Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filipina SNOB!!

Filipina SNOB!!

Have you encountered some?

I was walking in the outlet village yesterday,noticed a woman who has the same skin color as me and speaks tagalog to his son ,..i was smiling when i passed by them and was going to say'hi',but was intimidated because she uttered and speaks slang in a posh manner like a british woman can hahaha i dribbled on my nose laughing and carry on walking.

Does it really gets into the head once a filipina lives here in england for long years? Aw mi gash!! what an attitude!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

We encountered the same in Chow King last year. There were not many tables left as it was busy, so we ordered and sat down next to this posh looking filipina woman and her son (very well dressed). It was quite clear that she turned her nose up at us, or maybe my mahal for having a 'white' boyfriend. Charie asked if she could pass the salt over from her table 3 times before I just took it. She clearly didnt want to sit on the next table to us. Next thing, she gets up tells her son to pick up his food and they go sit on another table on the other side of the shop.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Plenty of mayabang filipinos in the world.

Though most that I have met here in the UK are not mayabang.

Respected Member
    I encountered that like in here also. I smile at her and her response is talking to her baby in her trying hard accent lol. When she passed on our way she snob me like she didnt see us, with her Eiffel tower eyebrow lol. So I said to my husband in a loud voice that there's a trying hard freak monkey around. Hope she heard that. Lol

so far i havent encountered any snob filipino... i had walk pass some filipina at shopping center giving me smiles and the filipina eyebrows movement which i find really interesting how we communicate with just the eyebrows...

Trusted Member
    I'm just grateful if ANY Filipina here LOOKS at me.

If I'm with my son he attracts a few glances from Filipinas and Thai ladies....much more when we're in the Phils.

I'm just the tired old man with him.

My ex used to say that at any Filipino get-togethers she attended, the conversation mostly revolved around material possessions or how rubbish their mahal was in bed. Glad I usually wasn't there to hear it. ....normally just the chauffeur.

never encounter any of them...probably seen one in asda with her kids but it doesn't bother me or maybe i guess its the other way around...as some of my friends says i look like snob!!!...

Banned
    What ive encountered is, pinas who's been here a number of years blow out like human Mrs Blobby's

I think it should be stated on the ilr, if you start that nonsense, your privilege will be revoked thus, sent back.

A good incentive to stay in shape me thinks.

Snobs!!! Hmmm .... Every time I went in a restaurant with Rayna, she'd say to thw waiter ... don't sit me next to this scouse
    Keith - Administrator

i never met any filipina like that in the uk yet, probably i always chat and smiled at any filipina evry time i get a chance.
    what is worst is those filipina in the philippines who acts so snob just because they are married to a foreigner,the way they tried so hard to speak and put a posh accent makes me sick and make me wanna

We've discovered a number of undesirable traits from 'long-time' Filipina's here in UK.
    If ever we see a Filipina we always smile, acknowledge and say something.
    Yes, it's true we have encountered a few snobs who really don't want to know us.
    So what! We are not phased by them, and we will always be who we are and we will continue to acknowledge, approach and speak.

I know it's off-topic, but I have often found that when I'm in the Phils it's the same for me (white guy) in reverse. Especially beach, shopping mall etc. Very Very often another westerner just does not want to acknowledge me, no matter how much I look or smile or nod or whatever............... Crazy. They just look away like I am not there.
    Bad luck for them

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    We've discovered a number of undesirable traits from 'long-time' Filipina's here in UK.
    Yes, it's true we have encountered a few snobs who really don't want to know us.
    So what! We are not phased by them, and we will always be who we are and we will continue to acknowledge, approach and speak.

I know it's off-topic, but I have often found that when I'm in the Phils it's the same for me (white guy) in reverse. Especially beach, shopping mall etc. Very Very often another westerner just does not want to acknowledge me, no matter how much I look or smile or nod or whatever............... Crazy. They just look away like I am not there.
    Bad luck for them
    I think you'll find that it's just life, regardless of what race, colour or creed people are. Some will acknowledge you, engage in conversation with you and others will ignore you.

