Thread: marriage and visa

marriage and visa

hi all.im getting married in the philippines in august,i need some advise.i plan to arrive in the philippines on the 6th,exchange my cni for the local one the same or next day.we have planned to get married on the 18th,is this possible if we have all the correct paperwork.also now long after the wedding can my wife apply for a spouce visa.i will be there for only 3 weeks.can anyone help please.

Quote Originally Posted by denehazel View Post
    hi all.im getting married in the philippines in august,i need some advise.i plan to arrive in the philippines on the 6th,exchange my cni for the local one the same or next day.we have planned to get married on the 18th,is this possible if we have all the correct paperwork.also now long after the wedding can my wife apply for a spouce visa.i will be there for only 3 weeks.can anyone help please.
    If all paper works are ready, yes she can apply visa no prob.

Here's the thread from dave bout how Marriage certificate works after wedding.http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....age+certficate

Your thread is here http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2717

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2736

Next?

Boss,Rob,Joebloggs,empott,andypaul,baboyako,Philip,tigertigress,eljean,chrisirene,vbkelly... have i missed someone?

Your costumer guys!!!
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

yea scotts.. show us yer pic

please can you tell me how long after the wedding can my wife apply for a visa

Banned
    please can you tell me how long after the wedding can my wife apply for a visa
    She can apply for the visa as soon as the Marriage Cerificate has been authenicated by the NSO. This can take up to 28 days. Make sure all the other documentation is in order in a meantime.

thanks rob.it was not what i wanted to hear,but nothing to be done about it.it means now my wife will have to apply on her own,she will not be happy.one more thing does she need my passport to apply,this would be hard as i need it to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsfiancee View Post
    Boss,Rob,Joebloggs,empott,andypaul,baboyako,Philip,tigertigress,eljean,chrisirene,vbkelly... have i missed someone?

Your costumer guys!!!
    I'll pass for now Scots
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    yea scotts.. show us yer pic
    Scots your pic is still wanted here
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

thanks rob.it was not what i wanted to hear,but nothing to be done about it.it means now my wife will have to apply on her own,she will not be happy.one more thing does she need my passport to apply,this would be hard as i need it to get home.
    Yes photo copy of your passport is very much needed all pages... Just tell your wife to read previous post here all the guidelines are well explain base on each and everyones experience......most of us here applied w/o the presence of our significant others... and we made...
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

london well away from those people up norf
    Most of us were not in phill the whole time it took our wifes to apply. Most of the paperwork you can sort out while there and then send the rest over before application is handed in.

One of my wifes aunts helped her greatly when she had to go to the cfo, dfa offices etc. basically just company and moral support.

thanks again everyone for your help.one more thing (sorry for all the questions)my wife to be lives in calubian,its about 2 hours drive to tacloban i hour on plane to manila.i want to know if she has to go in person to the british embassy in manila.she will not travel on her own,and i can not be there.can she apply by post or somewhere closer to her?can anyone help please?
    regards noel

The application for uk visa is made by post, she is unlikely to be asked for an interview in manila it seems especially if a good application is made.
    But she will need to travel to one of the cfo offices either manila or cebu to get her cfo stamp before coming to the uk.

Ps noel this is a forum dont worry about asking a question if your wife to be or you cant find answers to a question on here or elsewhere.
    Have u read petes website yet? That will help you both understand the process a lot better.

thanks andypaul.you have been a great help as are the rest on here.i wish i had found you people earlier.ps you probably think im stupid but what is cfo.could you give me petes website please.thanks once again.
    noel

thanks andypaul.you have been a great help as are the rest on here.i wish i had found you people earlier.ps you probably think im stupid but what is cfo.could you give me petes website please.thanks once again.
    noel
    petes website has a link at the top on the right hand side of this page.

british-filipino.com

If you have the time read though that whole site and of course go though this site loads of useful help and advice.

The cfo if you search on this website, is an organsation which any phill going abroad has to get a stamp in there passport. To say they been to a talk and for want of a better word approved to go abroad.

heres the link to their site www. cfo.org.ph

If i can give you one bit of advice it is to masses of research, like with your other question about how to send money to phil things change constantly and everyones situation is silghty different whats best for one person may not be so good for another.

thanks andypaul.you have been a great help as are the rest on here.i wish i had found you people earlier.noel
    Dont worry just ask question and everybodys here to give u an answer....
    tiger tigress

noel
    Address: Commission on Filipinos Overseas
    Cebu Extension Office
    Causing-Lozada Bldg., Osmeņa Blvd.,
    cor. M. J. Cuenca Ave., Cebu City
    site map-> http://www.cfo.gov.ph/mapcebu1.jpg
    tiger tigress

Quote Originally Posted by empott View Post
    I'll pass for now Scots
    Sorry, i didn't mean to be rude... But then, i don't want to give advices that i haven't experienced yet. I might give wrong infos which can jeopardized one's application and thats something i don't want to happen. I'm still in the process of collecting proofs and not started with the application yet!
    makes them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by empott View Post
    Sorry, i didn't mean to be rude... But then, i don't want to give advices that i haven't experienced yet. I might give wrong infos which can jeopardized one's application and thats something i don't want to happen. I'm still in the process of collecting proofs and not started with the application yet!
    Go gurl
    tiger tigress

Thanks Ma, u really give me strength, gurl.
    makes them easy.

dont worry she can do it, first thing need to do is after you married in church or civil services ask them to pass straight away your papers to local registry office then,after 3days get your paper in the local registry office actually they pass our marriaged certificate in NSO after a month but can you ask the supervisor that you need your marriage certificate,tell them you need to send your certificate in the NSO bcoz you need to apply a visa send it via LBC or any express mail atleast 24hours then kept your receipt bcoz you need to show that in the NSO so you can have an evidence that your certificate is their in the office already then 2days after you can get your marrieged cert with the stamp of NSO then start process your papers in the uk embassy manila goodluck

Thread Information