Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need Cebuano/Bisayan Lessons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    beautiful belfast-now/beautiful bayawan-future!

Thumbs up I need Cebuano/Bisayan Lessons

I live in West Midlands, but willing to travel. I will pay the "going rate" - I just want to learn this dialect! So if you live within 100 miles of Birmingham (the closer the better) then please contact me and I can be your student Salamat,
    tom

a good program to learn tagalog is rosetta stone

http://www.rosettastone.co.uk/en/ind...guages/tagalog

or

type ' ette translator' in google

the ette program i used with my wife, not much point thou she speaks better english than me

well he did say bisayan/cebuano rather than tagalog

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    well he did say bisayan/cebuano rather than tagalog
    why dont you teach him baboyako, or teach him how u ur lechon

oh i didnt mean , i meant stuff it !

try this bisaya.. buang ka

Banned
    thanks for the tip, but it's Cebuano, not tagalog i need to learn! Salamat anyway friend

Quote Originally Posted by bigtombowski View Post
    thanks for the tip, but it's Cebuano, not tagalog i need to learn! Salamat anyway friend
    Let her get you a pocket dictionary English-CEBUANO (P60)..and i've found a small book named '' Conversational ENGLISH-CEBUANO'' only P75.

And its all available in National Bookstore in any Malls in luzon,visayas & mindanao

I've found a good site that sells all stuffs from philippines KABAYAN CENTRAL

So just have alook, you can even buy a load for her mobile!
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

hi tom,

try this site http://www.everlastinglove.com/cebuano.htm

hope this will help u....

Banned
    WOW! Thats an amazing help! Thanks so much! Im gonna go see about that right away!

Also, I would still like to have actual lessons with a native speaker so I can get the accent and the way of pronouncing words also!

thanks everyone
    SALAMAT

london well away from those people up norf
    Good on you for learning the lingo, but when your over there make sure you help your girlfriend with her english.
    its of course important to speak your girlfriends mother tongue as best you can. 8ut its vital for your girlfriend to ensure her coversational English is as good as possible.Both for any interview process which may pop up as there have been in the past, and of course once she is here.in the uk. i found it hard to practise my taglog in phill as everyone wants to practise there english on me.

Banned

Wink

thanks for the advice! to be honest, she's learning my local Belfast lingo (a mix of ulster scot/Gaelic grammar and English vocab) to impress my parents!

And . . . we're thinkin of movin there to the Phils for the long-ish term in maybe 5/6 years from now, so I want to get myself conversant in her language, coz i don't wanna be one of those foreigners who obstinately refuses to blend in . . .(albeit im 6ft 1, white, blond hair, blue eyes! lol)!

So yep, im still searching for a native speaker in England who's willing to help me

any takers??

BTB

What you planing to do once out in phill? Work or retire, Would love to move out but the bank manger would rather me stay here in the uk.

Banned
    HAHA! sell house (owned outright), and use the money to (a)buy a house and cafe there and (b) put in bonds and live off the interest.

Her expertise is running an internet cafe! She's been managing one (90-100hrs per week, 7 days a week) for 2.5 years now! She's got the brains and expertise, I got the do$h - to a reasonable extent!

that's our plan

I also want to teach english, music, and any other skill i can offer for free to poor people of Oriental Negros! - - - call it a personal dream

if there are any native speakers in England of Cebuano and you're interested in having a student, I'm still looking lol

thanks

bigT-ski

Banned
    HAHA! sell house (owned outright), and use the money to (a)buy a house and cafe there and (b) put in bonds and live off the interest.

Her expertise is running an internet cafe! She's been managing one (90-100hrs per week, 7 days a week) for 2.5 years now! She's got the brains and expertise, I got the do$h - to a reasonable extent!

that's our plan

I also want to teach english, music, and any other skill i can offer for free to poor people of Oriental Negros! - - - call it a personal dream

if there are any native speakers in England of Cebuano and you're interested in having a student, I'm still looking lol

thanks

bigT-ski

If you want to make a small fortune in the Philippines, all you have to do is........

go there with a large one.........

Dom

Banned
    i really like being in this forum

Hey if your girlfriend is in Negros the dialect is different from Cebuano its hilonggo. Or where exactly in Negros.
    Regards,

Ping

Just remeber home internet is taking of in the phill. In my wifes area nearly everyhouse has a smartbro Aerial and i saw an interview with the brothers who own globe among other companies are looking for more ways to make money i guess though messagner, web browsing etc.
    Also in my wifes family pc ownership has gone from a few to many realtives now have access to a pc at home.
    Before making any big plans i would see it for yourself

I own my own flat in london which has doubled in price since 200o but i still couldn't see the money lasting 30 years till me pension kicked in.

Freds the man on this site with experience with running businesses in phill much ahrder than it looks from the peoples i read on here and other forums.

Banned
    Hi Ping! My g.f. is from Bayawan City, and the dialect there is bisayan! so if u know anyone in england who can teach it, please do let me know

salamat

Newbie (Restricted Access)

hi

Hi Ping! My g.f. is from Bayawan City, and the dialect there is bisayan! so if u know anyone in england who can teach it, please do let me know

salamat
    Hello i'm from davao me and your g.f spoke same lingo....if you interested.....i live in leicester

Quote Originally Posted by shailee79 View Post
    Hello i'm from davao me and your g.f spoke same lingo....if you interested.....i live in leicester
    halu shai and lee musta hahaha welcome to the forum

Banned
    Hahahahahaha!!!

