Thread: West Ham win Olympic stadium race

Post West Ham win Olympic stadium race

West Ham will take over the Olympic Stadium in east London after the Games next year, BBC London learns.

Content from...
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Recommened Site: Win2Win Racing | Free Delivery Store | Free Delivery Shop | Astronomy Forum | Win2Win Sports Store | My Fiverr Gigs | Green Leaf Beauty Shop

What!!!! Although no surprise once I'd seen the small print for the Spurs bid... which basically meant demolish the stadium and rebuild it
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Poor old Totnum West Ham will have the fanciest ground in the Football League unless Orient decide to mount a challenge

Maybe a posh ground but the fans will need a telescope each
    Keith - Administrator

As a Lifelong West Ham fan Nice to win something. The way the season is going we will have the nicest stadium in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    What!!!! Although no surprise once I'd seen the small print for the Spurs bid... which basically meant demolish the stadium and rebuild it
    As a Tottenham fan was not wanting to move to stratford id just like to say but when i read the two bids have to say the Tottenham one meant more sense.

The stadium as it stands has no plumbing, no catering faclities and unless they demolish most of the stands anyway has no executive boxes which bring in all the money on a maychday. The toliets and catering are in pods outside of the ground ever been to a football match and seen the queues for the bathroom before during halftime and after the game? The seating has just a large drape to keep the window from blowing up yer jacksy!! West ham have to demolish most of it. I think basically the running track is all that is most likely to stay.

As it stands if West ham try to mess with the track it will be lawyer heaven, got say most west ham season ticket holders i know are not happy at all.

The running track will be kept but how often will West ham allow Field events on the pitch?
    It will be open for a few months a year to althletes. Then what about the concerts and what not more days before during and after when the runners cant use it

Cant see a premiership team allowing in the great unwashed to use with out security and vetting. So hardly likely to be turn up on the day.

I think the OPLC made a mess two teams bidding why not raise the price ask them to refurb crystal palace as well?
    Plus a large wedge to the treasury which would be nice in these trying times.. I seriously didn't want the stadium for spurs but jeez why give the thing away and then bung the team a 40 million pound loan as well that from what i understand the treasury have Newham the poorest london borough as gurantors if west ham go broke or default :rolleyes

They should have made a smaller stadium for the 2012 events as they only wanted a 25 thousand capacity ground after the games and used wembley for the opening and closing but hey ho

500 million 40 million in loans for a running track you can use for a tiny part of the year and crystal palace the national sports centre still needs refurbing I would never get the OPLC into haggle for me :rolleyes
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thread Information