Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiiiiiiiii everyone!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hiiiiiiiii everyone!!

hi to everyone, i'm george. Wow this site looks great. I suppose i had better introduce myself. Well i'm 33 years old and i am foster uncle to my 10 year old neice who i have been looking after for the last 7 years. I met an amazing girl in january, her name is rose and she is from surigao. I am visiting her for 1 month in july and during that month we are to meet for the first time, get engaged and married too, lol. Yes it sounds crazy but you just know when you meet the right person. She told me about this site and said its good for all types of advice. I have lived in liverpool for the last 4 years i am originally from hereford. I would love to hear from anyone in the northwest area, your experiences good or bad and any advice on visa applications. I hope in time i can give advice to people who are new to all this like i am. Is applying for visas as complicated as it seems? i hope not.

bye for now.

a pseudo scouser keith you have a pen-pal
    well your not a real scouser so you should be ok

crazy, only crazy to those who not been there ..

my wife is from Surigao del Sur.

and iam in sunny salford, not far from the trafford centre, in the great city of manchester

Quote Originally Posted by gah73 View Post
    hi to everyone, i'm george. Wow this site looks great. I suppose i had better introduce myself. Well i'm 33 years old and i am foster uncle to my 10 year old neice who i have been looking after for the last 7 years. I met an amazing girl in january, her name is rose and she is from surigao. I am visiting her for 1 month in july and during that month we are to meet for the first time, get engaged and married too, lol. Yes it sounds crazy but you just know when you meet the right person. She told me about this site and said its good for all types of advice. I have lived in liverpool for the last 4 years i am originally from hereford. I would love to hear from anyone in the northwest area, your experiences good or bad and any advice on visa applications. I hope in time i can give advice to people who are new to all this like i am. Is applying for visas as complicated as it seems? i hope not.
    bye for now.
    Welcome Welcome
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

If your wondering what the smell is in Liverpool.....you'll find it only appears when the wind comes from Mancland
    Keith - Administrator

maBuhaY geoRge & weLcome

Wellcome George,hope you have a great time reading through the forum, any questions you need answering just ask and if we can help you in anyway we will. Ging and ricky take care and god bless.

Respected Member
    welcome to the forum george! wish you all the luck.

Welcome George. I've not been to Surigao City but have girlfriend in Surigao Del Sur. Lots of friendly people there so if you're staying there you should have a top top time

Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by klsl_forever View Post
    Welcome George. I've not been to Surigao City but have girlfriend in Surigao Del Sur. Lots of friendly people there so if you're staying there you should have a top top time
    my wife was born in Surigao Del Sur

but i've never been, dont think its safe to go now

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    my wife was born in Surigao Del Sur

but i've never been, dont think its safe to go now
    Should be safer by July once the elections are out the way, provided George doesn't upset the NPA's

Seriously Joe, North-East Mindanao aint too bad as I'm sure your wife would testify

I think you're confusing it with Manchester
    Keith - Administrator

welcome and welcome george

mabuhay!!!

WELCOME!!! Same as my "asawa's" name...Iain George Findlay MacDonald!!!

Goodluck!!!

Louella
    Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans... - John Lennon

i think i will just trust my girlfriend. she says surigao is very safe. southern mindanao is the place to avoid. could it really be any worse than manchester or liverpool? Its worth the risk just to have a break from big issue sellers and people constantly asking "any spare change fella"? Roll on july pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!

jewellery?

As i might have mentioned b4 i am getting married in july. Would i get more for my money buying an engagement ring and 2 wedding rings in manila instead of here in the uk? My budget is limited but i obviously want to buy the nicest engagement ring i can.

i think i will just trust my girlfriend. she says surigao is very safe. southern mindanao is the place to avoid. could it really be any worse than manchester or liverpool? Its worth the risk just to have a break from big issue sellers and people constantly asking "any spare change fella"? Roll on july pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!
    cheeky, could it be worse than manchester, , yes liverpud land is worse than southern mindanao , at least at the airport in mindanao they count the foreigners off and back on the plane when they leave, make sure none are missing , they dont do that in liverpud land

Its worth the risk just to have a break from big issue sellers and people constantly asking "any spare change fella"?
    i can tell you never been to pinoyland b4, i never get use to seeing the poor little kids sent out to try and sell stuff on the streets and at petrol stations. many parts of the philiipines are in poverty, a beautiful country thou, when you come back to the uk, you realise how good we have it here.

Respected Member
    welcome mate

i am in your area and my girl got here in january.
    she loves it here
    there are some complications in visa application but usually from philippines side.
    if you want a chat send me your contact details

regards john

Manchester airport have pound coins glued to the floor in immigration....when an immigrant bends over to pick it up ....Mr Manc the customs man....gives you an internal for free
    Keith - Administrator

contact.

where abouts are you john? i would love to chat sometime. My yahoo id is mancs@liverpool

you're right, we do have it easy here. actually my plan is to move to the phils when my neice goes to university in the future. If i could i would move there tomorrow. Is it just me or has anyone else had enough of the uk?

london well away from those people up norf
    you're right, we do have it easy here. actually my plan is to move to the phils when my neice goes to university in the future. If i could i would move there tomorrow. Is it just me or has anyone else had enough of the uk?
    Is it a case of the grass is greener?

In phill at least half of the population would swap places with me or you if they could.

Like the people who go to spain or aus, always seems good at first but many come back for one reason or another.

Me personally if i won the pools i would halve my time between the two countries have the best of both worlds but avoid as much as possible the problems in the two countries.

oh as soon as ive paid me debts off and saved some , me, wife and kids will be in pinoyland for good, but iam looking at maybe 10yrs time

london well away from those people up norf
    where abouts are you john? i would love to chat sometime. My yahoo id is
    Be careful putting your email addy on this site or any others come to think of it you might get spamed to death

oooooooooopsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

i just want a simple life. keeping up with the neighbours doesn't interest me. It shocks me how expensive the uk is getting. The main problem for me though is how unfriendly it has become here. Most people wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

http://www.cheapestflights.co.uk

584 on gulfair for 19/7

wow, thanks guys. between £500 and 600 is the sort of price i was hoping for. I don't think you'll fly for much cheaper than that in july.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    http://www.cheapestflights.co.uk

584 on gulfair for 19/7
    Elsa and I are off to the land of Airport Terminal Fees and evil Manila Taxi Drivers in the next few weeks (Elsa next week, me mid-May). After much searching, I managed to put together a decent priced package for a total of £450 return. I'll fly Oasis HongKong, Gatwick - Hong Kong, for £375, then Cebu Pacific HK to Manila for £82. Only downside to this route is Gatwick - a 4 hour drive for me, then on arrival at HK, I will need to clear passport control, reclaim baggage, then back in to departures for the flight to Manila, but its an adventure innit. I've left a good 4 hours inbetween each connection, so hopefully all will go as planned

I think if you can book way ahead, prices are cheaper, leave it late like we did, prices go up daily. I'm looking forward to flying OasisHK, should be interesting flight on what is essentially a low cost carrier on a long haul route.

looks like the days of cheap flights are gone, cheapest i ever got was £390 return on air france from manchester , but that must have been 4 or 5 years ago,,

robs idea of flying to HK maybe the only cheaper way left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information