Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filipino's Executed

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    nooooo...they are made of ground pork...
    yes

http://worldnews.freecyberzone.com/alert.htm
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbojac View Post
    I have had the { mis} fortune of visiting China 3 times and it is a very strange experience, it is a God-less place thats for sure, something sinister seems to pervade the atmosphere.
    I saw one poor guy, and admittedly i do not know the crime but he was bound by cable ties in a town square and routinely kicked by cops outside of a temporary Police post set up in the place.
    Whilst i hate drugs and the effects they have on all, i believe that we as humans have no rights to take another life, based on the knowledge that even if the accused is maybe 1% not guilty then that is enough to not act on the most barbaric of acts albeit State sanctioned.
    Incidentally i saw a report on Chinas record of human rights a number of years ago and 3 facts have haunted me ever since..............
    1... The death sentence can be carried out for even trivial crimes.
    2... Try this one.... a youngster with mental learning difficulties chased a young girl through a village and lifted her skirt up as a prank, { he had a proven very low mental age} he was a menace to that particular insular little village and yes you guessed it the council got together and he was executed, conveniently to get rid of him.*
    3... A once fashionable execution method was to shoot the victim through the head and then get the family to pay for the bullet!
    * i believe this happened in the nineties
    { Source Amnesty International}
    So, food for thought eh Folks!
    China has a population of 1.5 billion and a family policy of 1 child per family in other words a policy that would reduce the population, 36 % of the population are subject to this one child policy apparently, there are exceptions.

From memory they only had just over a billion when I was growing up 30 odd years ago, so it ain't worked very well.

Life is cheap in China, life is also cheap in the Philippines, harsh penalties deplete the surplus population to paraphrase a very famous British writer.

and also they have more boys than girls
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    Yes indeed BAB I remember that from long ago

the ladies can now choose who to marry, taking their pick of the better off men and leaving the rest to....
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

oops may be ive replied to a post in the wrong area.. as u see im not to bright on this sight yet...and ive worded that wrong re, the prescribed drugs by the companies.. ill just give one instance...thalidomide... which became one of the biggest medical tragedies of modern times... but yet this drug is still been prescribed in certain countries this day...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    Most Chinese families prefer to have a son rather than daughters..they said:

1. Boys can carry last name on but girls can't and will change.
    2. Back then when your girl is married, it is consider someone else's family. Not their original parents' anymore.
    3. In poor places, boys can work harder than girls since they are boys. And Boy's early ancestor are hunters.

whew! good thing my Chinese family/relatives aren't that strict! and most strict Chinese family would still want their kids to marry their own kind/nationality.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Why mix "EARTHWORMS" with my hamburger?
    >1. Earthworms are one of natures most complete food sources, so much that they are considered to be an excellent food source for special service operatives of various military forces throughout the world.

>2. Worms are full of calcium, vitamins, roughage and protein which makes them a complete food.
    >3. Earthworms have a nice concentration of protein in a little package near 70% percent on a dry weight basis and they are entirely edible and abundant to collect so that's why earthworms are very good meat replacement.
    >4. A pound of dried earthworm is 50-60% percent cheaper than quality inspected beef and other meat extenders/fillers.
    >5. Earthworms will grow at a much faster rate than on any other animal and abundant of supply.

>6. Earthworms contains chemical substances that makes it addictive.

>7. Powdered earthworms when blended with beef makes no difference, unnoticeably likes exactly 100% pure beef.
    >8. Dried earthworm taste and smells exactly like beef if cooked.
    Sounds better than the cack they put in McDonalds burgers!

Respected Member
    On druggies, Hitchens sums it up well in the Mail today:

According to the Sentencing Guidelines Council, you can now be found with a bag of dope big enough to pull your arm out of its socket and not be considered a serious criminal. Cue outrage.

But not from me. I do not understand why we treat drug-dealers as wicked, vicious criminals, while treating moronic, self-destructive drug-users as victims. It is users who bring misery to their families by wrecking their mental health. It is users who commit crime to pay for their pleasure. It is users who become a danger to their fellow creatures. If there were no users, there would be no dealers. Yet their numbers grow because possession of cannabis, cocaine and heroin is now effectively legal.

