Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrio Fiesta London 2005

ok Cielo, thats great, I will see if I can coordinate that for both days, for some on Saturday and maybe some on Sunday, I might go even for both days, I will get a list of who is coming on each day, and try and coordinate that, i just spoke to Gina in Philippines and she told me that the event is already being advertised on t.v. there, and she has seen that a t.v. crew is coming to send live pictures back to the Philippines, hmmm great stuff.

As for my website, I have the blog at http://www.ginapeterb.mutiply.com and my personal website at http://www.british-filipino.com so you can have lots of fun building sites, the website took me 5 weeks to build and up to 5 hours a day encoding as I dont use front page or other builders, i write the code my self from scratch, heheheeh it takes longer, the java scriting I canablize from other sites, and alter to suit my needs, like the floating love hearts on my engagement page, I canabalized that also..hehehehe, I love javascripting, you can do amazing things with it.

As for Tagalog, I am learning Tagalog and also Ilongo, but it takes time, hey mag-balik ka ha ! so early in the morning di ba ? pero..hindi tutolog ka ba ? Keith will hate us for this, he doesnt speak the lingo..heheheheheheheheh and Rob in the valley only knows one Tagalog word, baaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaa

Administrator
    that is the worlds greatest city, London
    You REALLY need to get out more

Here we have FRESH AIR...remembet that? We don't get charged for for using the roads we already pay for. It's not a terrorist target (mainly cos no one knows our village exists), and beer isn't £5 a pint.

...and not forgetting animal farm sex :o :huh:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

I do wake up quite early :lol: been like that since I was 10 years old!

Originally posted by mrsfrivolity@Jun 16 2005, 10:12 AM
    I do wake up quite early :lol: been like that since I was 10 years old!

Keith always brings his own brand of humour to the forum which is always welcome, our host has always got a joke or two, havent you mate !!! but you know for those of you who dont understand the UK and our regions, Keith is a scouser, so he would speak in his own language which goes like this "Get off me bloody coat, what do you think it is..a bloody door mat" or maybe this "A Pint of Lager a packet of crisps and a curly wurly" hehehehe, but you would have to hear him say it to find its another language, and as for that lot in Newcastle Upon Tyne, well dont worry you wont understand them at all...why ay man !!

then if you go further north past Jedburgh, then forget it, those are the Celts up there, and then you really are in foreign territory.

If you say no to London you sa no to life...hehehehe

Administrator
    then if you go further north past Jedburgh
    Pete, your a GENIUS....'Jedburgh' just won at Royal Ascot at 8/1

Not sure we'll make the Festival, but we'll get the nieces wedding in Dartford out the way first this weekend, and see how it goes down there.

Birmingham...."...is it cos I'm black!&#33 :blink:

Bradford....."put, put, put, put, put......" :P

London....."Would one answer the dog and bone would one please"

Glasgow....."hjvojornconwyeojshqwieyiuxjikh..."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Respected Member
    Glasgow....."hjvojornconwyeojshqwieyiuxjikh..."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith I'm from Glasgow, the translation for the above is " mines a pint and a half "(whiskey) :lol:

Pete, Hounslow central is the nearest tube and it's on the Piccadilly line. Parking will be a problem, there are a couple of small car parks but they are small !! Maybe they'll open the civic centre for parking but if not probably best to park at the top of Lampton road and walk down.

scouse " aw rite der la "

Gerry

Administrator
    Yer wa? Dats fighten talk wer I cum from :P

I used to hang around with an alcoholic Glaswegian, only understood him when I was pissed as well :lol:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Filipino conversation translation - an example of supreme efficiency in the minimum use of words and syllables:

"Be"
    [excuse me Baby, could I have your attention for a minute?]

"Oh"
    [yes certainly, what do you want]

"Itoh"
    [that thing you were asking me about before, it's over if if you fancy coming over to have a look]

"Ate?"
    [pardon me my dear elder sister, I didn't catch what you said]

"Itoh"
    [I said it's over here, do you want to come and look]

"Oh"
    [oh, I see, yes, I noticed it earlier, but thanks for pointing it out again in case I'd missed it, I'll have another look anyway]

"Sige"
    [ok, come on then it's just here]

A true description of a conversation between my wife and her sister on our last visit. To the uninitiated, this could almost sound like a series of indistinguishable and meaningless grunts and monkey sounds.....

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Parking is no problem. Just drive right there. In previous years when the car park is full they allow you to use the park/playing field. So dont mess about with the tube etc. Of course, THIS year may be different.
    I feel that Saturday is the best day, as I think that the stallholders are getting a bit tired by Sunday.
    We will be coming up from Kent too.......but I don't know what day yet, as I havn't recieved my orders :huh:

Administrator
    We will be coming up from Kent too
    You make Kent sound so far from London It'll take me, and Rob, about 4hrs drive, but we'll all be dossing down in Pete's for the night :lol:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hey I have had a great idea............

Why not do what all westerners do when in the Phils ? Either look at the floor, or pretent you have not seen the other western guy with his girl ! This is always a constant source of entertainment for us, especially when you can see the other guy NOT looking :lol:

Why is this ? Surely not everyone is embarrassed to be seen there ?

