Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Murderers Executed - Well Done Taiwan

Banned

Thumbs up 5 Murderers Executed - Well Done Taiwan

TAIPEI: Taiwan on Friday executed four prisoners in the first death sentences to be carried out since 2005, the justice ministry said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...053715/1/.html

Banned
    Along with meating this sort of punishment and sorting out the ' money for nothing' welfare system this will solve the crisis we have.

Guys much to your chargrin you still live in a civilised country
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    USA, is that not a civilised county too

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    TAIPEI: Usually convicts in Taiwan are put to death with a bullet to the head.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...053715/1/.html
    It isn't much of a deterent then is it

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    It isn't much of a deterent then is it
    He's just came into office...... quote...
    Recently-appointed Justice Minister Tseng Yung-fu approved the executions on Wednesday, state-run Central News Agency said, citing justice ministry officials..... Time will tell if it's a deterrent.

Banned
    I want to know what dictionary Keith is using

In this case
    From Merriam-Webster:
    disquietude or distress of mind caused by humiliation, disappointment, or failure

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...#ixzz1FtVqIjiN

Just trying to counter the dumbing down of mail readers who only need a 40 word plus proper names vocabulary
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

lets hope that none of them are found innocent
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

China just lines them up one bullet why waste resources
    Absit invidia

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    With 619 UK murders in 2010 (if that figure is correct) it's arguable whether a society which fails to have a deterrent which works, can be describes as 'civilised.

Of course to that figure one should add those who, but for a surgeons skill would also have died, and those who are permanently disabled. '

Your still 5 times more likely to die in a trafic accident
    Absit invidia

Respected Member
    That good to know then, we can give the killers a bonus and know when they kill one of our family we are lucky that they were not killed on the road !!!!!!

Banned
    China used to do it the right way - provide a bit of half time entertainment at the local football ground. Manacled condemned would be paraded round the touchline with placards around their necks detailing their crimes, then driven off in the back of a pick up to a corner of the carpark to have a bullet put through the back of their heads. Cheap & cheerful - it gets the deterrent message across to Joe Public

Respected Member
    I dont think capital punishment is a deterent at all. Murders are still commited in countries with a death penalty. The fact is the UK has one of the lowest murder rates per head of population anywhere in the world. Of the 620 or so cases John referred to, I wonder how many of those were intergang related murders. TBH those sort of murders are doing us all a favor by removing the drug pushing scum from the earth. I'd be interested to know what the 'real' number of murders is (excluding rival drug killings and drive bys)?

No point wasting money on keeping scum like serial killers & paedophiles alive when it can be spent on more worthwhile causes.

Respected Member
    Englishman.-

I really cannot believe what you are saying. If you think that the ones being killed 'deserved it' in some way (an incredible idea) then I cannot imagine how you can be against a legal death penalty.

Singapore has a system with serious deterrent sentences. There is almost no crime.
    In some cultures where people have nothing and there is no welfare system, I agree deterrents maybe don't work, but that argument does apply in any way to UK.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Englishman.-

I really cannot believe what you are saying. If you think that the ones being killed 'deserved it' in some way (an incredible idea) then I cannot imagine how you can be against a legal death penalty.

Singapore has a system with serious deterrent sentences. There is almost no crime.
    In some cultures where people have nothing and there is no welfare system, I agree deterrents maybe don't work, but that argument does apply in any way to UK.
    John it was tongue in cheek, but the fact is most ordinary people who have no association with the drug pushing gangster element of our society would automatically react that way in the same way that I don't care if the smackhead who stole my car and smashed it up overdoses on his next fix.
    I didn't say I was against the death penalty in my post, I said i didnt think it was a deterent. As it happens I believe that in certain circumstances humane capital punishment has a place in our society for the most brutal murderers and child molesters where rehabilitation isn't going to work or for repeat offenders. However I don't think it would act as a deterent, murderers and child molesters were around prior to the abolition of the death penalty. Capital punishment exists more to apease an angry public when someone has commited a horrific crime

What's that got to do with it? Unless the traffic "accident" is caused by an inebriated hit-and-run motorist who mows down an child ... then scarpers - leaving his/her victim lying badly injured ... or [worse] ... *dead at the roadside! That's *MURDER ... although the driver (if caught) is likely be convicted of a lesser charge of manslaughter (at most) if the child dies.

What the criminals were executed for in China, amounted to cold-blooded killings in each of the cases reported here. And I have to say that - crimes of passion, gangland slayings, deaths arising from drunken rabbles and/or in acts of self defence apart - with John as regards the need for an ultimate deterrent ... whenever it can be proved beyond reasonable doubt that death occurred as a direct result of premeditated homicide.

Banned
    I've always gone along with "String 'em up ! It's the only language those ba$tard$ understand"

We have discussed this several times my own view is that its clearly no deterent just revenge and we as a nation decided not to have that done anymore on our behalf there are grave dougbts about the last guy hung in England hanratty

Once your dead an apology for a mistake is not much good

Deadworth apears to favour the spectacle of the Roman arena at half time in your local sports stadium how disgusting is that?
    Absit invidia

We have discussed this several times my own view is that its clearly no deterent just revenge and we as a nation decided not to have that done anymore on our behalf there are grave dougbts about the last guy hung in England hanratty
    NO ... ... the politicians decided ... HAD the British public been given the chance to vote on the issues of Corporal AND Capital Punishment it would've been a different outcome altogether! And I am convinced BOTH would've ended up being retained!!

Hanratty's guilt has since been established if I'm not mistaken. But irrespective of whether this is the case or not ... DNA profiling has advanced to the extent where it is more or less guaranteed to prevent miscarriages of justice.

Deadworth apears to favour the spectacle of the Roman arena at half time in your local sports stadium how disgusting is that?
    Barbaric and disgusting it may be ... but it seemed to work in Roman times - and I'll bet it would be an effective deterrent NOW!

Not enough supply Arthur we would have to import executies
    Absit invidia

Banned

Facts wrong again Hanratty wasn't the last man to be hung, still you're on par with my son's excuse for a history teacher - she wrote that it was Bentley

My apologies Probably you have elected the better course in not bothering to attempt open debate Bently had the mental age of 10 as well

Just for your information
    Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Along with meating this sort of punishment and sorting out the ' money for nothing' welfare system this will solve the crisis we have.
    I couldnt agree more gwapo bring back capital punishment imo

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I don't think capital punishment is a deterent at all. Murders are still commited in countries with a death penalty. The fact is the UK has one of the lowest murder rates per head of population anywhere in the world. Of the 620 or so cases John referred to, I wonder how many of those were intergang related murders. TBH those sort of murders are doing us all a favor by removing the drug pushing scum from the earth. I'd be interested to know what the 'real' number of murders is (excluding rival drug killings and drive bys)?
    Have you watched crimewatch lately the amount of innocent people that have been murdered for the sake of a few quid or there belongings some even tortured before they were murdered i agree there is a big problem with gang related murders but that doesn't alter the fact that capital punishment on the whole would have a big part in cutting down on these terrible crimes i mean what seems better 12yrs in prison or capital punishment it has to be the latter surely

i agree with you on the hanratty case but forensics & other investigations have come on leaps & bounds since the hanratty case

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    i agree with you on the hanratty case but forensics & other investigations have come on leaps & bounds since the hanratty case
    I'm surprised he's not mentioned a handwringing apology for slavery yet - ooops sorry I'm on the wrong thread atrocities of the British Empire and Gunboats is on the The Great Offices of State - The Home Office

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information