Thread: Hello po sa inyong lahat!

Newbie (Restricted Access) Sam.pungdaliri's Avatar

Hello po sa inyong lahat!

Hi guys, my name's Sam, I'm 19 years old and from the city of Plymouth. I am half Filipino but I haven't really been in-touch with my culture as I was brought up in a purely British fashion (apart from being able to speak Tagalog and my mother's native dialect Bisaya).

So Last year I thought I'd pay a visit to my family in Davao city, ended up staying there for just over eight months and now I'm back in the UK. I've never really met any other Filipinos (half or pure) here in the UK except my mother so it would be really cool to make some new friends...

Thanks,

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.pungdaliri View Post
    Hi guys, my name's Sam, I'm 19 years old and from the city of Plymouth. I am half Filipino but I haven't really been in-touch with my culture as I was brought up in a purely British fashion (apart from being able to speak Tagalog and my mother's native dialect Bisaya).

So Last year I thought I'd pay a visit to my family in Davao city, ended up staying there for just over eight months and now I'm back in the UK. I've never really met any other Filipinos (half or pure) here in the UK except my mother so it would be really cool to make some new friends...

Thanks,

Sam
    Hi Sam, welcome here.

You never met any other Pinoy? Are you kidding ??

Thanks!

I'm serious, the Filipino thing kinda passed me by, I'm not too sure how! I remember there was one other Filipino back in high school but we were never close and lost contact I guess... But apart from that, I've only met other Filipinos in Dubai and the Philippines of course.

Davao is a great city sam,i was there for most of last year,surprised you havent seen any other pinoys in the UK apart from your mum Welcome to the forum

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Yeah I love Davao, I lived there from when I was 4 until 11 but last year was the first time I had visited home in seven years. Where in Davao were you staying?

Where in Davao were you staying?
    I have been visiting Davao for around 20 years,just before you were born I normally split my time between Toril and Damosa

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I have been visiting Davao for around 20 years,just before you were born I normally split my time between Toril and Damosa
    Ah nice! But Toril and Damosa? They're like complete opposite sides hahaha! I actually have family in both areas, but then they're kind of all over Davao hehe!

Can you speak any Tagalog or Bisaya after 20 years?

Yeah,toril and Damosa are at opposite ends of the city but from Damosa its straight up angliongto,turn left and go around the city on Diversion then onto Mcarthur Highway and your in Toril within 30 minutes at night,maybe 45 minutes daytime I have connections at both places

Can you speak any Tagalog or Bisaya after 20 years?
    You know english people sam,I can say Mahal and kamusta ka

Yeah,toril and Damosa are at opposite ends of the city but from Damosa its straight up angliongto,turn left and go around the city on Diversion then onto Mcarthur Highway and your in Toril within 30 minutes at night,maybe 45 minutes daytime I have connections at both places

You know english people sam,I can say Mahal and kamusta ka
    Hehehe in fairness! So are you in the PI right now?

No mate,I am in surrey,I spent three months earlier this year working in Spain,things didnt go quite to plan so I am sitting at home waiting for the job to restart before I go back out.I will be in Pinas later this year,probably around cotabato,davao,zambo areas You going back out this year?

No mate,I am in surrey,I spent three months earlier this year working in Spain,things didnt go quite to plan so I am sitting at home waiting for the job to restart before I go back out.I will be in Pinas later this year,probably around cotabato,davao,zambo areas You going back out this year?
    I might be going to spend Christmas with my tita but if not I'll be going next spring. I'm kinda busy because I'm training to be a flight attendant at the minutes eh. What work were you doing in Spain?

Spain sam,difficult to explain Your visiting your auntie,thats cool,where does she live in Davao?

Spain sam,difficult to explain Your visiting your auntie,thats cool,where does she live in Davao?
    Yeah hopefully if I have the time or money! It's a small barangay called Indangan near Cabantian and Buhangin. You may have been there if you've been to Ranchos Palos Verdes. But generally I just stay in downtown, in Magallanes or Matina depending.

Respected Member
    Hello Sam, Welcome here.
    Thats nice to hear that you like Davao City, I came from Toril Davao City....

I came from Toril Davao City
    Saan sa Toril

Respected Member
    malapit po sa bayanihan Sir

Near bayanihan huh?I know it well

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    Hello Sam, Welcome here.
    Thats nice to hear that you like Davao City, I came from Toril Davao City....
    mao ba? asa mu dapit sa uk? na q dri sa plymouth japon pro moad2 mi sa london nxt month ata ky naa q interview did2.

Welcome Sam to the forum! It's nice to hear that you've been in Davao City. I'm from Toril. I live near Davao Fishing Port Complex in Daliao. But here, I'm in SE of London.

I live near Davao Fishing Port Complex in Daliao.
    You know my lola then Lani,you have probably been to their beach resort in Daliao

Respected Member
    mao ba? asa mu dapit sa uk? na q dri sa plymouth japon pro moad2 mi sa london nxt month ata ky naa q interview did2.
    Maayong adlaw diha dong, naa me nagpuyo sa gosport duol ra sa portsmouth...goodluck sa interview..amping kanunay

Respected Member
    Near bayanihan huh?I know it well
    Really Sir, I live in my auntie's house before near in bayanihan near in the hospital called bullizer....(not sure with the spelling). Where did you lived in toril before?

Respected Member
    You know my lola then Lani,you have probably been to their beach resort in Daliao
    What's the name of the beach Sir? Badak, kalayaan i forgot the rest

Badak
    I normally avoid that resort,it has several monkeys one of which always seems to be "Touching" itself innapropriately

Anong name ng beach merong Badak, Kalayaan and Vales...madalas kami sa Vales pag walang magawa, hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    Maayong adlaw diha dong, naa me nagpuyo sa gosport duol ra sa portsmouth...goodluck sa interview..amping kanunay
    ay kalayo d.i! salamat sa goodluck hehehe! kelan k dumating d2 sa uk, tagal na ba?

Quote Originally Posted by Davao lani View Post
    Anong name ng beach merong Badak, Kalayaan and Vales...madalas kami sa Vales pag walang magawa, hehehe...
    Madalas din kami sa Vales eh, but ayaw ko lang ang black sand... Hate na hate ko kasi ang buhangin kahit ano, lalo nang black sand hehehe! Samal na lang, sa Blue Jazz banda... Swimming pool lang doon, may water slides din hehehe!

Respected Member
    ay kalayo d.i! salamat sa goodluck hehehe! kelan k dumating d2 sa uk, tagal na ba?
    last 2008 dili pa kaau dugay...heheheh...Hawod kaau ka mo bisaya ug tagalog noh? heheheh...ako untang anak pareha nimo puhon kabalo sa atong dialect

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davao lani View Post
    Ai vales diay to name sa isa kalimot manko oi...

Madalas din kami sa Vales eh, but ayaw ko lang ang black sand... Hate na hate ko kasi ang buhangin kahit ano, lalo nang black sand hehehe! Samal na lang, sa Blue Jazz banda... Swimming pool lang doon, may water slides din hehehe!
    Thats all we can afford Sam, hehe..wla may sapi..s samal sa paradise r pud ko kutob.

Thread Information