I own my own flat in london which has doubled in price since 200o but i still couldn't see the money lasting 30 years till me pension kicked in.
    That depends rather on how much you are left with after it is sold..

£150.000 at 6% tax free interest will provide over £9,000 a year and with interest rates set to rise next month perhaps even more..
    http://www.angloirishbank.co.im/pers...st-account.asp
    Im pretty relieved that I sold my humble abode when I did as I can see a housing market slide on the horizon.
    There is a Brit (that I think is a member here) that has deposited some cash in some rural banks in Cebu on a 5 yr Time deposit..Get this ..20% interest paid monthly. His accounts are over 2 years old now.
    Deposits under P250,000 are insured by the central banks PDIC insurance.
    Heres his blog..http://hi-interest. blogspot. com/

Anyway..This is getting well off topic now..So I'll just shut up.

Banned
    THANKS ACTUALLY for the AIB thing in the Isle of Man, coz i was getting disappointed with the low rates offered by the main high street banks here lol! ive got this AIB IoM thing firmly planted in my mind now!

yay!

thanks

BigT-Ski

Banned
    i really hope there will be someone in england with 1 hour a week to spare who speaks Cebuano and who can teach me

thanks!

t

i really hope there will be someone in england with 1 hour a week to spare who speaks Cebuano and who can teach me

thanks!

t
    Have you tried your local phill shops and the hospital?

The nurses may well be to busy but may have other halfs or kids who want the pocket money. A note in the shop window of your local phill (or thai/chinese/asian food shop in some areas) shop may get more response most people on here are spread out away from brum.

Banned

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Have you tried your local phill shops and the hospital?

The nurses may well be to busy but may have other halfs or kids who want the pocket money. A note in the shop window of your local phill (or thai/chinese/asian food shop in some areas) shop may get more response most people on here are spread out away from brum.

there doesn't even seem to be a pilipino restaraunt in Brum . . . I've sought it coz i love pilipino grub!!!! there used 2 b one in belfast when i lived there!!! i have even taken to stopping Pinoys in the supermarket or in the city centre and asking them if they know any cebuano speakers in Brum lol . . . and they take my number and pass it on to their friends . . . so im waiting on replys lol!

I just kinda guess that there's someone who could do with an extra 20 quid or wotever to send home to whomever! It's 2375PHP! lol!

anyway . . .

the search continues mates!

besides; i don't mind travelling! lol! i got a car and a fuel card

Banned
    there doesn't even seem to be a pilipino restaraunt in Brum . . . I've sought it coz i love pilipino grub!!!! there used 2 b one in belfast when i lived there!!! i have even taken to stopping Pinoys in the supermarket or in the city centre and asking them if they know any cebuano speakers in Brum lol . . . and they take my number and pass it on to their friends . . . so im waiting on replys lol!

I just kinda guess that there's someone who could do with an extra 20 quid or wotever to send home to whomever! It's 2375PHP! lol!

anyway . . .

the search continues mates!

besides; i don't mind travelling! lol! i got a car and a fuel card

Live rates at 2007.04.26 22:16:56 UTC 20.00 GBP

=

1,888.75 PHP

United Kingdom Pounds Philippines Pesos 1 GBP = 94.4373 PHP 1 PHP = 0.0105890 GBP

Try offering more dosh..........

9000 a year so im not gonna let my lump sum grow? In a few years i think i would need that to live a decent live in phill and pay for flights to see realtives abroad.

Plus kano tax on most things. Plus unless your strong the family will need help etc

What am i gonna do each day? Maybe others dont need it but i get bored just lazing about need a purpose in life.

You chaps are far braver than me, and i wish you all the best.

I guess people have made ago of it if carful with their money and not had any "problems" with companies they are running.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    9000 a year so im not gonna let my lump sum grow? In a few years i think i would need that to live a decent live in phill and pay for flights to see realtives abroad.

Plus kano tax on most things. Plus unless your strong the family will need help etc

What am i gonna do each day? Maybe others dont need it but i get bored just lazing about need a purpose in life.

You chaps are far braver than me, and i wish you all the best.

I guess people have made ago of it if carful with their money and not had any "problems" with companies they are running.

Its not for everyone..Thats a fact.
    9 grand a year is around £750.00 a month..PHP 70,000
    The average expat lives decently on $1000 pm but that includes rent,maids and eating out etc so if you have your own accomodation without maids plus eat in,savings will be around £350.00/400 a month. (£5,000 a year)
    Its nice to have 10/20 k extra for business to keep busy etc and if it all goes pear shaped you still have your monthly income.
    I personally will always pay local prices simply because I know what they are and will stand no nonsense..
    As far as family are concerned,we have 4 key family members that are doing pretty well financially,some living in the U.S..We share responsibilities such as educating the kids etc and again..They know I will stand for no nonsense!!
    Plenty to keep yourself busy if you and you are your own boss..Thats nothing to be scared of IMO..
    My family can fly over to see me!! Problem solved.
    But as I say..Its not for everyone.

THANKS ACTUALLY for the AIB thing in the Isle of Man, coz i was getting disappointed with the low rates offered by the main high street banks here lol! ive got this AIB IoM thing firmly planted in my mind now!
    If I find anything better,Ill post a link here..Perhaps next month when interest rates hit the roof!!
    (sorry house owners)

Banned
    95.03 i saw yesterday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information