Thread: Do UK Immigration Require to See Chest X-Ray Results of Filipinos Upon Arrival?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do UK Immigration Require to See Chest X-Ray Results of Filipinos Upon Arrival?

As some of you know, after a delay, my gf is currently awaiting return of her passport now that the Brit Embassy has approved the fiancé visa.

This leads me to another question........

I've read in the past that Filipinos are required to show UK Immigration upon arrival, results of a previously done chest x-ray.
    Is this an official requirement?

If so, I guess it's a case of my gf needing to go to her local hospital / medical centre and getting said chest x-rays gone????

BTW, I did a search for "x-ray" and all I got was........ "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Cheers!
    Dave

HI new shoes it depends on what airport your girlfriend will arrive i think heathrow are tho only one that asks for the xray. when my wife florsel arrived at heathrow in november of last year she was asked to present her chest xray or to queue in a very long line & have it taken at the terminal. luckily she had the xray with her so this speede up her time in immigration.

If the immigration at the airport she is arriving does not ask for an xray she will be sent a letter through the post asking her to attend her local clinic to have the xray taken there Hope this helps your question

its best to have it before you come to england, manchester airport never asked for this from emma

as other have posted it could depend on which airport she lands at, but if she doesn't have an x-ray with her and shes not asked at the airport for one to be taken, more likely she will get a letter asking her to attend a local clinic for one to be taken after a few weeks of being in the Uk.

so its not something you need to worry about dave.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I had an X ray on advice but didnt get asked for it when i landed at Gatwick

My sister in law and nephew arrived in a hurry at Heathrow airport last November and didn't have chest xrays with them. Fortunately, they were allowed through immigration anyway and were sent a letter a few weeks later to arrange for xrays to be taken at our local hospital.

I'd recommend that your fiancee brings an xray with her, just one less thing to worry about should she be asked

Thanks for the information Rosie, I will make sure my wife visits a doctor for this. It would be a nightmare to miss a connecting flight just because of another hold up. I hadn't heard of this before, very interesting discussion. Best to be prepared

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
    So it sounds like it's not imperative to have it done before arrival............. I hope that she can fly into my local regional airport.

As one poster has said, if it's done, it's one less thing to worry about.

If the x-ray is done in the Phils, will any hospital/health centre/laboratory do, or do immigration request specifies/authorised hospitals??

Thanks again everyone!
    Dave

Trusted Member
    A chest X Ray is the most common "imaging" test and should be available at low cost in any Philippines hospital. While it may not be routinely requested on arrival at every UK airport, having one would be sensible where possible.

Chest X Rays are helpful to suggest ( but not prove ) TB - see my thread in the Health Section. They may also show other kinds of pneumonia, lung disease and heart problems. They may miss blood clots ( embolism ) or small cancers.

Having a chest X Ray is generally safe ( very low radiation ) unless pregnant. These days X Ray images are stored electronically as digital files, rather than hard film copy. That way they can be easily compared with previous X Rays, or sent instantaneously and securely over the internet anywhere in the country for further expert opinions ("teleradiology").

It's best to register with a local GP as soon as possible after arrival in the UK. Don't wait for an emergency ! If a Chest X Ray is needed, at the nearest clinic / hospital, it will be interpreted by an expert doctor ( radiologist ), who may prefer to see this rather than one brought from the Philippines, unless it's obviously normal. If there are abnormalities, the radiologist will suggest other imaging tests to the GP.

So another thing to add to the list!
    How much is a chest x-ray typically in Phils?
    Thanks
    Tone

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    So another thing to add to the list!
    How much is a chest x-ray typically in Phils?
    Thanks
    Tone
    It doesn't cost a lot tone, it ranges from 130 to 300 (500 the highest i guess) here in Davao.

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    It doesn't cost a lot tone, it ranges from 130 to 300 (500 the highest i guess) here in Davao.
    Hey, my girl's from Davao..... can you recommend a place to get the x-ray done?

Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by New Shoes View Post
    Hey, my girl's from Davao..... can you recommend a place to get the x-ray done?

Cheers,
    Dave
    I would suggest Bernado's Xray Laboratory. You can get the result few minutes after. And the it cost less compared to big hospitals.

i had an x-ray with when i came here in the uk but they didn't ask for it at the birmingham airport...after few days i went to a local clinic to register at the doctor bought my x-ray results...the doctor didn't even bother to look at it....but then better be on the safe side to avoid possible delays

After giving it some thought, I think I'll ask my gf to get the x-rays done. At least if she has them she can show them if asked. One less thing to worry about.

Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by New Shoes View Post
    After giving it some thought, I think I'll ask my gf to get the x-rays done. At least if she has them she can show them if asked. One less thing to worry about.

Cheers guys!

That was my thinking too

i dont know why your worrying about it at all dave, not many people do, many people dont even know about it
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i dont know why your worrying about it at all dave, not many people do, many people dont even know about it
    me neither, ask your wife what she would rather do....save some time and money or do it at the airport for free instead
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Any diagnostic clinic in Philippines will do an x ray and provide the hard copy. Your gf may need a doctors request,depending on the clinic. Cost should be P150 to P180

Thanks for the replies. I've passed on the information to her. (She's going to be flying into Manchester Airport).

Thanks again
    Dave

Erm, do I need one then? o_0 I'm visiting my bf this July and my point of entry will be the Manchester Airport.

If I do need one, I'm have to weigh my stingy broke-grad-student self versus his occasional impatience.

Residents in the following countries applying for a visa to come to the UK for longer than 6 months need to get a certificate confirming that they are free from infectious Tuberculosis (TB) before applying for a visa:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

Oh, that clears things up. Thank you!

Thread Information