and try different dates too, you may save a little fortune by looking

Respected Member
    It can be, on KLM at least, you really need to check your dates carefully the variations can be quite extreme, avoid major festivals i.e. Easter, Christmas, all Saints day and avoid summer (March, April, May) if you really want the cheapest deals.

Even during the above times some good deals can be had but you have to check often.

Yeah, if you're flexible with your dates, shop around and take your time you''ll get a better price and it seemed to me weekdays were cheaper. Saw a return flight for £380 on a Wednesday, six weeks before the date of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by worthingmale View Post
    Hi

Is it cheaper to go during the week for example a Wednesday than a Saturday flight ?

Cheers

Nigel
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I have found it is better during the week, over weekends. If you go to Southall Travel for instance and do a flight search, you can get up a grid of outward and inbound flights to Manila. You can choose your dates as to the prices shown. You can see the diffents prices as a guide. I booked yesterday and already the same flight is now £45 more expensive.

hth
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    depends who you fly with , me i always look the whole week and try different dates too, you may save a little fortune by looking
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    It can be, on KLM at least, you really need to check your dates carefully the variations can be quite extreme, avoid major festivals i.e. Easter, Christmas, all Saints day and avoid summer (March, April, May) if you really want the cheapest deals.

Even during the above times some good deals can be had but you have to check often.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Yeah, if you're flexible with your dates, shop around and take your time you''ll get a better price and it seemed to me weekdays were cheaper. Saw a return flight for £380 on a Wednesday, six weeks before the date of travel.
    Loads of good suggestions there, Nigel ... just make sure you steer clear of the "fly by nights "!!!

this forum rocks,

cheers everybody off soon for my second trip to see my lady and cant wait

its like being a child at christmas

Did you book up ?

on a another note

I also prefer leaving the UK in the early morning say 9.30am this means im already rested on the journey arriving around 11.30am 18 hours later the next day in Cebu I can then just stay up till bedtime and dont suffer the same from jetlag
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Best time to fly is when you're in an aeroplane , I've tried flying after slipping on ice but fell far short of Manila
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Best time to fly is when you're in an aeroplane , I've tried flying after slipping on ice but fell far short of Manila
    Depends what 'ice' you flew on

Thread Information