Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life In The UK Test

london well away from those people up norf
    The missus past the test yesterday. She said loads of people rushing the exam and she was second to last to finish. The wife was out of the buliding with cert in her hand just 30 mins after exam started.
    As others reported quite a few failed so one thing we learned was take your time read the qs slowly make sure you understand them before answering.
    Dont hurry the exam its unlikely your run out of time as mr bloggs said. But better to take time than to rush it.
    The Wife put in a hours or so reading and practise tests in most days/nights a week. For a month or so.

well done
    i think its not so difficult for pinoys, as many have an excellent understanding of english, they are what the 3rd/4th largest english speaking country in the world .. but i wouldnt want to remember those facts and figures and take the test,so well done to all those that past, and you can now forget it all

oh, and i've read somewhere, that the home office only keep a digital record of passes for 6 years, and you have to send your copy with your ILR, and i dont know if you get it back, so i've scanned it. and i'm making sure my wife dont have to take it ever again or pay for it again

london well away from those people up norf
    Good advice mr bloggs that rather shabby bit of paper for 34 quid could cost you a fortune if lost or damged so unable to read. The server holding the pass records is likely to explode or just not work knowing the uk goverments record on it.
    scan it keep copies and like mr bloggs said dont worry about how wide is the uk or the amount of under 20 years in the uk anymore.

Banned

Question

Quote Originally Posted by nparvus1202 View Post
    So since I will be applying permanent residency only this coming 1st of July then that means my baby is not considered British citizen under the law? Well I guess I have to file her as dependant then.
    I'm a wee bit confused here. Joe Bloggs gave a list of requirements for the baby to get a UK passport. That includes,of the parents being a Uk resident or having a visa I think he said. Is that not the case with you?
    The reason I ask is that we are due our Son in November and need to
    get him a passport soon after so we can book up with him to fly to Philippines in February 08.

i think his bb was born in dec, but he couldn't apply for ILR until july, his bb was 8 months old by then, i think immigration law varies according to the age of the child. you need to look on the IND web site about your bb becoming a british citizen.

Banned
    What's the IND? website please?

Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Thankyou.

Respected Member
    I called IND and they informed me that after my ILR has been approved and released, my baby could be registered as citizen right away for £400. If she was born after I got my ILR, then it's free. £400 for all children under 18 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information