Thread: why come here

why come here

why would anyone want to come to this crap country. I know we are better off than some but we ar rapidly becoming a third world country which rips its people off at every opportunity. and if theres no opportunity they make a law so they can justify ripping us off. eg hastings insurance wanted £35 to send me an e mail with my insurance cert attached so i could tax the car!!!!!!!
    rented my place out to move with my job and rent down here to find the rent i get (which does not cover the mortgage)is taxable I get £525 tax man wants £100 of it.
    on the bright side they have give us a whole penny off the fuel and not put the outrageous tax planned for april on it. wow thanks.
    next breathing will be taxed

and heres me thinking you would be a happy person in your new merc and with cheaper fuel too,

Shrek.... Dedworth's hacked your account and made a post
    Keith - Administrator

I know what you mean Shrek! It seems nowadays there are more & more greedy companies getting away with thieving from their customers. Only today I was speaking to a fella who went to Oz in January. He hired a car from Avis and during the time he had it, one of the tyres was punctured and they've sent him a bill for approx £300 for a replacement tyre.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek48 View Post
    rented my place out to move with my job and rent down here to find the rent i get (which does not cover the mortgage)is taxable I get £525 tax man wants £100 of it.
    :
    I'd check that Ash. If you are renting a property out you can offset a variety of costs as legitimate business expenses:
    All mortgage interest
    Property insurance
    Letting management company charges
    Cost of any maintenance
    Accountancy fees
    Cost of any replacement furnishings and carpets

I have rental properties and have never paid any tax on the rental income. During periods of higher interest rates I was making a loss after all expenses were taken into account, and even though I am making a small profit now, I am able to offset the current profits against previous years losses.

If I were you, I would seek professional advice

Hi Ash,
    Maybe this will help you with your rental issue:-
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...me/DG_10013435

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek48 View Post
    why would anyone want to come to this crap country. I know we are better off than some but we ar rapidly becoming a third world country which rips its people off at every opportunity. and if theres no opportunity they make a law so they can justify ripping us off. eg hastings insurance wanted £35 to send me an e mail with my insurance cert attached so i could tax the car!!!!!!!
    on the bright side they have give us a whole penny off the fuel and not put the outrageous tax planned for april on it. wow thanks.
    next breathing will be taxed
    Best pose that question to the millions of people wanting to live here

As for Great Britain fast becoming a third world county, a slight exaggeration me thinks.

Great Britain . I love it

I love it

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Best pose that question to the millions of people wanting to live here

As for Great Britain fast becoming a third world county, a slight exaggeration me thinks.

Great Britain . I love it
    Me too gwap i personally wouldn't live anywhere else im too patriotic i suppose

thanks englishman 2010 will check that out.
    as i said i no we are better off than a lot of countries but no one can deny we are getting worse off by the day and with stuff like the pension age rising etc it does not look good. i am happy with my car and my life in general but am very concerned with the way its going. for example my pay bracket we are expected to be £750 a year worse off cos of this budget, and again i understand the need for it. but it hits ordinary people so hard when greed in our so called banks and big commercial companies!! whinge over
    bloody car is way cooland the sun has shone every day so far

Thread Information