Why not do what all westerners do when in the Phils ? Either look at the floor, or pretent you have not seen the other western guy with his girl ! This is always a constant source of entertainment for us, especially when you can see the other guy NOT looking :lol:
    Yes thats true, i have noticed that myself, walking in malls, I have seen lots of Western Guys with their girls, I have tried to nod and say Hi, like "Hello mate Im from UK" with my eyes, the chances are though they are probably yanks and want respond, I notice with the Brits, they do respond, I sometimes wear an England shirt in town, and Brits will talk to me immedeatly as they feel comfortable, I bumped into a guy with his girl at the NSO, he came over to me straight away, as I had on England shorts, it depends on whether people feel able to make a conversation easily, Im not sure if Western guys tend to look down on the floor, although i do take your point, sometimes they dont want to stop and chat, so they look the other way, I find also, that my wife knows so many people in town, we are constantly stopping in SM to chat with her freinds, and most of the time they are not freinds, just long term acquaintances, or maybe High School freinds, or former colleagues, I must admit, I do not look down at the floor, nor do i seek toa void eye contact with other Western men with Filipina's but they do it to me, so you have made a very valid point.

Whether we should adopt your suggestion for meeting up at the Barrio Festival, I think we should not avoid each other and look down on the floor as geeeeeze there are going to be thousands of brits there so i dont think looking down at the grass is going to work, do you take my point ? and wearing England shirts, isnt going to make much difference, but thanks for thinking about it anyway, you made a very good and honest point about the way that Western guys seek to avoid having contact with others, its not that their ashamed to be with their Filipina, its just that they are not freindly I guess, but I put those ones to be mainly Americans, the Brits are freindly and will stop for a natter.

Originally posted by smallfry@Jun 17 2005, 09:55 PM
    Hey I have had a great idea............

Why is this ? Surely not everyone is embarrassed to be seen there ?
    Smallfry, you are exactly right, lol. I noticed this happening a lot when I was there. The only times British guys felt comfortable talking was inside the Embassy, and that was usually to offload the sheer utter frustration most of them found when dealing with Embassy staff.

It did depend sometimes on where you were. A lot of our time was spent in the Greenbelt/Makati areas, where we were based, and in those areas, it didn't really happen as much. Not that people were really friendly, there were still very few conversations, but the reason (it felt to me) was more due to the fact that the people in this area were just busy going about their day, not that they were embarrassed, and were no more inclinced to stop and have a chat than the daily commuters on the London Underground are disposed to breaking out into spontaneous conversation.

But, when you went to the less "businessy" areas, such as Mega Mall (a personal non-favourite of mine), where you would occasionally see a british 'visitor' with his wife (you can always distinguish them from the expats, as they are the ones wandering around in shorts), they would, as you say, look downright embarrassed.

But, as a British/white guy with a filipina wife, the embarrassed avoidance of white GUYS is nothing compared to the scornful looks you get from English/white FEMALES in the Philippines. I think they sometimes assume that if there is a British/filipina relationship, it must mean she is a prostitute and he is a sex tourist. Most probably derived from their female jealousy - lets face it, it must be hard for your average dumpy and pasty-faced comparative giant of a woman when ending up in a country full of cute and pretty women - she instantly ends up at the back of the 'fit' queue and gets NO attention whatsoever.

In the end, I put the embarrassment of a lot of britishamerican guys there with a filipino gf/wife down to the fact they either (a ) were embarrassed about HOW they met or (b ) felt that everyone else was assuming they were some sordid sex tourist taking their latest concubine out to buy some gold, and felt unconfortable about it.

But you're right - for some reason, in the Philippines more than elsewhere, other "white" guys do, on the whole, seem to go out of their way to avoid eye contact with other white guys. When I first arrived, if I were passing another 'white' guy, I'd do the customary raising of the eyebrows or little smile of acknowledgement, and got nothing back, so in the end I stopped bothering. After a few years, I noticed a guy smiling at me who I had previously been ignoring, not because I was deliberately trying to avoid him, but because I had gotten so used to the normal non-contact between white guys, it didn't even cross my mind to acknowledge him. So maybe it's all just a vicious circle.

Of course, being very polite, once I realised, I did acknowledge him. Height of manners, me.

Administrator
    People AVOID me in this country!!!! :unsure:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

"lets face it, it must be hard for your average dumpy and pasty-faced comparative giant of a woman when ending up in a country full of cute and pretty women - she instantly ends up at the back of the 'fit' queue"

:lol: Ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho hee hee hee :lol:

You are right on there ! When I look around me here I have to believe in miracles.....i.e. the immaculate conception. After all, how ELSE could it happen ?

And yes, the Engishman abroad.......Shorts, white socks pulled up, and leather sandals :huh: I cannot believe I am seeing it sometimes. If this is you, pleeeeeeeeese dont do it, you look absolutely ridiculous ! Ditch the socks NOW ! Are you not aware that the locals find this hilarious ?

So whats happening then ? Is everyone going to meet up ? We are up for it.

Administrator
    Maybe all meet under the Eiffel Tower, it won't be so crowded so easy to spot everyone?
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

So whats happening then ? Is everyone going to meet up ? We are up for it.
    We are too.We'll be there Sunday.

To those who are coming, if you could all PM your mobile nos to Peter, he can be the talent coordinator :lol:

My party will be there on Sunday. See you soon.

Respected Member
    We will be there any day only if our little boss allow. He's only 3 mos+ and another thing if we will be there he might be bombing all the time so please excuse him in advance.

Hey not terrorist ok what I mean is farting. Kayo talaga....

Administrator
    Sounds a bit like my wife Why do Filipino's have to eat so much gas producing greenery.....?? :o
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information