As I'm a smoker, i always have to smoke outside of buildings, if there's another smoker there I'll always try to spark up a conversation with them, some will be quite chatty and others wont want to talk to me....it's no loss to me if they wont chat back

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ...i find really interesting how we communicate with just the eyebrows...

Lol. that's true... we Filipinos communicate with just the eyebrows. haha! with funny facial expressions too!

I am sorry for those people who encountered 'snob' Filipinas... Some are really just jealous that we have good looking 'white' partners

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medg22 View Post
    I am sorry for those people who encountered 'snob' Filipinas... Some are really just jealous that we have good looking 'white' partners
    Best comment of the day, you deserve a rep point for that

Banned

Bad luck for them
    L ook at it from there point of view, they probably just dont want to talk, maybe just had words with the wife, who knows, its nobodies bad luck, just people going about there life without being earmarked in some exclusive club.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Best comment of the day, you deserve a rep point for that
    Haha! Hooray! Thank you (but it's real)

Banned
    As for communicating with eyebrows, I agree. You forget pouting and the most important skill one has to acquire seriously quickly is mind reading.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    What ive encountered is, pinas who's been here a number of years blow out like human Mrs Blobby's

Yes,shes also a bloater...If Imay assess about six layers, maybe 6years being here in the uk

True,...A simple 'hi' will do no harm,...acknowledge and say goodbye after

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    True,...A simple 'hi' will do no harm,...acknowledge and say goodbye after
    That's just the way we see it too. Why be difficult or 'snobish', we're all equal.

its funny when we walk past each other how many try to be busy or just turn the other way, it makes me smile, my dad use to say we humans are the most ignorant things on this planet even dogs great each other by sniffing each ones ...., and i have not done that yet either

Aw mi gash!! what an attitude!!
    You need to be careful with your slang Sars ask your hubby
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    You need to be careful with your slang Sars ask your hubby
    Aw mi gash!!!...I don't need to ask my hubby keith, I know how to behave myself and know when to use my words

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Snobs!!! Hmmm .... Every time I went in a restaurant with Rayna, she'd say to thw waiter ... don't sit me next to this scouse
    thats a proper snob

i agree with medge22 i think thats why some filipina are snob especially in the philippines i had encountered lots of them in makati when im with my partner walking around shoppong malls or just every where, some are really harsh, they even say bad things like how handsome ur partner and how ugly the filipina compared to the foreign guy with their loud voice so that everyone could hear, its a shame how some people react if u have a foreign partner. i know everyone is different but being a filipina this attitude doesnt make me proud....

My mahal gets quite mad when she sees these snobs, and I can see why. It appears that some see having a white partner/husband as a status thing. My Mahal tells me that her mother told her when she was young that she 'must never forget where she came from', and to be honest, I dont think I have changed her or her attitude. She can talk to anyone ... and does, she never ignores people or snubs them. But some do have a 'holyier than thou attitude' not nice, either here or there

Maybe these filipinas are only insecure, but this doesn't apply to filipinas I think. I've seen some whites who can be snobbish.
    Even though it is our traits to be friendly specially to our fellow "kabayan" let's not be down if they have that negative attitude. Instead, let's make it a habit to be nice at all times... nothing will be lost.. and it's not our lost anyway. It's theirs who are trying hard.
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Instead, let's make it a habit to be nice at all times...
    I agree, it is easy to be nice and be true to yourself.

Have you encountered some?

I was walking in the outlet village yesterday,noticed a woman who has the same skin color as me and speaks tagalog to his son ,..i was smiling when i passed by them and was going to say'hi',but was intimidated because she uttered and speaks slang in a posh manner like a british woman can hahaha i dribbled on my nose laughing and carry on walking.

Does it really gets into the head once a filipina lives here in england for long years? Aw mi gash!! what an attitude!!

its so sad to say but there r really filipinas like that and personally i do encountered some of them like in the shop, shoping mall... as they said, just a simple "hi -- hello"

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    its funny when we walk past each other how many try to be busy or just turn the other way, it makes me smile, my dad use to say we humans are the most ignorant things on this planet even dogs great each other by sniffing each ones ...., and i have not done that yet either
    dont you sniff steve when we see each other lol..
    anyway have fun in scotland with the rest...shame we coudn't join you guys and im blaming hubbys work grrr...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information