Thread: My visa was refused and im trying to make an appeal for it...

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question My visa was refused and im trying to make an appeal for it...

HI..

My visa application was refused due to the said discrepancy between the letter of invitation, which is they stated that it was a graduation gift (Graduated as a nurse by the way) and the certificate of employment in my job that they are not sure about coming back to the country.. what do you think about the appeal? or what should i do?

- can i have a supporting letter that my mum is old now and being the youngest is that i am needed t care for her as soon as i get back from vacation, and besides it is a custom here in the Philippines that we are tied to care for our parents.
    -my employer stated that he can make a letter that im in a church and a school, so i have my missions and obligations that i have to go back here.
    -and my sponsor will be the one who will have the appeal in UK (oral hearing) ...what are really the needed documents?

any further information and suggestion will surely help... my 28days is ticking and i lost 5 days already...

Who is the name of your eco???

it probably be quicker if you appealed in the phils.
    sent any new evidence regarding the refusal and asked for re-consideration, but still appeal b4 your 28 days are up..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by kate_th View Post
    Who is the name of your eco???
    hi kate... it says LMG in the Refusal letter... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    it probably be quicker if you appealed in the phils.
    sent any new evidence regarding the refusal and asked for re-consideration, but still appeal b4 your 28 days are up..
    sorry joe i keep on making a fuss... yet im so frustrated about the decision... are you really sure that making an appeal here will be much easier? and faster? because i thought that my (sister) sponsor herself is a good evidence that she would be liable for me... and its via oral hearing and not thru papaers -because it was also written in the FORM that we should not post or fax the papers coz that will cause a delay...

I experienced being refused but the sitiuation is different.the embassy are wrong stating my Bf bank statement.That time i want to make an appeal but someone advises me,it takes time waiting...what i did is i re apply and stated that they are wrong about the bank statement.luckily i got my visa for just 2 days...
    re apply again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alona View Post
    I experienced being refused but the sitiuation is different.the embassy are wrong stating my Bf bank statement.That time i want to make an appeal but someone advises me,it takes time waiting...what i did is i re apply and stated that they are wrong about the bank statement.luckily i got my visa for just 2 days...
    re apply again.
    If the ECO has clearly made a error in the decision based on a "good" application it's far quicker,cheaper and easier to request the ECM for a reconsideration based on the errors made.

Appeals often do take quite a long time to resolve. Months are taken usually.

you're right terpe,it take time to wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    If the ECO has clearly made a error in the decision based on a "good" application it's far quicker,cheaper and easier to request the ECM for a reconsideration based on the errors made.

Appeals often do take quite a long time to resolve. Months are taken usually.

Hi drivethru2600! I assume you are applying for a tourist visa. It would be easier if you just re-apply instead of appealing. British Embassy is quite strict for Registered Nurses from Philippines in applying a tourist visa, as there were incidents before that some were able to get employers here & managed to change visas from tourist to working, but that was before the Home Office tightened their belt on non-EU workers.
    I had the same exprience getting a tourist visa for my only sister who is RN & was practicing her profession in 2006. I planned to bring her here as tourist, but the real intention was to look for a job. Though it didn't happen, as she was initially granted 3months only. I told my sister to hold off coming here, let the visa expire without using it & re-apply after a year. When she did apply, I included my dad in the application, as I believe it'll make her application strong coz the embassy will think she'll accompany my dad (he's an elderly) on the holiday. She was then granted 6months visa in 2007 & they stayed here for 5months before visa expired.
    Make sure you provide evidences: Certificate of employment from your company, your letter to your company seeking vacation or career break with their approval noted on the letter, any bank statements or property you have in the philippines coz it'll count in your application & they'll think you have a property to come back for. If you are married w/ kids, it's a strong point, as embassy is assured you'll be coming back for them. If your sister can get your mum as tourist too, so you can say you'll accompany her. Though it'll cost your sister more, chances are better.
    I don't know what others may advise you, but it worked for me. Good luck & make sure you have as much evidence.
    By the way, my sister & her family is already here in the UK on a working visa since 2010 in healthcare.
    Aingeall

