Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spouse visa application with a child

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

spouse visa application with a child

hi everyone

i married to a british man last nov.,2010 and im nearly 4 months pregnant this month of march.my husband is the father of the baby..its really difficult for both of us being apart from each other specially that we will have a baby soon..we cant apply for visa a few months ago because my husband got only part time job before and dont have enough savings .All his savings was spend during his vacation here last year and for our wedding..

but 2 weeks ago he got a full time job, but got only 200 pounds income a week..he cant have a savings of at least 100 pounds a week because he have to pay for his bills, rent of the house,his foods, fare going to work, and support us.

If it happen that we will apply for a spouse visa after giving birth here in Philippines to our child, i dont know if the ECO will consider the amount of disposable income he got out from his job provided that we have a baby to support already. we already losing our hope..

is there anyone could give us advice what to do?

your response and advice is much appreciated ..thank you ..

can't your husband ask help from families in UK to get you and your unborn baby out as it is sure that as spouse you need to be with your husband.

I'm sure there are some of forum members here did the same.

Don't worry, for sure people here in the forum can help you with answers soon.
    Life as we make it

hi purple

thank your for the response..my husband is living alone and he is really far from his family..his father is already died and his mother is already old and retired,no work already, receiving only pension from the government in UK..he got 2 sisters but they are not communicating more than 10 years already..he didnt hear from them anymore as they are not really close family.

im really looking forward for the advices of how can we sorted out my visa application.

i will be grateful for the help and advice you can give...thank you

My husband have a closed friend in UK..They are couple.They stand already as an adviser and just like a second parents to my husband.They are willing to co-sponsor my husband for my visa application after giving birth to our child..I would like to ask if the ECO will consider it knowing that they are not my husband's family or relatives..?
    im hoping for your response..thank you..

hello jeane i guess we are in the same boat tho our situation might differ a little but wot we have in common is the worry of how our husbands can get us considering we dont have the much money needed.

am sure other members of this forum will give u good sound advise.

hi marikistin

i think we really need miracle..with our situation, i dont know if there is any possibility to approve my visa..

i will really appreciate the advice they can give..

Quote Originally Posted by jeanelovesdeano View Post
    hi everyone

but 2 weeks ago he got a full time job, but got only 200 pounds income a week..he cant have a savings of at least 100 pounds a week because he have to pay for his bills, rent of the house,his foods, fare going to work, and support us.
    Why not apply for a Spouse Visa now??...your husband has a full time job....a salary is shown to come in every month and if no overdrawn in the bank statements I think you will have no problems at all???

I think you don't need a miracle ..you just need to work on it , explain in both you and husbands letter on how you will work on your finances when you are both together.

Goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Why not apply for a Spouse Visa now??...your husband has a full time job....a salary is shown to come in every month and if no overdrawn in the bank statements I think you will have no problems at all???

@ sars_notd_virus "thank you for the message..if it happen that we will apply after 3 months from now , is it ok even the savings of my husband could not reach 2000 pounds - 3000 pounds ?what if 2 or 3 months bank statement, will it be acceptable even the disposable income is not that good.?.do i need to let the ECO know that im pregnant?will this be against us?

im afraid they will turn down my application because i cant even work in UK to help the finances because have to take care of our baby when it is born already..

hope to hear from you..thank you

im afraid they will turn down my application because i cant even work in UK to help the finances because have to take care of our baby when it is born already..

hope to hear from you..thank you
    Hi Jean .............. Having a baby should not stop you from working in the UK. A large number of women in the UK with babies have no choice but to work to help support their family. Fortunately, there are registered childminders, creche and nursery facilities available to help with this (also after school and holiday clubs for school age children) but they do come with a cost.

You could also consider working in the evenings or weekends when your husband might be able to help out.

I went back to work full time when my son was only 5 months old as my ex husband and I couldn't afford not to at the time. It was hard work but we were all able to live more comfortably and it certainly didn't do my son any harm ..........

Stating the intention to work in your application could, in my opinion, add more substance to it.

Good luck with the application and your new forthcoming arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Hi Jean .............. Having a baby should not stop you from working in the UK. A large number of women in the UK with babies have no choice but to work to help support their family. Fortunately, there are registered childminders, creche and nursery facilities available to help with this (also after school and holiday clubs for school age children) but they do come with a cost.
    also depending on what you and your husband earns, once your here, you might be able to claim the child care element of tax credits, where the gov (tax payer0 will pay upto 80% of childcare costs. also once your here he should be able to claim child benefit.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I tend to agree with sars.
    In 3 months you are not gonna really have any significant savings (no offence)

As it stand right now your fiance needs to show approx £100 per disposable income each week for a couple
    If you have a child you need £160 per week disposable income.
    These numbers will incfrease slightly after April 6 2011

Disposable income means income after the rent or mortgage is paid plus other legally required payments.

I'm not too sure about council tax in the these days, maybe someone else has up-to-date info on that.

Anyways the disposable income does not includes food, transportation costs, etc etc

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I tend to agree with sars.
    In 3 months you are not gonna really have any significant savings (no offence)

As it stand right now your fiance needs to show approx £100 per disposable income each week for a couple
    If you have a child you need £160 per week disposable income.
    thank you terpe for the message..
    what worry us if we will apply now is that my husband have no savings yet amounting 2000-3000 pounds in his bank..will it be considered?

do we need to put in a letter that im pregnant?will this be against us?..

i will be glad to know your response..Thank you..

hi everyone

i hope you could give me advice regarding with this matter..we are already planning to apply for a spouse visa soon

.i would like to ask again if" do we need to put in a letter that im pregnant?will this be against us?."

i really need your advice ..thank you

thanks rosie and joe for the message...Does it mean that there will be no problem if I put that I am pregnan in the lettert? by the way,i will ask this again, my husband have a closed friend in UK..They are couple.They stand already as an adviser and just like a second parents to my husband.They are willing to co-sponsor my husband for my visa application .I would like to ask if the ECO will consider it knowing that they are not my husband's family or relatives..?
    im hoping for your response..thank you.

