Thread: Mum and daugter different visas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mum and daugter different visas

Well with the fees being so steep we have had to look at modify our applications. Just one query.......

My partner (unmarried) is Filipino and our baby (2months) is also on Filipino passport.

1. Does the baby need her own settlement visa (if so)

2. Could my partner apply for settlement visa but the baby only a tourist visa. this save us about 55000 peso and then we simply apply her UK passport on arrival in UK.

She got news today she passed English exam...Only a week from doing test to receiving certificate. We were told 15 working days so excellent service. That was Study Connect manila in Makati.....

Thanks

Sorry if I misunderstand something here, but wouldn't it be better all round to get a UK passport for the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry if I misunderstand something here, but wouldn't it be better all round to get a UK passport for the baby?

I sure its not as easy.......I am in UK and cant go back to Philippines. My partner and baby are in Manila. So I cannot send my passport there and I cannot be there at all for the application.

Trusted Member
    I'm not sure that you need to be there in Manila.

Ref. your passport.

I needed my wife's passport one time when I was in the Phils and she was in the UK.

She sent it out with DHL, and then I sent it back.

I would definately go down the route of procuring a British passport for your child first.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I'm not sure that you need to be there in Manila.

Ref. your passport.

I needed my wife's passport one time when I was in the Phils and she was in the UK.

She sent it out with DHL, and then I sent it back.

I would definately go down the route of procuring a British passport for your child first.

If it was possible without my original passport then I agree but i need my passport as i am travelling all time i am a marine superintendent going to ships in USA and South America.....I cant work wiothout my passport

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wurzel View Post
    If it was possible without my original passport then I agree but i need my passport as i am travelling all time i am a marine superintendent going to ships in USA and South America.....I cant work wiothout my passport
    I think you need to contact the Embassy then, find out whether copies of the relevant pages will be sufficient, and take it from there.

Don't shy away from actually writing or speaking to the staff there. It all strengthens your case anyway.

i think you could risk refusal for your daughter because its the wrong type of visa , it should be a settlement visa or apply for a British passport for her from the British embassy in manila, either or, but i doubt the visit visa way..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Beat me to it Terpe.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Beat me to it Terpe.
    thanks guys....my brain stressing over all this and is starting to think too much. We were all ready to apply unmarried partner settlement visa and all 3 kids on same application but its just so expensive its making me think to many ideas........

Might be worth the price of a phone call to British Embassy and or FCO just to see if something can be organised.
    Just a suggestion.
    Alternatively, are you able to secure any leave so that you could join them from Manila.

believe me i thought these things...but for me to take leave now would mean i wud not get leave when they move here which i think is more important...then the return flight for me makes it no cheaper an option

I been looking but i just see so many hurdles......firstly (maybe this is good) passport office is in Hong Kong now for Philippines. Secondly my partner was married 11 years ago she has not seen or heard from him in 10 yrs but due to Philippines she cannot divorce and we could not afford annulment before so they want a CENOMAR here well that not gonna happen. I mean we got proof we been living together three years but at end of day she is still married and not to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by The Wurzel View Post
    . Secondly my partner was married 11 years ago she has not seen or heard from him in 10 yrs
    I think she can be granted an annulment if shes not living with the husband for 10 continuos years
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I have known one member here who got the similar case as yours, they met in th UK,live together for years ,and she then go back to the Philippines to apply for unmarried visa, sort her annulment and the partner sort his divorce as well, they got one child and was granted a visa ,..it is important to sort the major issues first ie both marriages from your ex's should permanently dissolved.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I have known one member here who got the similar case as yours, they met in th UK,live together for years ,and she then go back to the Philippines to apply for unmarried visa, sort her annulment and the partner sort his divorce as well, they got one child and was granted a visa ,..it is important to sort the major issues first ie both marriages from your ex's should permanently dissolved.
    why apply for an unmarried partner visa then, why didn't they apply for a fiancee or spouse visa ..

one of the reasons the unmarried partner visa came about was for people, for what ever reason couldn't get a divorce ..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks for all your discussions...your assistance is great but it has really become an expensive long life correcting session. Much easier I think to just apply the unmarried visa and get our family together as fast as possible.....then we can arrange other issues.....

We cannot get annulment for abondonment believe me we looked at that and annulment here in Phil takes up to 3 years legal battle with several hundreds of thousand pesos required.

I have been talking to Filipino Community in Newcastle and was informed the process in Uk is much simpler with less requirements and less questions for almost everything. they have advised me to get family here then deal with passport issues....

I simply thought maybe i could get my daughter in as tourist and then apply passport on arrival however I thought it may be issue as the mother is settlement visa....

OK thanks again but the ideas of annulments and all...chances are I finished this job and we back in UK by then anyway..our plan is to move back to Uk after 2 years or so I just wanted to get the family here while I am here for the experience and to open my kids eyes to the bigger world hopefully installing a sense of motivation for their studies....

Thread Information