Quote Originally Posted by drivethru2600 View Post
    can i have a supporting letter that my mum is old now and being the youngest is that i am needed t care for her as soon as i get back from vacation, and besides it is a custom here in the Philippines that we are tied to care for our parents.
    On my opinion, I'd rather not say these to them. Can your mum not join you to travel? Your application will be strong if she can come with you. Make sure the invitation letter from your sister is very convincing to the embassy, as they rely on this letter very much.
    Aingeall

Yes, as an Immigration Consultant, I agree with all who have responded, It is quicker and cost about the same thing to re-apply than to appeal. Also, take into consideration that appeal would usually be based on the facts that you initially present - So, make a new application, correcting the mistakes from the first application - also UK Immigration allows for parents 65 years or over of UK citizens or residents, make applications for settlement.

Yes, as an Immigration Consultant
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Transire View Post
    - also UK Immigration allows for parents 65 years or over of UK citizens or residents, make applications for settlement.
    again for many not so easy
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...rentsandother/
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pa...dentrelatives/

If they are visiting the UK, then there should also be a change of circumstances if they want to apply for ILR. Else, they may be refused under 322(7) because of 41(i) & (ii).
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi Alona,

Ive read ur comment that u re-applied for a tourist visa. do u thik i can re-apply as well as i were refused last sept1. im only planning for a 3 weeks holiday coz im enrolled for a caregiving course which classes will start on Nov, but then they refused me coz they said i wont come back.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmhe79 View Post
    Hi Alona,

Ive read ur comment that u re-applied for a tourist visa. do u thik i can re-apply as well as i were refused last sept1. im only planning for a 3 weeks holiday coz im enrolled for a caregiving course which classes will start on Nov, but then they refused me coz they said i wont come back.
    In my opinion, unless you have significant changes in your personal circumstances that will convince the ECO you have compelling reasons to return home, I think it's a high risk for refusal.
    So sorry to be so hard.
    Can you demonstrate significant changes ?

1)im going to take off the remittances that i submitted before( enclosed it as i thought it would help to prove that we have a strong relationship)
    2) take off the marriage contract instead enclose the affidavit from my lawyer stating annulment is still going on and anytime my appearance will be needed in the court hearing
    3) enclose my grandma's letter stating she will take care of the kids since its a semestral break for the kids and expecting my return date(since mum passed away)
    4) state that i have an online business of RTW's and perfumes
    5) enclose a 3 weeks iterinary ( can use the blank calendar and fill in my whereabouts for 3 weeks)

PS: could submit an iterinary for my return flight but this time from Manila-UK-Egypt-Manila ( planning to go to Egypt for a week to celebrate our anniv as we always do yearly)
    also a confirmed hotel reseravtion for EGYPT.

What do u think?

if your b/f is sponsoring you something like this should help or give you an idea

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf

good luck thou

joebloggs,

My fiance submitted same format of invitation letter, but still it ddnt work

Can i submit my business permit where i have it for my internet cafe since 2007 until Nov 2011, but then my cafe is currently close as of the moment due to transferring it here in Tacloban leyte from Makati? Do u think EC will check if my cafe is still going on?

You made it clear in your app that you are visiting your fiancee, technically this is the wrong visa you applied for. The correct one is Marriage/Fiancee Visa as this gives you a full 6 months to marry, but plenty of time to decide you don't want to go ahead with it and return home

The onus is on the guy to visit you at least once, more is preferrable rather than you visiting him.

Regardless of what you supply for another app, the basic circumstances for the refusal haven't changed and therefore I'd save the money and have him visit you which will help improve chances on the Marriage/Fiancee Visa.
    Keith - Administrator

he visited me every after 5 months in dubai and here in Philippines.last visit was April-May. but then I want him to visit and also meet his family and friends before we get married here in Leyte.

Thread Information