Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filipina SNOB!!

I know the Wife now she has been here for sometime doesn't like to be only spoken to because of her race/nationality but helps if a person can only be helped by her I wouldn't make a big point when in phill of speaking to someone soley becasue they white or british.

If in phill a brit walked past loads of phills to say hi just to me i'd most likely ignore them unless it was assitance only I as a Brit could give..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

absolutely correct..
    hi girl..im back ..

Quote Originally Posted by mrandmrsfox View Post
    absolutely correct..
    hi girl..im back ..
    welcome back dear, miss yah and cya soon
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hmmmm i have the opposite problem, my GF is always thinking that other people are better than her! God knows why cos she is delightful in every way, very polite, great company and of course beautiful looking. I believe it is because her family is poor even by Phils standards. My mission is to ingrain in her that she is every bit as good as other Pinays we meet that are better educated and come from a more monied background.
    Starting with the books and dvds that i am getting her for the laptop. { really happy that she wants to learn rather than watch the endless soaps on TV etc! }
    Being serious it seems a common endemic issue in the Phils that many see themselves inferior to others and i was genuinely shocked when my GF first told me that she was "not as good" as somone we had just met, this concept is quite alien to us in the West and it seems to me a tragic attitude to think of yourself as not as good as another human being.

Trusted Member
    It's all an accident of birth of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    so far i havent encountered any snob filipino... i had walk pass some filipina at shopping center giving me smiles and the filipina eyebrows movement which i find really interesting how we communicate with just the eyebrows...
    Would any filipina/o be prepared to issue guidance on this "communication with the eye brows" technique? I noticed it when I was there, but didnt pay much attention at the time as I didnt realise its significance. Much appreciated

Trusted Member
    Don't forget the pursing of the lips too.

indeed Graham...

I have heard it said that Filipinas who have come here to work and have "made it on ther own" feel superior or jealous of the pretty ones who just gave themselves to foreign husbands. Well if that is how they feel so be it and more fool them.
    After sort of studying this a bit I did notice however that there is a proportion if not large of the foriegn husband wives who do not exactly help this in that they themselves are very "showy" look what I have types both in their dress sense and their interactions with other filipinas. It is a small proportion but as always they stand out and tar all with the same brush.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Trusted Member
    Then again, look at some of the British women abroad...well, maybe not.

Then again, look at some of the British women abroad...well, maybe not.
    I was in Benidorm last week as my mate wanted to watch sticky vickies showI got chatting to a liverpudlian lady with a scorpion tattoo'd on her neckMy brother has been around a bit,para's etc,he looks positively effeminate compared to her

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    I mourn the passing of the sweet, feminine and slender, slightly shy 'English rose'.
    Still a few, but a rarity.

Alcohol, tattoos, foul language, conduct like a bitch on heat, once the characteristics of a gangster's moll or a prostitute, now almost becoming the norm for an average British female teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I mourn the passing of the sweet, feminine and slender, slightly shy 'English rose'.
    Still a few, but a rarity.

Alcohol, tattoos, foul language, conduct like a bitch on heat, once the characteristics of a gangster's moll or a prostitute, now almost becoming the norm for an average British female teenager.
    You are so right, my mahalhas a cousin who lives up in little town north of Blackpool, very quaint sort of reiterement place Poulton Le Fylde. One saturday evening I took Ligaya for a drive along the esplanade in Blackpool,

vomiting in the street, piddling in alleys, half naked drunken tatooed women in packs, to say she was shocked is putting it mildly!!!.

At the end of the day, if you are happy and contented with what you have and in your own relationship, you are probably a lot happier than they are or will ever be. In my view, only those who are discontented have the inclination and time to look down at others.

Re. the comment about not being over friendly to fellow foreigners when in da Phils - I'm occasionally guilty of that. The reason being that I've seen so much ignorance and arrogance displayed by foreigners (mainly American) that I almost expect the worst on the rare occasions I've seen one in remote locations. 1 even made really ignorant statements about Filipinos with my wife next to me. She calmed me down for his sake!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Newbie (Restricted Access) kagumi19's Avatar
    where the same...

Trusted Member
    I respect the perceptions of other members and certainly don't see the world through rose-tinted spectacles ( see the Health Section ).
    However, my glass is half full, rather than half empty, even if it's not always red wine.
    Teenage girls in the UK do better in exams (GCSE's and A levels) than boys. This goes some way to explaining why well over half of medical students here are female. Most are dedicated and many are attractive, even if some are discretely tattooed.
    Two thirds of the filipino community in the UK contribute to the healthcare sector. Most are too busy caring for the sick and elderly to behave as snobs, and when they're not working or at home, they are active in local filipino groups and societies.
    As for the Philippines, maybe I was lucky during my visit last year to meet friendly and trustworthy filipinos, some of whom were forum members. I was made welcome wherever I went - no snobs in my encounters. Who knows, I guess a friendly and positive attitude helps

Agreed Doc we are generalising and unfortuantely televison shows like Katie, Kerry Katona, and Jeremy Kyle are far more numerous and "popular" than the young musician of the year, or university challenge, a sign of what the media think the current UK audience is. It is a sad reflection in my opinion. There are many well educated, well behaved teenagers and young ladies out there, just they do not make good TV for the masses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information