Thread: Job offer in Visa application

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Job offer in Visa application

Hi guys,
    what clout does a job offer have when applying for a Spouse visa.
    A family member has said that he may offer my wife a job , are there any requirements he has to supply.........he has been trading for 40 yrs .
    Is a letter/ email on headed company paper sufficient?
    Thanks in advance

I would imagine that with the current government crack down of workers from outside the EU, she may need to show exemplary credentials for that position, even if offered by a family member. I still think all the regular criteria will have to be covered for consideration for the job, specially when there are so many people form the Uk or Europe who can fill the place.
    Sorry to be negative, but I think that might be how the cards fall.

I am sure Joe will be able to give a more technical answer Laurel
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Steve, I think laurel is making reference to a spouse visa application.

laurel, it's always a good thing to show relevant positives in any visa application.
    Such a job offer would not normally be the deciding factor in a spouse visa application unless the financial side of the application is quite weak.
    Are the financials weak in this application?

Hi guys,
    thanks for replies.....I am concerned about the financial side, being self employed, recession....the cost of a LDR etc my funds and income have dropped somewhat in the last few yrs............there are positives tho I have a healthy bank balance...Im just thinking of anything that will strengthen our case.
    My wife is actually a dentist, practicing for over 11 yrs........but that dont mean didley when applying for the UK, as the Phil standard dont meet UK reqs.

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    My wife is actually a dentist, practicing for over 11 yrs........but that dont mean didley when applying for the UK, as the Phil standard dont meet UK reqs.
    tell me about it, it's taken my misses near 5yrs to get a job as a doc because of exams and registration processes (oh not forgetting little joe )

include evidence of your wife certs etc, and the written job offer, which she will accept on arriving in the uk, reducing any risks of her needing recourse to public funds, and mention she intends to seek work as a dentist once she has completed any exams or registration processes enabling her to work as a dentist in the UK, reducing even further her needing recourse to public funds, your wife is highly skilled and it can make a difference

get your misses to check what she needs to register in the uk, my misses had a lot of messing around and delays get certs of good standing etc from the phils

its a bit of a long road laurel, my misses was close to quitting a couple of times, but shes working now, and is finally happy working 36hrs in 3 days but your misses should be able to get there in the end
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks guys,
    bit daunting all this red tape...think we should start a campaign to recognise the Philippines being in the EU would make things a lot easier

Thread Information