Thread: Ancelotti axed as Chelsea manager

Post Ancelotti axed as Chelsea manager

Chelsea sack manager Carlo Ancelotti after a trophyless season.

Content from...
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Recommened Site: Win2Win Racing | Free Delivery Store | Free Delivery Shop | Astronomy Forum | Win2Win Sports Store | My Fiverr Gigs | Green Leaf Beauty Shop

dedworth are you applying for the job

maybe garry neville should
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Mad are Chelsea!-2nd in league,c league semi finalists on another day could have won league and been in final.
    United would never get rid of Ferguson in those circumstances and that's why we are the best team again.
    frequently replacing managers ( if you are lucky) gives you short lived success

McClown will do as Chelsea is a circus
    Keith - Administrator

benny
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    No prizes for coming second, he had a year left on his contract and paid the price. Losing twice to the likes of Everton & Liverpool, 3 times to Man Utd is unacceptable.

Onwards and upwards

Respected Member
    Complete madness, he didn't do a bad job. They're never going to achieve anything unless they have consistency at management level. Credit to Arsenal for sticking with Wenger over the last 6 years despite not winning anything

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    No prizes for coming second, he had a year left on his contract and paid the price. Losing twice to the likes of Everton & Liverpool, 3 times to Man Utd is unacceptable.

Onwards and upwards
    That may be the case, but the Chairman needs to look and his own record at Chelsea and ask himself if he might have achieved more if he had given his managers a bit more time. Money alone will never win them anything. Sure most teams need to make the occasional big money star signing, but one world class player doesn't make a team, they need consistency in management, loyalty from players and a good youth development programme.

they will never better mourinhos team and who ever comes next will face the chop and with torres upfront firing blanks
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    That may be the case, but the Chairman needs to look and his own record at Chelsea and ask himself if he might have achieved more if he had given his managers a bit more time. Money alone will never win them anything. Sure most teams need to make the occasional big money star signing, but one world class player doesn't make a team, they need consistency in management, loyalty from players and a good youth development programme.
    Money alone did win them things when the Russian arrived and poured his money in they did start winning things as they could afford to snap up the best players.
    They have had a load of managers 7 in 8 years or something and desperately want to win the champions league and will sack managers til they do
    They are a short term fix team and unlike Arsenal fire the manager when he doesn't win anything

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Money alone did win them things when the Russian arrived and poured his money in they did start winning things as they could afford to snap up the best players.
    They have had a load of managers 7 in 8 years or something and desperately want to win the champions league and will sack managers til they do
    They are a short term fix team and unlike Arsenal fire the manager when he doesn't win anything
    Les I think I'd rather have a turnover of Managers and be winners unlike potless Arsenal and Voyeur - they did pick up the ladies FA Cup at the weekend though

Respected Member
    Les I think I'd rather have a turnover of Managers and be winners unlike potless Arsenal and Voyeur - they did pick up the ladies FA Cup at the weekend though
    Winners You can't call yourself a leading club in Europe without winning the Champions League. I don't know who the current top 10 teams are in Europe or how you could even quantify who is a top 10 team, but I dare say they have all won the Champions League except Chelsea and Arsenal (if the 2 latter teams even appear in the list).

The following link to Wiki shows all the winners of the Premier League or equivalent since its inception. Where are Chelsea on the list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ball_champions

Banned

Respected Member
    Surprising to see Real Madrid in 7th place, behind Liverpool and Arsenal.

I think I was correct on my previous post, 8/10 on the list have won the Champions League

Thread Information