Thread: hearing

hearing

I have a scheduled hearing on the 26th of May for my daughter's visa. The appeal was made in October after her visa was refused in September as the ECO decided that I no longer have sole responsibility for my daughter. Please give me some tips on how to present issues during hearings. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

how long have you left your daughter?
    any form of communications since you left her? who is her guardian? who takes care of her?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

It has been 6 years but I would always go home to the Philippines every year for 6 weeks. We regularly communicate through phone calls,emails and chats. My mother is looking after her and acts as her guardian. PLease help.

eileen what are your grounds for appealing ?, have you new evidence you have sole responsibility ? 6 years is a long time

how old is your daughter?

if your appeal doesn't work out, i think one option is to go back to the phils for maybe 6 months or so and hopefully they will accept you have sole responsibility.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

thanks for replying. my daughter is now 18 years old and she applied as my dependent when she was 17. her visa was refused in september 2010 because of "sole responsibility" reasons. i went home to the Philippines in October to gather proofs that I am solely responsible for her and that my mom is only getting instructions from me. got witness statements, remittance receipts, school records to show that I accompanied her to enroll in a school and with my signature on it. I just want to ask help on how they conduct the hearing and how do I present my facts. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by eileen View Post
    thanks for replying. my daughter is now 18 years old and she applied as my dependent when she was 17. her visa was refused in september 2010 because of "sole responsibility" reasons. i went home to the Philippines in October to gather proofs that I am solely responsible for her and that my mom is only getting instructions from me. got witness statements, remittance receipts, school records to show that I accompanied her to enroll in a school and with my signature on it. I just want to ask help on how they conduct the hearing and how do I present my facts. Thank you
    just bring all your gathered documents for your evidences/annex's in the hearing.
    goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member sweet_cookie08's Avatar
    Hi sis Eileen,

I just read your post. I want to ask you what are the documents/proofs that you submitted for your daughter's visa? I read that it has been 6 years since you left her from the philippines, I'm a bit worried now when I apply for my daughter's visa end of this year as it be be nearly 3 years apart.

When I applied for my spouse visa, on my letter and my husband's support letter, we mentioned that we intend to bring her here in UK after I am settled and after my daughter finishes her primary school (which was last March). Would this help to support why we are only getting her this year?

I left her when she was on her 4th grade. My mom and sister was the one looking after her but like you, I would call everyday, even guide her with assignments, pray with her before she sleeps, check if she brushed her teeth before going to bed, when she wakes up in the morning, i'll call her as well.

how can I contact you sis eileen? I can't make a PM to you as you are a newbie here.

will wait for your reply. thanks sis.

Hello sweet_cookie08,

When we applied for my daughter's settlement visa, we have submitted photocopies of yahoo chats, emails, remittance slips, my payslips, my tenancy agreement in the UK, bank statements, etc - all these you can find on the UKBA website (check the guidance on settlement visa). However, she was refused because of the "sole responsibility" reasons and also because I have been separated from her father without any annulment or nullity of marriage that was why the ECO stated there is no evidence that proves that. Your case is far much different from me as you will be joined by your husband. You just need to gather evidences that though you have left your daughter in your mother's care, you must show that you are still in charge in taking the important decisions in all areas of your daughter's life e.g. schooling, finances, health and you must establish that you are always in contact with her e.g. chats, emails, birthday cards, photos etc.

I am not really knowledgeable on this area but through experience, as I am now going to my court hearing, I can only advise you as far as I know. Research more on the topic of sole responsibility on the internet and I am sure you will gather more info.

I hope I extended a little bit of help. Good luck!

Thread Information