Thread: container services from uk to philippines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hi thanks therpe
    yes im aware the diff and the stuff i will send is all ok mainly power tools etc but sure i need to know if viable as i really wanted to send a car well a truck to use there but its been suggested its costly and difficult to get a vehicle registered there
    do you know of the company name
    regards mark

Quote Originally Posted by madmitch537 View Post
    ............ i need to know if viable as i really wanted to send a car well a truck to use there but its been suggested its costly and difficult to get a vehicle registered there ........
    Mark,
    Regarding the cars, don't even think about it!!
    Seriously.
    You will not be allowed to import any RH drive car.Period
    Maybe some people will tell you there are 'ways' BUT eventually there are not.
    Even if the cars were LH drive, you would be taxed up to the hilt. Eventually it would cost you at least twice the value of the car.

The importation of privately owned vehicles (POV's) to the Philippines is very restrictive. The process is long, requires a great deal of paperwork, and a special import permit is required. This permit is available only in the Philippines, and can not be issued by an embassy or consulate office
    • CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
    • Only returning Filipino residents and foreign embassy diplomats are allowed to import
    motor vehicles "Duty Free"
    • All motor vehicles must have an Import Authority Permit issued by the Philippine Bureau of Import Service before the vehicle is shipped.
    • Owner must have lived abroad for at least one year and car must have been registered in his/her name at least six months if the car is more than three years old, vehicles more than three years old should be registered under shippers name at least one year prior to application of the Import Permit
    • Failure to comply with above will result in PENALTIES AND CONFISCATION
    of vehicle
    • Auto must arrive within 60 days of customer's arrival
    • Destination Agent must be contacted prior to shipping any vehicles
    • All vehicles subject to taxes and duties
    • Gasoline-fueled cars limited to 2,800 cc not over 1,500 kgs
    • Right -hand driven vehicles not permitted
    • Only one vehicle allowed per family
    • Autos five years old or older not permitted
    • Banned/unauthorized motor vehicles subject to seizure; owner subject to penalties
    • Documents required:
    o Original Registration and proof of ownership
    o Import Permit from Department of Trade or Bureau of Import
    Cars over 5 years old CANNOT be imported

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Mark,
    Regarding the cars, don't even think about it!!
    Seriously.
    You will not be allowed to import any RH drive car.Period
    Maybe some people will tell you there are 'ways' BUT eventually there are not.
    Even if the cars were LH drive, you would be taxed up to the hilt. Eventually it would cost you at least twice the value of the car.

The importation of privately owned vehicles (POV's) to the Philippines is very restrictive. The process is long, requires a great deal of paperwork, and a special import permit is required. This permit is available only in the Philippines, and can not be issued by an embassy or consulate office
    • CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
    • Only returning Filipino residents and foreign embassy diplomats are allowed to import
    motor vehicles "Duty Free"
    • All motor vehicles must have an Import Authority Permit issued by the Philippine Bureau of Import Service before the vehicle is shipped.
    • Owner must have lived abroad for at least one year and car must have been registered in his/her name at least six months if the car is more than three years old, vehicles more than three years old should be registered under shippers name at least one year prior to application of the Import Permit
    • Failure to comply with above will result in PENALTIES AND CONFISCATION
    of vehicle
    • Auto must arrive within 60 days of customer's arrival
    • Destination Agent must be contacted prior to shipping any vehicles
    • All vehicles subject to taxes and duties
    • Gasoline-fueled cars limited to 2,800 cc not over 1,500 kgs
    • Right -hand driven vehicles not permitted
    • Only one vehicle allowed per family
    • Autos five years old or older not permitted
    • Banned/unauthorized motor vehicles subject to seizure; owner subject to penalties
    • Documents required:
    o Original Registration and proof of ownership
    o Import Permit from Department of Trade or Bureau of Import
    Cars over 5 years old CANNOT be imported
    wow
    hi and thanks i read your reply with interest and you have given so much details thankyou very very much
    well thats a no go then looks like i will be haggling there as best as i can im not interested in anything new so an old banger that i can do up
    as i restore classic cars here it wont be a problem as long as you say a popular model ie toyota mitzzy or isuzu
    so i think ill just stick to the boxes which seem good value
    i was thinking in yr or so to ship a left hand drive classic car as i have a passion for these and it would give me a project
    but it looks like i may have to buy an old jap classic ive seen a few around there
    my biggest concern is if i spend longer periods there im going to get bored as i need to be fixing things to keep me occupied
    so a very big thankyou to all the replies and valuable advice given which all suggests vehicle imports are a non starter
    i did see the local makita brand and agreed slighty better than the chinese fake copies as you say they were junk i had first hand experience with these
    so once again a big thankyou to every one who took time to reply here
    regards mark

Thread Information