Thread: CFO Seminar

Newbie (Restricted Access)

CFO Seminar

Hi Everyone.

Belinda pasted the English test couple of weeks ago, and got a 94% pass score. And In a few hours will be attending the VAC to hand in the visa application. (so good luck to her... and now we wait...)

Whilst we are waiting for the decision about the visa, I have read we can go to the CFO seminar ahead of time, and then just go back and get the sticker after we have the visa approval.

Question 1: Does anyone know if that is true?

2nd question: I have been told that we need to "Advise the Filipino Government of your intention to emigrate from the Philippines"

Does anyone know, if this is done at the CFO seminar, or do we need to go somewhere else, and do this.

Thanks for any help you can give. I just want to avoid an surprises at the airport as we are trying to get on the plane to England.

Kind Regards, Scott

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Hi Hockberg

May I suggest you make a search as there is a mountain of posts on this subject. That would be the quickest way of getting all the info you probably need.

Generally.

If people continually ask questions which have previously been answered so comprehensibly, it is likely that the people who know will get tired of repeatedly writing the same info. However, having read the info available, if anyone has further questions on any subject, then I know there are many well qualified subscribers who will always be ready to help.

Hi Hockberg...

It is true that Belinda can go and attend the CFO seminar at SMEF-COW and get the certificate at the same day whilst waiting for visa decision from UKVAC.

Once the passport with visa arrives she can present the certificate and get her CFO sticker on her passport.
    Life as we make it

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Hi Hockberg...

It is true that Belinda can go and attend the CFO seminar at SMEF-COW and get the certificate at the same day whilst waiting for visa decision from UKVAC.

Once the passport with visa arrives she can present the certificate and get her CFO sticker on her passport.
    Thanks Purple

But just realized a problem in my plan... Belinda's passport is at the embassy now, and she would need it for the ID's... doh
    We'll just to wait, and hopefully she can go and get it done all at the same time whilst I'm dying of boredom on the plane.

And sorry to John. Didn't mean to post a thread about the same topic as others have... I was just concerned with a letter from my solicitor, which they say this exact wording "Advise the Filipino Government of your intention to emigrate from the Philippines" and I was wondering if going to the CFO, was doing that or do I have to go somewhere else in Manila... ie: Filipino version of the Home Office etc... anyway not to worry, I'll figure it out.

ta

Hello hockberg, your wife can attend CFO seminar even she has no visa yet.It's what I did before.She just present the certificate and receipt when she goes back the and get the sticker on her passport once she got her visa.Hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by hockberg View Post
    Whilst we are waiting for the decision about the visa, I have read we can go to the CFO seminar ahead of time, and then just go back and get the sticker after we have the visa approval.
    Hi Scott!!...yes she can attend CFO Seminar while her visa is still on process.

After I submitted all my documents with the VFS for a spouse visa I went straight to CFO Manila and attended a one on one interview with CFO Officer and they gave me a certificate, they just ask a photocopy of my marriage certificate and my passport and tell me that once my visa is out and approved I need to get another certificate and a CFO sticker to be attach in my passport before I leave the Philippines.

Locations of CFO Offices:

CFO Manila

Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue
    corner Osmeņa Highway (South Superhighway)
    Manila, Philippines 1007
    Tel. Nos.: (02) 561-8321 locals 101 to105, 200 to 204, 300 to 304;
    400 to 404, 500 to 505, 600 to 604, 700 to 703
    Fax No.: (02) 561-8332
    E-mail: info@cfo.gov.ph

CFO Cebu Desk

Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeņa Boulevard corner
    MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines
    Telefax: (032) 255-5253
    Email: cfocebu@cfo.gov.ph
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Bear in mind the Cebu cfo is run by undercover nuns who have been known to reduce our ladies to tears with their impertinant questions we are going that route but if my wife had to travel it would be to Manila rather than Cebu I will give a report once she has attended
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Bear in mind the Cebu cfo is run by undercover nuns who have been known to reduce our ladies to tears with their impertinant questions we are going that route but if my wife had to travel it would be to Manila rather than Cebu I will give a report once she has attended
    My wife went to the Good Shepherd Convent Katipunan. They too were very unpleasant.

However, the thing to remember is that when they ask the questions, they almost never can know what the correct answer should be, so if you don't know how many aunts you husband has for example, make up a number. The same goes for anything else. 'Q' What education level does your husband have? (No idea, no problem) 'A' He is a professor of Law. They really don't know.

Thread Information