Thread: help please

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Unhappy help please

Hi,

I have a filipino passport & I've been living here since I was 3 years old with my parents, they both have filipino passports and so do I.

My parents want to remain with their filipino passport but I wanted to know how I can change my filipino passport into a British passport?

We have indefinite leave to remain in the UK and have got the stamp in my passport.

I've have studied in primary school, secondary school and college. I also have been working for over 3 years.

Could you please help me and give me some advice as to how I can apply for a British passport?

Would I need to apply for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP?

I think that you need to apply for British Citizenship.
    This web page explains about who can have a British passport,
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...port/DG_174146
    This link will explain British Citizenship & how to apply,
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/

Just a thought your parents could if they wish become UK citizens and then reaquire there Philipno ones being then joint nationals
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Hi amylicious, welcome to the forum

I would just confirm what has previously been said. You could all apply for British Citizenship (if you wanted)
    If granted British Citizenship you would then visit the Phils Embassy in London and have an oath taking ceremony to regain your Philippine status. You will the be Dual Citizenship. Best of both worlds, so to speak.
    Just search here there is lots of detailed information.

Amy ... there isn't really anything further I can add to what has already been covered - except to you here - and, should you decide to apply for British Citizenship, wish you luck in the event.

Thread Information