Thread: Number of days allowed to spend outside UK???

Unhappy Number of days allowed to spend outside UK???

Hello Guys....

Anybody here can give me any information about the number of days allowed to spend outside UK while still holding FLR visa...

Some friends of mine says 90 days and some says there's no limit in days....Well, it made me confused

Any response is very much appreciated
    If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything

There does not seem to be a limit when applying for ILR, but if applying for citizenship after the residential qualifying period of 3 years, it states that you need to :-

• have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
    • have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...tnerofcitizen/

Ella, it also depends how long you are out of UK alone. If you would be 3 months or more continiously without your spouse it MIGHT cause the HO to question the marriage.
    Additionally, 3 months absence could break residency rules

Rusty thank you so much
    Been looking for a page in HO that would give me info about ILR but I couldn't find it ....
    The link that you sent me helps a lot...

Have a nice day...

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Ella, it also depends how long you are out of UK alone. If you would be 3 months or more continiously without your spouse it MIGHT cause the HO to question the marriage.
    Additionally, 3 months absence could break residency rules
    Hello Terpe
    Do you have any link about residency rules? If you don't mind can you send it to me?....Need to read it myself to have peace of mind...

Thank you so much....
    God bless

there is no limit to the number of days you can be out of the uk if you have FLR or a settlement visa, BUT THE UK IS SUPPOSE TO BE YOUR HOME !, so both friends are in fact right, there is no limit but its at the discretion of the Case worker if they allow your ILR app becuase of the number of days you've been out of the uk, unless you have a good reason for staying along time out of the uk, eg you or your husbands work, but to minimise any problems and to help you get citizenship asap stick to the 90 days a year if you can
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hiya Joe
    Hmnnn yeah your right....Better stick to 90 days....But I guess I 'll go to 89 days surely no complications

Thank you Joe I'm happy to read your response...

Have a nice day....
    God bless

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    there is no limit to the number of days you can be out of the uk if you have FLR or a settlement visa, BUT THE UK IS SUPPOSE TO BE YOUR HOME !, so both friends are in fact right, there is no limit but its at the discretion of the Case worker if they allow your ILR app becuase of the number of days you've been out of the uk, unless you have a good reason for staying along time out of the uk, eg you or your husbands work, but to minimise any problems and to help you get citizenship asap stick to the 90 days a year if you can
    I had a good reason of being outside the UK for llike 2 months due to the passing of my dad..and I understand that UKBA didn't really specify the limit.. but I'm just wondering if this would affect my application at public enquiry office knowing that I wont be able to complete the 2yr requirements before my visa would expire? Also, I am planning to apply at the PEO so that it would be a same-day service. They only accept straightforward applications, do you think my absence could make my application not straigtforward? Any idea will be appreciated. Thank you very much.

how many days in total have you been outside the uk in the 2yrs ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I have been outside the UK for 60 days. My visa would expire July 2012 but I am not planning anymore to travel. I am on FLR visa.

I am thinking that it's better if I'd send my ILR application next year by post so they can hold it until I'm able to complete the 2yr requirement..but if it can be processed at PEO then I would really prefer that because I don't want to be stressed thinking about the result.

Thanks joebloggs.

Quote Originally Posted by sadness2010 View Post
    I have been outside the UK for 60 days. My visa would expire July 2012 but I am not planning anymore to travel. I am on FLR visa.

I am thinking that it's better if I'd send my ILR application next year by post so they can hold it until I'm able to complete the 2yr requirement..but if it can be processed at PEO then I would really prefer that because I don't want to be stressed thinking about the result.

Thanks joebloggs.
    If you want to get a better idea of the number of absences allowed without any questions or special requirements take a look at the Naturalisation (British Citizenship) application form which indicates the numbers going back 3 years for spouse and 5 years for non-spouse.

Regarding the ILR application. The earliest you can apply is 28 days before the end of the qualifying period. Don't forget Life in The UK test must be passed.

60 days you should have no problems at all

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    60 days you should have no problems at all
    Yep

Ah right. Okay, thanks for the helpful replies.

Thread Information