.....I would like to ask if the ECO will consider it knowing that they are not my husband's family or relatives..?
    im hoping for your response..thank you.
    Generally the answer is Yes, they can act as co-sponsors/3rd party sponsors , if it helps to meet the maintenance requirements and/or if they will be providing accommodation.
    They would also need to supply the same supporting documents as sponsor, eg passport page copies, banks statements and any permissions for accommodation that would be needed.
    A clear explanation of support would need to be made in writing.

thank u terpe for the information..i hope this will help the approval of my visa..we are planning to lodge my application in the 2nd week of May because my husband will wait for the latest 3 months of wage payslip and bank statements..by that time im already 6 months pregnant...this makes me worry now, i dont know until how many months the pregnant is allowed to travel by the plane..where will i ask about this matter?do u have any idea how many months the pregnant is allowed to travel by plane?..

by that time im already 6 months pregnant...this makes me worry now, i dont know until how many months the pregnant is allowed to travel by the plane..where will i ask about this matter?do u have any idea how many months the pregnant is allowed to travel by plane?..

If its uncomplicated pregnancy up to 36weeks ,but you should not worry about travelling now....worry about it once the visa is out.

Most airlines will allow pregnant women to fly up until the end of the 35th week of pregnancy.

I would suggest to get confirmation of this from the actual airline as not all are the same.
    Also If you leave it quite late it might be a good idea to have a letter from your doctor indicating the number of weeks you are and also that there are no medical restrictions placed on you.
    Just means that there are no complications

will it be ok if my husband doesn't have enough savings?lets say if he sell something and got only 500 pounds and put in a savings in the bank.he cant put more savings anymore because he will be the one to pay for my visa fee...will this be considered already?

It doesnt need to have a BIG amount of savings,what is important is how much money left after he paid all the bills and how much money left to support you once you are here,there should be NO overdrawn in any bank statements.

thank u sars for the response..im glad because you guys here in the forum are helping us with this matter.

how long will the process of visa goes?whats the maximum time of processing of the visa?

do i need to put in our letter that im pregnant already?will this be against in our application?

thank u sars for the response..im glad because you guys here in the forum are helping us with this matter.

how long will the process of visa goes?whats the maximum time of processing of the visa?

do i need to put in our letter that im pregnant already?will this be against in our application?
    your welcome, we are here to help.

check the link for visa processing times http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes ..some applicants are lucky to have their visa approved as quickly as 2days and some got it in weeks.
    I don't see any problem stating in your letter that you are pregnant.
    Goodluck again!!

hi sars..thank u so much for the information..if in case we will put in a letter that im pregnant,were thinking it will against us knowing that disposable income of my husband is not that enough to support us..whats the advantages if I put in a letter that im pregnant?

hi sars..thank u so much for the information..if in case we will put in a letter that im pregnant,were thinking it will against us knowing that disposable income of my husband is not that enough to support us..whats the advantages if I put in a letter that im pregnant?
    Honesty is always the best policy in everything!! and besides what is the logic that they will refuse your visa if you are pregnant?? ..A family should be together isn't it?

thank you sars for the message. I would like to ask another question,my husband is only renting an apartment. Is the letter from the tenant for accommodation is really handwritten or type written in the computer and have the tenant's signature?
    hope to hear from you. Thank you

thank you sars for the message. I would like to ask another question,my husband is only renting an apartment. Is the letter from the tenant for accommodation is really handwritten or type written in the computer and have the tenant's signature?
    typed and signed

By the landlord, not the tenant.
    The permission for rented properties needs to be from the landlord. Your husband is the tenant.
    I think you just got mixed up.

@sars thank u for the information..@ terpe, yes,what I mean is the letter from the landlord.. thank you for the correction..will make it right next time..lol..

i hope we can comply soon the papers we will need in the visa application.

By the way, i will take my english test soon.One of the requirements is the original passport..my current passport is in my single name..I cant wait already to wait for my passport using my married name because it take time to change my single name into married name in my passport, so i decided to take an english test exam using my single name in passport .
    .I will use my married name in the passport in applying the visa.

Will it be ok if it will appear in the result of my English test /certificate is the single name in my passport and married name in my passport in my visa application? hope to hear from u

is the letter for accomdation from the landlord handwritten?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    By the landlord, not the tenant.
    The permission for rented properties needs to be from the landlord. Your husband is the tenant.
    I think you just got mixed up.
    Just want to clarify with regards to this matter..I would like to ask if the letter permission from the landlord is handwritten or typewritten and have it signed?
    Whats the format in having a permission letter from the landlord?

i would be glad to hear from you all..thank u

Just want to clarify with regards to this matter..I would like to ask if the letter permission from the landlord is handwritten or typewritten and have it signed?
    Whats the format in having a permission letter from the landlord?

i would be glad to hear from you all..thank u
    As your hubby is renting he will need to provide a copy of the tenancy agreement. If you (the applicant) are not a signatory on the tenancy agreement
    then the landlord, or the agent, will need to provide a simple statement in a letter format confirming that they agree that their house/flat etc will be
    occupied by you as an additional person.
    Please note also that any existing tenancy agreement should have at least six months remaining before expiry of the agreement.
    If it doesn't, then again,the landlord, or the agent, will need to add to the letter another simple statement that they will agree to renew the tenancy
    agreement under the same terms and conditions as in the existing agreement.

So just simple statements are all that's needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information