Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
there is no limit to the number of days you can be out of the uk if you have FLR or a settlement visa, BUT THE UK IS SUPPOSE TO BE YOUR HOME !, so both friends are in fact right, there is no limit but its at the discretion of the Case worker if they allow your ILR app becuase of the number of days you've been out of the uk, unless you have a good reason for staying along time out of the uk, eg you or your husbands work, but to minimise any problems and to help you get citizenship asap stick to the 90 days a year if you can
I had a good reason of being outside the UK for llike 2 months due to the passing of my dad..and I understand that UKBA didn't really specify the limit.. but I'm just wondering if this would affect my application at public enquiry office knowing that I wont be able to complete the 2yr requirements before my visa would expire? Also, I am planning to apply at the PEO so that it would be a same-day service. They only accept straightforward applications, do you think my absence could make my application not straigtforward? Any idea will be appreciated. Thank you very much.