Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
i never believed that council housing should ever have been sold for the same reason they were built, also splitting housing estates up like that ,a mix between bought and rented, doesnt help the ease of maintenance of the rented ones,
i have previously worked for council for direct works , housing and seen the diference ,
yes i agree they should never have been sold off, massive shortage now, many people have to live with family and friends or rent privately and pay nearly double in rent , and have little chance of buying becuase you need minimum of 10% deposit but you be not to have if you were offered it at a massive discount..

i've just got a council house, its in such a state it will be weeks b4 we could live in it, it took 8 months to get it, i was offered 2 others but turned them down, and i was lucky becuase of circumstances, but i pitty those who are on the waiting list

maybe most people are not aware you actually bid on a house, and depending on your ciricumstances and how long you've been waiting that decides on where you are in the queue. most i bid on had 50-90 other people bidding, some people could be waiting many years