This is a limitlessly stupid and irresponsible policy, and the cause of endless misery and crime. The sooner we realise the extent of the Government’s surrender to drugs, the sooner we may come to our senses and reverse it. But will we?

The senior levels of politics are full of people who have taken drugs, or have friends who take drugs. What would happen if a mid-level Minister were revealed as a recent user of cocaine, or a Cabinet Minister found to have attended a recent party where cocaine was openly snorted?

Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Paul View Post
    On druggies, Hitchens sums it up well in the Mail today:
    If there were no users, there would be no dealers. if there was no dealers there would be no users

while treating moronic, self-destructive drug-users as victims.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resource...ple-take-drugs.

i wonder if hitchens ever took any drugs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

yes but he didnt swallow
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    ...thalidomide... which became one of the biggest medical tragedies of modern times... but yet this drug is still been prescribed in certain countries this day...
    Thalidomide was banned worldwide nearly 50 years ago as a sedative preventing morning sickness in pregnancy. It had been found to cause severe birth defects in around 12,000 children in many countries. The drug is indeed used today for very different reasons.
    Its effects on the immune system, inflammation and blood vessels means that it is used with other drugs for multiple myeloma ( a bone marrow cancer) in the UK. It may also be used for complications of AIDS and leprosy.
    Pregnancy must of course be ruled out for women of child-bearing potential before starting treatment. Men undergoing treatment also need to use condoms if their partner is pregnant or not using effective contraception. In fact drugs should be prescribed in pregnancy only if the benefit to the mother is expected to be greater than the risk to the fetus. No drug is safe beyond doubt in early pregnancy.
    Adverse reactions and deaths from such reactions to prescription drugs are very carefully monitored these days. They only account for a third of deaths from drug usage recorded in the UK. Such deaths account for less than 1% of the total in the UK. Smoking causes around 20% and alcohol 2%. It is true that deaths indirectly caused by illegal drug usage and alcohol abuse, such as accidents, violence, and HIV infection, may not be recorded as due to those agents.
    As always, I don't sit in judgement, but try to provide facts as accurately as they are known, so members may form their own opinions.

Respected Member
    If there were no users, there would be no dealers. if there was no dealers there would be no users
    Not true. Where is the dealer in the situation of people producing for their own personal use? This is how many dealers start out and from where all initial drugs use stems. Whereas if everyone decides not to take or stops taking illegal drugs in the first place, you can't deal to anyone. Demand creates supply, not the other way around. Of course, we're always going to have drugs and drug users but the question is: what is the best approach to managing the situation? I think our approach is pretty crap because in truth, we've got no real conviction with regards to drugs. This idea of users as victims just illustrates the point.

while treating moronic, self-destructive drug-users as victims.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resource...ple-take-drugs.
    Probably some truth in all those reasons but missing a major one perhaps: a criminal justice system that doesn't take possession seriously enough. So the vicious circle just continues for many users. They use, they get caught for possession, they aren't punished harshly (or at all), they continue to use. Whereas in many cases, a long custodial sentence with no access to drugs, may have been a far better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Paul View Post
    Not true. Where is the dealer in the situation of people producing for their own personal use? .
    so how many people produce heroin for their own use, soon as they give it or sell it to someone else their a dealer.

i thought it was easier to get drugs in prison that the outside

its no harder that tells us something joe
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    so how many people produce heroin for their own use, soon as they give it or sell it to someone else their a dealer.
    Not many but loads of dealers started out producing a bit of cannabis for their own personal use. The same with pills. Ravers were producing it for themselves, then started dealing. Fact remains, we're always going to have drug users, with or without dealers. It doesn't work the other way around. If there was no demand there can be no supply.

i thought it was easier to get drugs in prison that the outside
    It's not hard, by all accounts. Just part of the problem. Slap on the wrist or community sentences and then eventually when they send you down, you're still able to get the drugs. It is a case for sorting prisons out, not for not sending people guilty of possessing drugs to prison!

the facts are appreciated too doc.

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    its no harder that tells us something joe
    whats that keith ? prison is full of drug addicts? oh hang on, not all drug addicts are in prison , maybe those who commit crimes are in prison

A real pity anyone had to die. Assuming that they had indeed committed their crimes intentionally, the choice was theirs! I hope that other intending mules will reconsider their options. At the end of the day we all have choice. True though, that not everyone is aware of the breadth of choice available to them.

So many suffer as a consequence of abuse, depndency, compulsion, etc. The weight of this suffering cannot be underestimated.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

whats that keith ? prison is full of drug addicts? oh hang on, not all drug addicts are in prison , maybe those who commit crimes are in prison
    It was your point about drugs being very easy to get in prison

Why would that be except that

a) there is big demand

but surely the Prisons are controlled space???

b) the authoraties dont really mean what they say theres a vested interest in keeping the whole thing going hypocrasy smoke and mirrors
    Absit invidia

do wat the dutch do.. grew it ,sell it, ... nice earner for the government... gosh i wonder how much revenue that brings in...

nice earner for the government
    Pinas used to be the worlds 2'nd largest marihuana producing country after Mexico,several years ago a pinoy governmental minister suggested decriminalising grass as a way of earning dollars,his suggestion was given short thrift,your right however Hollands soft marijuana policy does bring large numbers of tourists into the country and cash into the dutch coffers,look at the plane-loads of americans who descend upon the city during the 420 or Cannabis cup.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    The annual tax revenue from alcohol and smoking in the UK is approximately 18 bn GBP, and the cost to the NHS of treating the illnesses they cause around 8 bn GBP.
    York University has estimated the cost of illegal drug abuse to UK society - including crime and NHS - up to 18.8 bn - obviously with no tax revenue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    oops may be ive replied to a post in the wrong area.. as u see im not to bright on this sight yet...and ive worded that wrong re, the prescribed drugs by the companies.. ill just give one instance...thalidomide... which became one of the biggest medical tragedies of modern times... but yet this drug is still been prescribed in certain countries this day...
    My mother was offered Thalidomide while she was carrying me. She never took up the offer.

My friend Leo was not so fortunate, his mum did which caused him to contract polio.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    The annual tax revenue from alcohol and smoking in the UK is approximately 18 bn GBP, and the cost to the NHS of treating the illnesses they cause around 8 bn GBP.
    York University has estimated the cost of illegal drug abuse to UK society - including crime and NHS - up to 18.8 bn - obviously with no tax revenue.
    Interesting stats Doc of course re Booze there is a huge crime associated figuer in there some where criminal damage,asaults on third parties etc as well as revenues conected with employment in leisure industries etc fixed penalty fines

The "skunk trade" is more and more grown in the UK where the money generated also finds its way back into the economy as well as asset seizures by law enforcement ,its a complex subject and desrves more research
    Absit invidia

Banned
    It always astounds me that drugs crimes have such high penalties in many countries, yet pedophiles and rapists receive such short sentences in comparison. Of course, there's always the argument about how many lives are ruined through drugs, but nobody questions CIA drug running and how opium production has increased since the allied occupation in Afghanistan

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    My mother was offered Thalidomide while she was carrying me. She never took up the offer.

My friend Leo was not so fortunate, his mum did which caused him to contract polio.
    It was lucky your Mum did not take thalidomide . You might like to read my post on it. One birth defect caused by thalidomide was phocomelia ( shortened limbs), but there are also other causes.
    I'm sorry to know about your friend Leo. However, polio is caused by a virus. Have a look at my thread "Good news about polio" in the "Travel, Tips and Advice" section. No drug causes polio and there is no drug to treat it. Thankfully the vaccine has ensured that Europe and the Philippines have been polio free for about a decade

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    It was lucky your Mum did not take
    Going by some of his posts I think she did but never told him
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Going by some of his posts I think she did but never told him
    hmmmmm, come on Boss, your humour is usually of a higher quality, bit playgroundish and offenive in my opinion.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

The "skunk trade" is more and more grown in the UK where the money generated also finds its way back into the economy as well as asset seizures by law enforcement ,its a complex subject and desrves more research
    At the upper end of the hydro industry are the viets,exactly the same way they dominated the canadian scene back in the late 80's early 90's they are now heading the UK scene,the profits are laundered,often through the nail-bar industries and restaurants,then sent back to S/E Asia,the chinese are also now getting into the canna-business because of the massive amounts of profits generated by even a single house.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information